8 replies to this topic

#1 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:45 PM

All the videos except youtube vids look like this to me, but I'll lay money on it that it might be TOR Browser to blame...

If it's not that it's XP SP2 & Flash being out of date & I can't update with SP2 :cry:

Attached File  Bloody TOR browser innit...jpg   60.84KB   0 downloads

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, Dekay and 1 other like this

#2 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:52 PM

Could well be @ MDS or perhaps an updated video codec might fix it?. Why not wave the flag and get a lappy with Win7 on it?

• Mrs Willy, denots and mrsDeeks like this

#3 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:02 PM

Could well be @ MDS . Why not wave the flag and get a lappy with Win7 on it?

I do have one, but I still prefer XP Pro :D

Though I guess Win7 is the far lesser of any other Win evils out there...

I might try logging in with Firefox sometime & see if it's just the browser... In fact I might do that tomorrow & let you know if that cures it ;)

• Budgie likes this

#4 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:07 PM

All the videos except youtube vids look like this to me, but I'll lay money on it that it might be TOR Browser to blame...

If it's not that it's XP SP2 & Flash being out of date & I can't update with SP2 :cry:

attachicon.gifBloody TOR browser innit...jpg

It's not the Tor browser but it might be its version (or perhaps your OS, but I think that's less likely).

The video attachments use the HTML5 <video> tag so, no Flash is required, and it looks like it's being interpreted correctly by your browser and displaying a player (if the browser didn't understand then it would display a link to the file).

As for a solution? I don't know... It could be that the browser is too old to handle .mp4, but the .webm files I've posted elsewhere should have worked, or maybe there's something intercepting the Content-Type header somewhere?
  • MDS likes this

#5 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:16 PM

It's not the Tor browser but it might be its version (or perhaps your OS, but I think that's less likely).

The video attachments use the HTML5 <video> tag so, no Flash is required, and it looks like it's being interpreted correctly by your browser and displaying a player (if the browser didn't understand then it would display a link to the file).

As for a solution? I don't know... It could be that the browser is too old to handle .mp4, but the .webm files I've posted elsewhere should have worked, or maybe there's something intercepting the Content-Type header somewhere?

You may be right Missy, I'm using an older version of TOR browser because I can't update that b'stard either thanks to Microshaft removing every bloody update & SP3 from Windoze update...

When they said they were no longer supporting it I guess like everyone else I figured no new updates ;)

But no, they removed every update they ever made for it...

Wankers :smiliegojerkit:

Of course you only find this out when you reinstall the operating system :clap:

Merry Christmas...

• Budgie likes this

#6 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:25 PM

XP SP3

I've probably got a copy of this (as a service pack) somewhere if you want it :)
  • MDS likes this

#7 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:35 PM

I've probably got a copy of this (as a service pack) somewhere if you want it :)

That is very kind of you to offer that Missy.

However, I do have another XP Pro installation disc which does have XP3..

I bought a Solid state drive for this machine & fully intended to fit it & install that disc, but I have been so busy since I intended to complete that task that I never got around to it...

Plus finding all those damn bookmarks again & everywhere I have been & all the passwords....

It kind of got put on hold...

However, now I think about it just SP3 would be great :) Fantastic even...No re-installation needed..

Thank you.

I'm not at all sure I could just swipe the SP3 update off of the other XP Pro disc, in fact I very much doubt I could.

#8 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:06 AM

Download genuine Windows XP SP3 Service Pack update installer: 
http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/svpk/2008/04/windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu_c81472f7eeea2eca421e116cd4c03e2300ebfde4.exe

Sorry about the rubbish wording, but it's for the search engines
  • Budgie and MDS like this

#9 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:02 AM

I can now confirm that it's probably not the TOR browser ;)

Just logged in with Firefox & the videos look just the same as the screen grab I showed earlier..

Got that SP3 update sitting on my desktop, thanks again Missy :) Fingers crossed it's stable as this bare bones version of SP2 I'm running..

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.