22 replies to this topic

#1 CountryBoy

CountryBoy

Daft as a brush and twice as hairy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 02:43 PM

For ages now I've wanted to do away with the noisy old big black tent and build a proper space for my ladies to reside in. Ultimately I need a small propagation and veg chamber, storage for my 100l tank, a flowering room big enough for a 1m parabolic shade and somewhere for all the fans and electrics to go, away from the prying eyes of the gas man on his dreaded yearly check.
After a lot of umming and ahhing I've come up with this:

The grow-O-matic 5000!

gallery_899_423_390555.jpg

These are the original plans, things have changed slightly, and I'm sure things will change some more as the build progresses, it's always the way with my projects!

I'm always open to suggestions so if any of you lot have a better/easier/cheaper way of doin something don't be shy! This is gonna a permanent install, I want to make it the best I can so the more ideas the better boys and girls!

gallery_899_423_376143.jpg

The vent plan needs reversing, I've decided to pull fresh air in from the left hand side now, as there is a very convinient existing vent to the outside on that wall, all the exhaust vents will now be running to the right, but I haven't worked out where I'm gonna run them to yet. The vent I was using exits right into my hallway and you can hear the fans from the front door (that's lead to a few squeaky bum moments in the past, opening the door to coppers n housing officers n the like). I can't go up cos the council are forever pokin about in the loft, so that only leaves me with two options, out into the bathroom, which would keep the duct length short, but would be a pain in the arse cutting through the wall tiles. The other option is to run duct through into the boiler cupboard and box it all in, but that involves cutting through two walls and about 5m of ducting! I'll be doing the ventilation last so if any of you have any ideas please feel free to shout em out!

gallery_899_423_653742.jpg

This is a rough plan of the electrics, again it's changed already. I did want a cupboard in the side for timers n blasts n that, but there wasn't the room, so now all the bloom set up is going in the fan cupboard, ill need a set of steps to get at it all, but at least it'll all be out the way. I've wired up a switchable spur off the ring main for the fans, the switch is in the hall so if I do need to kill the fans for what ever reason I can do it without going into the bedroom! At some point I'd like to run the grow room off its own supply, and there is a spare slot for another breaker in the consumer unit but that's gonna have to wait till my mate can come wire it up for me, I'm not messin about with the consumer unit!

Yesterday we got started on the walls, all metal stud work n plasterboard aquired off site, I wanted soundboard really, but you gotta get what you can when you don't wanna pay lol! All the voids are filled with sound insulation so it should still be pretty quiet!

Here's my mate wackin the stud up, he's an office fitter by trade n fuck me did he make it look easy!

gallery_899_423_38443.jpg

This is as far as we got yesterday before we got too stoned n decided to take the dogs for a walk

gallery_899_423_113296.jpg

He's comin back round Friday to finish off the walls n build the cupboards while I sort out the electrics so stay tuned for more updates!
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 9 others like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 02:55 PM

wow a tailor made groom the stuff of dreams!i as you know love a bit of diy and building mad shite so i shall watch you work,peace ps when you coming over for that smoke?

• Dekay, denots, Roy Cropper and 2 others like this

#3 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 02:55 PM

Hi CB,

it seams to me as though you should be able to fit the flower chamber CF where the two fans are, possibly & give yourself a bit more room incase the parabolic reflector fouls it. That'd mean only a tiny bit of ducting needed to join the two & less noise due to turbulence.

Consider me well & truly along for this one.

I was going to suggest using a single larger CF for both chambers (I have done this before) but it would involve much more work & you'll likely only change the veg CF after years.. It's the flower one that'll suffer ;)

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 2 others like this

#4 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:06 PM

Very nice :)

This caught my eye...

post-7-0-45159700-1468423240.jpg

I think that having two fans pushing air into a single outlet will lead to imbalances as the speeds vary, and that ideally one would have two separate outlets.

Or perhaps a single larger fan with the Y-piece on the downstream side, and maybe some inline adjustable vanes to provide control over the air flow?

And leave the witch alone :vroom:

post-7-0-97529100-1468423254.png

Attached Files

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, CocoMonkey and 6 others like this

#5 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:12 PM

I had to look cus title of thread is ace, good stuff CB. I`ve been thinking along these lines for a long time,i have a great space for a fitted wardrobe or summink like that would make a cock on grow area 365 days per year and stress free. It`s about getting the right builder in for this though, when is yourmate free lol :)

• Dekay, duke, denots and 1 other like this

#6 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:26 PM

You don't actually need two extraction fans ;)

As long as you make sure that some of the air that the inlet fan brings in gets to the veg chamber you could vent the veg chamber into the flowering chamber by using light baffles.

The veg chamber wont need as much air throughput so you could get away with a single extraction fan pretty easily & thus a single carbon filter :)

• Dekay, 2scoops, duke and 2 others like this

#7 CountryBoy

CountryBoy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:25 AM

For some reason it won't let me post in this thread, I keep just gettin a blank screen when I hit post!
  • duke and denots like this

#8 CountryBoy

CountryBoy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:26 AM

Hhhmmm it posted that, but it won't let me post the reply I've written. Most strange....
  • duke and denots like this

#9 CountryBoy

CountryBoy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:29 AM

wow a tailor made groom the stuff of dreams!i as you know love a bit of diy and building mad shite so i shall watch you work,peace ps when you coming over for that smoke?

You know that mate! I've been dreaming bout something like this ever since I first started growing! Well na actually that's a lie, I've been dreaming about something more shipping container/barn sized, but you gotta work with the space you got :D
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, smokin soul and 2 others like this

#10 CountryBoy

CountryBoy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:33 AM

I see, it doesn't like multi quote, give me 5 mins n I'll put all my replies up seperately.....

Hi CB,

it seams to me as though you should be able to fit the flower chamber CF where the two fans are, possibly & give yourself a bit more room incase the parabolic reflector fouls it. That'd mean only a tiny bit of ducting needed to join the two & less noise due to turbulence.

Consider me well & truly along for this one.

I was going to suggest using a single larger CF for both chambers (I have done this before) but it would involve much more work & you'll likely only change the veg CF after years.. It's the flower one that'll suffer ;)

Take a seat mate! It should get 'interesting' once we get right into all the electrics n that, I predict a fair bit of head scratchin n a fair few more spliffs bein smoked before this cabinet is squared away! The latest plan for the flower room is like so...

gallery_899_423_245930.jpg

I'm gonna cut the fan cupboard short to give space for the cf well away from the lamp

Can you elaborate on the single filter mate, cos Ive thought long and hard about that one, the best I could come up with was this

gallery_899_423_681452.jpg

Two unfiltered fans blowing into a chamber with a larger fan suckling out through a filter, only one filter and only one exhaust vent but I fucked it off cos it involved runnin another fan and I'd have to work out all the air flows to make sure I still had negative pressure n all that.

You don't actually need two extraction fans ;)

As long as you make sure that some of the air that the inlet fan brings in gets to the veg chamber you could vent the veg chamber into the flowering chamber by using light baffles.

The veg chamber wont need as much air throughput so you could get away with a single extraction fan pretty easily & thus a single carbon filter :)

I did think of doing something like that, it would save a bit of electric and cut down on the noise but ultimately I wanna get some co2 on the go in the flower room so each chamber needs to be seperate, and I have a vast collection of fans n a fair few filters here so I shouldn't have to spend any money other than a bit of new ducting.

Edited by CountryBoy, 15 July 2016 - 07:38 AM.

• Dekay, duke and denots like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.