121 replies to this topic

#21 Dave the Shrew

Dave the Shrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 05:59 PM

@ MDS yes mate I'm a bit unsure of how they will react. Time will tell.
Don't really want to lose them as they will be going in the flower room in 4 weeks.
  • duke, Zipp and MDS like this

#22 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:09 PM

@ MDS yes mate I'm a bit unsure of how they will react. Time will tell.
Don't really want to lose them as they will be going in the flower room in 4 weeks.

I don't think you have any fear of losing them at all fella :) I think the worst that happen is they kind of stall for a little while, maybe take a few days to realise it's not the end of the world kind of thing & get back to it :D

Coco is so airy anyway that even though the roots aren't in the usual position I see no reason why they still won't get loads of oxygen!

I think if it was me doing it I'd have thrown in some root stim like Rhizotonic or similar with the first water/feed, it also helps reduce stress etc, but I feel sure they'll be fine once they realise they are ;) If you did then all the better, but don't stress if you didn't... The plant that was pictured was a decent size so it'll take this little bit of abuse in its stride.

• Dekay, hazed bunny, duke and 3 others like this

#23 Dave the Shrew

Dave the Shrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:36 PM

Unfortunately I don't have any rhizotonic but I do need to get some for the next lot of seeds that sprout. Will keep it in mind for futur reference.
Cheers @ MDS .
  • hazed bunny, duke and Zipp like this

#24 Zipp

Zipp

Coco Automatic Mod'ness

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:54 PM

lol superb mr shrew lol never seen that done but i dont see any probs with it myself

hope they recover quickly then you'll see the feckers grow lol :D :D

• Dekay, duke and Dave the Shrew like this

#25 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:55 PM

You know I reckon it's all pretty subjective anyway when you're dealing with a 10" tall plant ;)

You'll never know if it made any difference if you used the stuff or not :D

When I root cutts I always use Rhizo in the mix that I soak the peat pellets in, the same goes for after they have rooted & when I first pot them up. All that's done with full strength Rhizo at 4ml/L, when I pot up those plants again I might give them 2ml/L...

At that point they have a decent sized root system anyway & they would have been in 1L air pots with the bottom grate moved up so they had about 0.66L in reality.

So who's to say if it'd make any difference at that point?

Yours I'm sure will be fine, you have given them a decent feed & adjusted the PH to the correct level.

Watch em start flying soon :D

• duke and Dave the Shrew like this

#26 Dave the Shrew

Dave the Shrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:03 PM

So just gave them another feed. All seems good.
No problems have arisen.
Watch this space.
Mods still need this moved to coco diaries.

Much love

The Shrew
  • 2scoops and Zipp like this

#27 Dave the Shrew

Dave the Shrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:06 PM

Just gave them a top up feed from earlier and they are showing no issues from switch of nutes and medium.
Still on ec of 1.2 ph 6.2.
The only o e that looks a little down is the super silver haze and it looks like a magne cal deficiency.
As soon as my magne cal is here will be added and see if she perks up. I think this must just be the strain as the other two are fine.
That blue OG is a fucking bush.
Going to be mental whe. She flowers.
Just need to get the other two topped a few more times.
So far I'm loving the coco.
Much more involvement which i thought I would of hated but it doesn't take much longer than setting up my soil nutes.
Totally been converted. Will stick with this ec for another week or so then will up it by .2 and see how the girls fair.
Also have included a few slipper/ flip flop photos for your viewing pleasure.

The Shrew

Attached Files

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 4 others like this

#28 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:34 PM

hi dave they are looking good and yes a few weeks and coco becomes easier if your lucky and have a consistent water ph/ec from the tap then its even easier as you soon get used to how much ph adjustment is needed and the fact that less nutes are needed than in many other soiless mediums because plants can use nutes more efficiently so need less in general making it harder to damage plants with overfeeding so often seen and easy to do in soil,good luck

• Dekay and Dave the Shrew like this

#29 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:11 PM

Hey and lol thats what I did first hydro try with a hempy bucket took a small plant out of soil washed roots off and then banged it in perlite vermiculite mix and gave it full feed, the bugger fell over straight away just flopped slowly so ran water through and it popped back up, made sure i vegged for a fair bit after doing that mind but best yield I had ever had at time. Coco is easy even easier than soil I would say now once you know how much nutes go in how much water and even how many drops of ph down, then add to the fact you can feed them as quick as you can pour it and watch it bubble away and jobs done, I love it :) Am watching anyway mate ;)

• The Dude Abides, duke and Dave the Shrew like this

#30 Dave the Shrew

Dave the Shrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:38 AM

Thank guys.
Have already figured out how much ph down to use per 10 litres of water.
And know know much of my nutes to put in to reach my desired ec. So all is good.
Just think I need the magne cal in there and to up the feed a little. As the blue OG and super silver haze are a little light green on the leaves.

The cindy 99 is flying though.

The Shrew
  • Dekay, duke, Zipp and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.