Harletan

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:23 PM

Heyah

So I'm thinking about finally splashing out on an IWS F&D

6 pot system but I'll only use 4-5 pots in a 1.2m tent

I've been mulling it over for a long time and thinking about the practicalities, so I won't be going in blind, but if you've used a similar system I'd like to know what you thought/think of it.

Did you have to do anything different, like put clamps on the tubes or something else I might need to consider?

And how big & heavy are the plants?

Cheers

#2 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:27 PM

Heyah

So I'm thinking about finally splashing out on an IWS F&D

6 pot system but I'll only use 4-5 pots in a 1.2m tent

I've been mulling it over for a long time and thinking about the practicalities, so I won't be going in blind, but if you've used a similar system I'd like to know what you thought/think of it.

Did you have to do anything different, like put clamps on the tubes or something else I might need to consider?

And how big & heavy are the plants?

Cheers

As heavy as the ones you growing now maybe :P

• Sprink likes this

#3 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:32 PM

Haha yeah I get that, they aint small :)

But I would expect a bit more eh? It's mostly for convenience really, but the extra shiz might add an ounce or 2 I reckon

Mebe not, but would be nice :)

• 2scoops likes this

#4 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:40 PM

Haha yeah I get that, they aint small :)

But I would expect a bit more eh? It's mostly for convenience really, but the extra shiz might add an ounce or 2 I reckon

Mebe not, but would be nice :)

Never used the system buts it`s one i`ve looked at more than once and if i did buy a system i`d quite possibly go for this one, you can have it reciculating or run to waste too i think ?  :)

As for yield fook knows but probably lol, but i`m not sure tbh :rolleyes: . What were you thinking using coco or maybe a mix of coco with clayballs so you can flood it lots ?  :)

• Sprink likes this

#5 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:44 PM

Yeah mate probably a 60/40 flooded maybe 5 times a day full flower

Twice just isn't quite enough sometimes, and if they're hungry they can get more nutes in them quicker rather than next day

• Budgie and 2scoops like this

#6 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:43 AM

my mate has one, but its the alien one, a 9 pot affair.

its a nice system and a piece of cake to use.

Like a bij syphon , when it drains it pulls lots of lovely oxyjen into the root zone.

He replaced the pots for the larjer ones and it makes a huje difference.so if you are buyin, buy the bij pots.

The roots look like shit in the wee pots he was usin in the first jrow,, but the plants looked fine and didnt show any defs.

roots look a lot better with the bij pots.

Also the alien has an electronic float switch where as the IWS has a mechanical one, and its said the electronic one on the alien is better/ more reliable/ less likely to flood your house.

He just finished a crop and had 1400 jrams from a 1.5 tent runnin 2*600watters, and he is only on his 3rd or 4th adventure.

he does a flood 3 times a day in vej, 4 in the transition from flip to full flower, then 5 or 6 in flower..

Bij buckets is most important.. Oh and Ionic nutes are easy to use and produce the buds., Do not ever use and orjanic stuff in them, as these systems dont like it, and will produce slime and other nasty shit, which is not nice for the plants.

best of luck with it

Hi m8

Cheers for that, it confirms some things I was thinking

I'm not sure why anyone would go for the smaller pots unless maybe growing wee plants

I was looking at the Alien one, but it's not as versatile as it seems to be 2 rigid lines of 3, which is too much for my 1.2 m tent

I might even spread the system out over 2 tents, a 1.2 and a 1.0

If I could get half that 1400g I'd wet myself. lol

The way I do things now is great if I only had 1 grow, but with 3 of them it dilutes the service they get so my yields have been going down, sounds like this thing could really help

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.