16 replies to this topic

#1 WalterEgo420

WalterEgo420

Has dirty fingernails

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 03:46 PM

I've finally decided to take the plunge and go from Mud to Coco from my next plant on.  By the end of the week I should have 50L Coco, Vitalink Coir Max for Hard Water nutes [Saaf Lundon worta, it's well 'ard ain it], PH pen and PH Down [I'm guessing Down, i'll get Up if necessary].

I've got Epsom Salts, PK13/14, Superthrive and Root Stim which are all the 'additives' I've used in the past and I don't *believe* I need anything else but I'll take any tips or suggestions if there are any going :)

Cheers

Alterego420

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 5 others like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:18 PM

I've finally decided to take the plunge and go from Mud to Coco from my next plant on.  By the end of the week I should have 50L Coco, Vitalink Coir Max for Hard Water nutes [Saaf Lundon worta, it's well 'ard ain it], PH pen and PH Down [I'm guessing Down, i'll get Up if necessary].

I've got Epsom Salts, PK13/14, Superthrive and Root Stim which are all the 'additives' I've used in the past and I don't *believe* I need anything else but I'll take any tips or suggestions if there are any going :)

Cheers

Alterego420

hi alter and welcome to the wonderful world of coconutters!we loves our coco and even have a thread devoted to it the link you will find in my sig you might find it worth reading through and theres also a good few posts from others who have made the move to coco and a tutorial type bit,if you still have questions then post in the nutters thread and you will soon get help,good choice and you will like it once you get used to it,peace

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 4 others like this

#3 WalterEgo420

WalterEgo420

Has dirty fingernails

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:22 PM

Thanks Duke.  I'll head over to the coconutters thread a bit later and have a read.  See you there :)

Oh, I believe it's traditional to exclaim "mon the coco" at around this point :)

Edited by alterego420, 25 July 2016 - 04:23 PM.

• Mrs Willy, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 4 others like this

#4 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:23 PM

Mon the coco
  • Dekay, 2scoops, duke and 3 others like this

#5 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,602 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:43 PM

You know it makes sense @alterego420 :D

• Dekay, duke, Zipp and 2 others like this

#6 Red eye knight

Red eye knight

Herbalist

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:10 PM

You won't look back m8...as a recent convert myself...I would swear the stuff is magical!

When you get your coco check for fungus gnat larve...put some coco in a tray and slowly pour till it is completely covered...you will see any of the little bleeders on the surface.

I personally flush new coco with boiling water...but it's up to you what action you take!

Hope you don't find any and good luck with your grow!

:)

#7 Dave the Shrew

Dave the Shrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:35 PM

Every time I read another thread about some one switching to coco makes me want to try it even more.
Good luck dude
Enough coco nutters on here if you get stuck
The Shrew

#8 Zipp

Zipp

Coco Automatic Mod'ness

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:38 PM

good luck with your new coco adventure lol you'll love it gives you total control :D :D

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 4 others like this

#9 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:08 PM

:clap:

• Dekay, 2scoops, duke and 3 others like this

#10 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:58 PM

Am i the only muck campaigner here?

Coco = bigger yields ok..

But grown in natural habitat, organisms, microturd, all that jazz, au naturale is better imho. Just much more interesting, better flavour.  Its how they evolved.

Mud mud, glorious Mud, nothing quite like it for growing fine Bud.

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 8 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.