• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:44 PM

Air stone is needed mate or a water pump to flume the water. You need to keep it breaking the water surface to get the water oxygen voodoo magic working.

Try aiming a fan at the pots and moving them apart a bit more. I use that to good effect with my passive intake being behind my res so its always got cold air being sucked around it.
  • duke, Sprink, Dex and 1 other like this

#12 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:45 PM

The water bottles will work btw.
Your only dealing with a water mass of 12ltr so a few ice bottles should do it some good.
  • Dekay, duke, Sprink and 2 others like this

#13 PeaceLoveUnity

PeaceLoveUnity

We Can Make it Work!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:54 PM

Will try this stuff, been low on money or I would've bought some stones to at least test side by side with the regular unstoned tubes...same with more fans in the tent.

good to hear that the bottles will work! I have no qualms with having to replace them daily :) I had reservoirs twice this big for the plants but it seriously cut down on space in the tent so I ditched em for buckets half the size. glad I did. 

• mellowed, Dekay, duke and 1 other like this

#14 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:59 PM

You will find the pot with an air stone in will contain more d.o due to more bubbles so better growth rate an roots.
Its not the bubbles that put the d.o into the water as such but its the bubbles breaking the waters surface at the top.
The more bubbles that are produced down below means more of the waters surface is being broken hence the air stone.
A pipe just blowing a single big bubble wont be doing much.

Let us know how ya go mate.
  • Dekay, duke, Sprink and 2 others like this

#15 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:07 PM

mellowed is correct I reckon.

When I read this thread the thing that struck me was how the other plants did well ;)

Fella you got a plant here that wants to grow. To do that it needs food just like me & you do to grow.

If you are feeding them nothing, just water & with an EC of 0.1 to boot then where are they getting food from? There is nothing there..

Seeds have an inbuilt store to get them so far, up & above the medium :) Once it does that the roots grow because it gets light energy & the roots find food (if it's in soil), but yours are in water, so you have to feed them ;)

Like mellowed said the res temps are way too high & not using an airstone will make things a lot worse, you need small bubbles to help dissolve the oxygen in the water.

I'm amazed you got this far...

Sorry

• Dekay, duke, denots and 3 others like this

#16 PeaceLoveUnity

PeaceLoveUnity

We Can Make it Work!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:08 PM

You will find the pot with an air stone in will contain more d.o due to more bubbles so better growth rate an roots.
Its not the bubbles that put the d.o into the water as such but its the bubbles breaking the waters surface at the top.
The more bubbles that are produced down below means more of the waters surface is being broken hence the air stone.
A pipe just blowing a single big bubble wont be doing much.

Let us know how ya go mate.

word! Makes sense, don't know why I hadn't thought about it like that. Just being cheap and not buying stuff I ought to get too :)

thanks a lot :)

• Dekay, duke, Sprink and 1 other like this

#17 PeaceLoveUnity

PeaceLoveUnity

We Can Make it Work!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:14 PM

mellowed is correct I reckon.

When I read this thread the thing that struck me was how the other plants did well ;)

Fella you got a plant here that wants to grow. To do that it needs food just like me & you do to grow.

If you are feeding them nothing, just water & with an EC of 0.1 to boot then where are they getting food from? There is nothing there..

Seeds have an inbuilt store to get them so far, up & above the medium :) Once it does that the roots grow because it gets light energy & the roots find food (if it's in soil), but yours are in water, so you have to feed them ;)

Like mellowed said the res temps are way too high & not using an airstone will make things a lot worse, you need small bubbles to help dissolve the oxygen in the water.

I'm amazed you got this far...

Sorry

No problem, I'm totally new to it so I'm amazed I got this far as well.

I would've fed them, but I was under the impression that they weren't old enough to have nutrients added yet. I've often read two weeks old was a good place to start feeding, then at a low dose.

definitely getting some airstones, cooling the reservoirs down and adding some food, haha thank you :)

• mellowed, Dekay, duke and 1 other like this

#18 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:16 PM

No probs mate.
An mds has said about the feed as well which wont be helping at all.
After 1 week i start them on 0.1ec feed so they have something to eat an up it if they need it.
  • duke, Dex and PeaceLoveUnity like this

#19 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:20 PM

No problem, I'm totally new to it so I'm amazed I got this far as well.

I would've fed them, but I was under the impression that they weren't old enough to have nutrients added yet. I've often read two weeks old was a good place to start feeding, then at a low dose.

definitely getting some airstones, cooling the reservoirs down and adding some food, haha thank you :)

Just looked at your lights, they look ok, no HID right now...

Look another of your problems is definitely humidity. You see the plant expires & it'll use water, but until it's a bigger size that light is stripping the humidity, burning it off so to speak by warming things up.

Maybe I saw bottles mentioned, but you need to bring the humidity up around that plant so it doesn't transpire as much because it hasn't got the roots to do it yet ;)

Lots of things are killing it or trying to..

You have lots to sort out if you want to save her...

Still wish you well, I really do :)

Edited by MDS, 08 July 2016 - 11:20 PM.

• Dekay, duke and Dex like this

#20 PeaceLoveUnity

PeaceLoveUnity

We Can Make it Work!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:37 PM

Thanks MDS. Seems spot on that the plant needed a higher humidity, the rest of the plants have enough roots to handle the lights so close... I think that I'm going to have to let her die as I have some strong little seedlings coming along now and only so many spots to grow in/number of plants I can legally grow. Many thanks for the help :)

peace, love, unity

• Dekay, duke and BIGLUMPAGREEN like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.