Photo
- - - - -

Vitamin C for Feeding Cannabis

Feeding Cannabis Vitamin C Cannabis Growing The Green Circle Cannabis Cannabis with Farty Bits Advanced Cannabis Techniques

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TheGreenMachine

TheGreenMachine

Potato

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:01 AM

I was diging about on top of my kitchen cupboard (a no mans land of casual storage) when I found a bag of pure vitamin C I had ordered earlier in the year and forgotten about.
Originally I had purchased it as an ingredient to be used in the construction of rocket motors but also some time ago I read it could be added to a nutrient res directly but I can't for the life of me remember why / what it does / what benefits it has.

I did a bit of digging around this morning to see if I could find the stuff I originally read but I can't find it now. All I can find are posts relating to consuming Vitamin C to affect someone's high lol.

I'm sure it has something to do with it's easily absorbed by the plants and it's directly available to them as opposed to them having to make it. Something along those lines.
Just wondering if there's any point / benefit to trying it out?

I don't really give my plants additives as such unless I can see the benefit visibly.

I just give them their normal feed and maybe some Rhizo up until flowering and some silicon once a week maybe.

I did used to give Raw Amino acids and Raw Yukka extract but I couldn't personally see any difference with those so I've not used them for ages.

I prefer to keep things simple unless there is a real benefit to be had by giving it.

Any thoughts from anyone about Vitamin C?

Cheers.

• weedtroll, duke, denots and 1 other like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:05 PM

I was diging about on top of my kitchen cupboard (a no mans land of casual storage) when I found a bag of pure vitamin C I had ordered earlier in the year and forgotten about.
Originally I had purchased it as an ingredient to be used in the construction of rocket motors but also some time ago I read it could be added to a nutrient res directly but I can't for the life of me remember why / what it does / what benefits it has.

I did a bit of digging around this morning to see if I could find the stuff I originally read but I can't find it now. All I can find are posts relating to consuming Vitamin C to affect someone's high lol.

I'm sure it has something to do with it's easily absorbed by the plants and it's directly available to them as opposed to them having to make it. Something along those lines.
Just wondering if there's any point / benefit to trying it out?

I don't really give my plants additives as such unless I can see the benefit visibly.

I just give them their normal feed and maybe some Rhizo up until flowering and some silicon once a week maybe.

I did used to give Raw Amino acids and Raw Yukka extract but I couldn't personally see any difference with those so I've not used them for ages.

I prefer to keep things simple unless there is a real benefit to be had by giving it.

Any thoughts from anyone about Vitamin C?

Cheers.

hi i think you will find it allready present in most nutrients and call ascorbic acid but yes it does a major part in plant growth and cell strength etc heres a study i read on its affect in plants,but as in all things not be overdone,peace  http://aob.oxfordjou.../6/661.full.pdf

• Budgie, denots, Dex and 1 other like this

#3 TheGreenMachine

TheGreenMachine

Potato

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:04 AM

Thanks Duke.

Very useful information.
So if my food contains it already I wont add any extra in that case. I'm sure what's in the main feed will be adequate.

The plant seems to be doing well as is on just the main feed so no point giving something it doesn't appear to be asking for.

Handy to know what it is and what it does though.

Thanks again!!!

• duke, denots and Dex like this

#4 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:05 AM

I learned summit new there thanks you two that's pretty cool
  • duke and denots like this

#5 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:19 AM

Interesting read that is @ duke :mr:

• duke, denots and Dex like this

#6 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:00 AM

Only scanned through that pdf, And I like it being written by a scientist called Smirnoff but I really like the part that states vitamin C /ascorbic acid helps plants out in time of drought.

Both through cold/hot and intense light. It helps protect the plant and makes photosynthesis continue without CO2 when otherwise it would have stalled. Could be a quick-fix to have in the bag for times when we'll be away from our plants, if the soil dries out or the fans pack up and temps go wild perhaps?

• duke, denots and MDS like this

#7 denots

denots

oil me up before you go go

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:05 AM

Just read all that Duke, and the only thing it reminded me off was, I've got to get a bottle of Vodka  :P  :D .

• Budgie and duke like this

#8 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:08 AM

Only scanned through that pdf, And I like it being written by a scientist called Smirnoff but I really like the part that states vitamin C /ascorbic acid helps plants out in time of drought.

Both through cold/hot and intense light. It helps protect the plant and makes photosynthesis continue without CO2 when otherwise it would have stalled. Could be a quick-fix to have in the bag for times when we'll be away from our plants, if the soil dries out or the fans pack up and temps go wild perhaps?

my thinking exactly and a foliar high in ascorbic can help hard to root clones as well,the bit about the co2 is interesting though,peace

• Budgie, denots and Dex like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Feeding Cannabis Vitamin C, Cannabis Growing, The Green Circle Cannabis, Cannabis with Farty Bits, Advanced Cannabis Techniques

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.