4 replies to this topic

#1 CocoMonkey

CocoMonkey

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:12 AM

Hey guys im investing in a new digital ballast and I thought I might as well replace the bulb too, but which one??
Ive used alot of brands before and tbh I can't see any difference between a grolux and omega, done the dual spec and the super lumen too. But what about the ones that are geared towards the digital ballasts, claim to be more stable at different wattages and better (par) output.
The problem is they all claim to be the best so whos telling the truth and who is telling porkies?
  • 2scoops likes this

#2 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:25 AM

I use Sunmaster and always have with hps grows, but i think @ MDS would maybe know more on this after seeing his collection of bulbs stacked high in a picture the other day.  I also read about why he thinks digi ballasts break quite alot and can`t be mended, summink to with a bit of plastic that gives up and frazzles inside i think, but i`ll let him explain more, cus i forgot the whole post and i can`t find it now :)

• CocoMonkey likes this

#3 CocoMonkey

CocoMonkey

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:34 AM

Lol same here mate I had about 10 bulbs until I had to force myself to throw the older ones away.
I like the sunmaster dual specs but the shop hasn't got these in stock atm
The choice is between the, Osram Nav-T, Growlux 58k lumen with added blue (I used these and they very good last ages with no discolouration on the element.) Or the Sol-Digital dual spec (optimised for digi ballasts)
  • 2scoops likes this

#4 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:40 AM

Lol same here mate I had about 10 bulbs until I had to force myself to throw the older ones away.
I like the sunmaster dual specs but the shop hasn't got these in stock atm
The choice is between the, Osram Nav-T, Growlux 58k lumen with added blue (I used these and they very good last ages with no discolouration on the element.) Or the Sol-Digital dual spec (optimised for digi ballasts)

I`d maybe wait b4 buying till he comes along, cus he knowws his stuff and i`m sure he will explain about dual spec or not. I would think he`ll be along sometime today, he alwats seems to be around. :)

I`ll see if i can find the thread he waas on about it in :)

• CocoMonkey likes this

#5 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:49 AM

Here`s the the thread    i think

I also think he was on about digi ballasts in another thread too, but can`t find it CM

• CocoMonkey likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.