• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#61 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:18 PM

hi dave i have a system similar and use it for the odd holiday and that but i had right problems with 1 and the other worked perfect you can see the set up on my diary about 25 pages back i think but it same gravity fed from res on top of the drobes my best advice would be not to use drippers or sprinklers but a ring of tubing with lots of small holes in made using a soldering iron or hot nail and looped around each plant stem this for me gave a far better flooding (coco) than any dripper and run of was good at 1 min feeds once every 12 hours also give yourself a good week or two to test its reliability and flow rate/capacity to last however long you plan leaving it,make sure res is dark and cool as possible and when its running unattended you will not spend the entire holiday worried about your grow drying and dying!good luck

• The Dude Abides, Zipp, Forest and 1 other like this

#62 Dave the Shrew

Dave the Shrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:04 AM

Thanks @duke should have it set up by next weekend so will give it all a trial run.
  • The Dude Abides, duke and Forest like this

#63 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,602 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:17 PM

So why would you want cal/mag ? you`ve lost me a bit the plants are lovely and green, you have as much calcium in your hard tap water @0.5 ec, you get the paler looking plant and leaves around tops on newer growth anyhow, well i do in coco and they darkens with age, surely you noticed that growing those big plants ? if anything and your worried about the paleness then epsom salts (manesium sulphate) is the thing to use,  i mean i suppose its ok to have cal/mag in your arsenal of additives, but i think your barking up wrong tree as things stand looking at those plants which are sound as a pound to my eyes, remember adding that cal/mag can do more harm than good interfering with uptake of other nutrients causing lockout, so adding calcium to your already full of calcium hardwater and feeding it to plants that are lush green is a real no no to me, thats my thoughts on it anyhow mukka. :)

The plants look great by the way, your doing a grand job. :)

• The Dude Abides, Zipp and Dave the Shrew like this

#64 Dave the Shrew

Dave the Shrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:28 PM

@jimmi2scoops originally when they where in soil one looked like it had cal/mag deficiency.
So I ordered some for my switch to coco. It never turned up so got on to them and it turned up the other day.
Any ways gave them a small dose just in case.
But your probably right plenty in the background ec.
And thanks pal. Plants are looking lovely and green now. Just need to get them into the flower room.
Hopefully this weekend.
Think that blue OG is going to go nuts once flipped.

Cheers. Pal

The Shrew
  • 2scoops and Paulie like this

#65 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,602 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:36 PM

If they gonna get calcium or magnesium def growing in coco then 9 timers outa 10 it`s when the plants start to grow crazy fast the first 2 or 3 weeks of 12/12 when the plant is walloping calcium down to keep up with the fast growing plant, so its summink to keep an eye out for is that, maybe even a dose once a week during that phase for 3 weeks would benefit the plants a bit and also be a preventative, but again i`d be in 2 minds as whether to use it all unless i saw problems during that time and if i did id just sling 3 or 4ml per litre in a spray bottle with a few drops of washing up liquid and spray around lights on time under the leaves for 2 or 3 days on trot to stop it progressing. :)

• Zipp and Dave the Shrew like this

#66 Dave the Shrew

Dave the Shrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:44 PM

Ok thanks @jimmi2scoops will keep an eye on them come flip.
  • 2scoops and Zipp like this

#67 Zipp

Zipp

Coco Automatic Mod'ness

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:27 PM

ahhh shrewy we need pics brother lol  ...  me love me pics fuckit have one of mine a wee auto gorilla glue at 29 days mate lol :D :D

20160831_195937.jpg

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, Nappa and 1 other like this

#68 Dave the Shrew

Dave the Shrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:55 PM

Sorry @Zipp will be down the grow shed later on will take some pictures just for you.
  • The Dude Abides, 2scoops and Zipp like this

#69 Zipp

Zipp

Coco Automatic Mod'ness

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:15 PM

mmmmmmmmmm me smell shite lmao wheres the pics lol :lol: :lol:  , :vape: :vape:  , :tgc:

• The Dude Abides and Dave the Shrew like this

#70 Dave the Shrew

Dave the Shrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:48 PM

So my soil scrog is done. Cut and hanging.
My mud days are behind me now God rest it's muddy soul.
These three have been reported in to 10litre air pots and placed in their run to waste buckets. The drain system will be tested later for leaks.
Excited to get this one under way and see the difference in coco.
Few brunt bits in some of the leafs as ran out of room in veg tent.
So some pictures just for you @Zipp

First is blue OG
Second is cindy99 and a root shot.
Then we have blue OG and Cindy in their new home.
Last but not least super lemon haze with added root shot
And all three sluts in their new home
And their cage to keep them sluts from leaving
And a random shot of my new waste pipe work.

Hope this is enough for you @Zipp
Just need to install my automated irrigation system for my holiday. And if all goes well I think it will be a permanent fixture in the grow room.
Once these girls are finished the shed will be under going some modifications.
Mainly a partition wall in their so I can go in and seal it off making cutting down crops a bit less smelly.
That's the plans for my Xmas week off. Any ways will start a build thread for that nearer the time.

Also these girls will be fed on ec 1.2 ph 6.2
Light is set on 400w and will be till stretch has finished.
Here come the buds round 2. Ding ding

The Shrew

Attached Files

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, smokin soul and 5 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.