259 replies to this topic

#21 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:39 AM

the gap at the front in the middle is there so i can get in, over and under lol and was gonna put a crocketts tangle under there but its sat on the brain,

@CocoMonkey the system is an RTA (run to anywhere, recirculate or run to waste) system form progrow, gwell do the same sort of thing called a rhizosystem, same shite just looks different ! gwell one comes with bigger hose to run off to brain bucket, so you can T the saucers together mine uses 19mm to feed 13mmpipe to run off, no chance of spilling out the saucer cos i don't run the pump long enough, and because the screen is made from string ! yes string ! i can pull a hole in it get my leg thru it and tuck the back plants ! see everything has a purpose ! 

the brain/controller is the same as the iws brain except the float switch is 3" up from the bottom of the bucket instead of being up the top of the bucket 

this set up takes all the ball ache away from feeding and getting rid of run off !

• The Dude Abides, CocoMonkey, duke and 1 other like this

#22 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,602 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:56 AM

It`s a great system you have built Roy, i like it mate, how much did that cost ya to sort ?

Scrog is looking good too. :)

• CocoMonkey, duke, denots and 2 others like this

#23 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:15 AM

it is a nice space and set up for sure

• duke, denots and Roy Cropper like this

#24 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:17 AM

Looking fantastic m8 ;) just been going through your Amsterdam post, I'm there next week :)
  • duke, denots, Forest and 1 other like this

#25 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:57 AM

I'm going to jump in here while there's still space :D

All looking very sweet indeed, both plants & setup. Should be quite a display inside of a month or so, I wish you luck :)

#26 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:35 PM

@jimmi2scoops the brain unit is around £60-70 has 6 inlets and the waste outlet the saucers were around a fiver each then hose to connect it all together so I'd say around £150 give or take a tenner, if you don't need 6 pots to it then just connect some of the inlets to each other, tis a simple float switch on a MJ1000 pump, you could make the same thing in a 10L bucket tbh it's just grommits n glands, in fact I'm gonna have a go a making a smaller one,

Just had a gander at gwell and theirs is £150 brain saucers and pipe, no irrigation system, has bigger run off pipe than mine too, mine is 13mm from saucer to brain their one is 19mm, remember tho the brain unit has to level or lower than the saucers, I have my saucers 2 inch higher than the brain so gravity plays its part in sending it to the brain, as long as it's all level flat it's good to go, I'm just para like that !
  • 2scoops, duke, denots and 1 other like this

#27 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:38 PM

@olmec I've been twice since that post m8 !, 1e hulp (tram 14 towards the melkweg, way faster than walking) grey area and prix d'ami are a must !
  • 2scoops, duke, denots and 2 others like this

#28 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:48 PM

@olmec I've been twice since that post m8 !, 1e hulp (tram 14 towards the melkweg, way faster than walking) grey area and prix d'ami are a must !

1e Hulp is first on list m8, never been as far as I can remember
  • duke, denots and Roy Cropper like this

#29 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,602 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:47 PM

@jimmi2scoops the brain unit is around £60-70 has 6 inlets and the waste outlet the saucers were around a fiver each then hose to connect it all together so I'd say around £150 give or take a tenner, if you don't need 6 pots to it then just connect some of the inlets to each other, tis a simple float switch on a MJ1000 pump, you could make the same thing in a 10L bucket tbh it's just grommits n glands, in fact I'm gonna have a go a making a smaller one,

Just had a gander at gwell and theirs is £150 brain saucers and pipe, no irrigation system, has bigger run off pipe than mine too, mine is 13mm from saucer to brain their one is 19mm, remember tho the brain unit has to level or lower than the saucers, I have my saucers 2 inch higher than the brain so gravity plays its part in sending it to the brain, as long as it's all level flat it's good to go, I'm just para like that !

So baiscally run off goes back to the brain and instead if recirculating it, you just pump it out as and when needs be ? I like that, pity you can`t just pump the waste straight down shit house or a waste pipe of some sort though. :)

#30 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:45 PM

@jimmi2scoops i do m8 cos I'm lucky enough to have a shit pipe reet close t'groom lad !

the run off can either go to waste like i do or recirculate it back to a rez that you can keep an eye on ! that way is too much faffing for me, might aswell go full hydro if that was the case ! the waste pipe from the brain goes straight into drain, i have put a non return valve in-between bucket and drain so if i ever wanna measure run off i can and i don't have to smell shite from the shit pipe it goes into ! 

my barrel/rez is outside the groom and has the usual suspects hanging to it lol inline filter, anti syphon valve

they are the business if I'm honest, been rocking it for a couple of years now and reckon I've found my feet with it, just get a bit para with the multiple feeds, but I'm fully over that now, little n often ! 

i went in last night and they were thru 2-3 inches already ! pulled a few back under so i did ! gonna get a second screen of sorts for support i reckon ! 

as for the 2nd light.....its going on when i decide to let em go ad stop screening ! oouusshh ! 

• 2scoops, duke and denots like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scrog

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.