82 replies to this topic

#1 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 09:16 PM

shouting out to all you master scroggers, i need some pointers on getting bellow screen sorted its a right twisted knot under there and then the top of the screen neat and tidy ready for flowering.

its a 1 meter x 1 meter

there is one plant under ther id guess its about 20l bucket coco run to waste

E.C. 1.2

ph 5.8-6.1

RH: 50 bit low but its being awkward

so ive been taking the bottom off slowly im about half way through clearing that but as you can see it needs more.

whats ya thoughts on talking off some of the larger fans leafs off above the screen am i right in thinking this is ok if your scrogging??

here are some pics have a look and get some advice fired my way please

@Lab Rat here are the pics

• Dekay, Lab Rat, smokin soul and 9 others like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 09:33 PM

hi bud it just needs the under net unlit bits chopped they would die and mould anyway see to dark for productive growth the top fan leaves do most of the work and i only remove them if needed to keep the air flowing otherwise hang on to them,depending on how stretchy the strain i find 2 weeks after flip i do one last tuck under/scropping session this usually serves me well but if there more sat dom i have had to tuck/tie/bend all the way through till the chop,never again!but yours looks 100x better than my current abortion i can hardly bare to look at the scruffy bastards!good luck mate,peace

• Dekay, denots, olmec and 3 others like this

#3 wah wah

wah wah

I don,t like fish..

• Banned
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 09:34 PM

How far it into 12/12 ??...all that underscreen crap gotto go....you gotta be brutal bud...won,t say no more till i know how far you into 12/12...

• duke, denots, olmec and 1 other like this

#4 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 09:36 PM

How far it into 12/12 ??...all that underscreen crap gotto go....you gotta be brutal bud...won,t say no more till i know how far you into 12/12...

still vegging m8 :)

• Dekay, duke, denots and 1 other like this

#5 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 09:41 PM

hi bud it just needs the under net unlit bits chopped they would die and mould anyway see to dark for productive growth the top fan leaves do most of the work and i only remove them if needed to keep the air flowing otherwise hang on to them,depending on how stretchy the strain i find 2 weeks after flip i do one last tuck under/scropping session this usually serves me well but if there more sat dom i have had to tuck/tie/bend all the way through till the chop,never again!but yours looks 100x better than my current abortion i can hardly bare to look at the scruffy bastards!good luck mate,peace

cheers duke im slowly getting rid of all the crap, but im doing it a bit slower than most cos im still trying to suss out the placement of the branches/tips and seeing if any straglers are going to hit the screen

• duke and denots like this

#6 wah wah

wah wah

I don,t like fish..

• Banned
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 09:47 PM

Ok..happy days....you still in veg.....when you flip it...you got about 2 -3 weeks..to sort that shit out..everything needs to go beneath screen.there no light getting there....take it easy though..remove around a third.....give em 5-6 days to recover..then remove another third...same again...we be laughing about this now.....

• Dekay, CocoMonkey, Lab Rat and 5 others like this

#7 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 10:31 PM

Ok..happy days....you still in veg.....when you flip it...you got about 2 -3 weeks..to sort that shit out..everything needs to go beneath screen.there no light getting there....take it easy though..remove around a third.....give em 5-6 days to recover..then remove another third...same again...we be laughing about this now.....

i was hoping to flip in a week and half or there abouts should have filled the screen a bit more by then

• denots likes this

#8 Lab Rat

Lab Rat

Silent runningz

• Respected User
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:38 PM

how old is the plant Olmec?

Dont worry about lolly cropping yet, just concentrate on the top canopy & creating new sites, but not easy to cover all that space with one plant anyways & yours is looking pretty decent mate so wouldn't worry too much. Like you say another week ide flip it & dont worry about covering too much coz once its in the stretch you might find it will be a major jungle & end up having to thin loads out ;-)

• Dekay, duke, denots and 1 other like this

#9 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 11:52 AM

So do u all think I should give 3-5 days rest and let her grow up a bit try an get some vegetation at screen level and above?
  • duke and denots like this

#10 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 01:14 PM

Scrog i did mate i had 6 to 10 in biggi buds but i wish i had removed fan leaves during bloom above and below the screen cus at net level their was shit loadsa fluffy wanky stuff and i know if i had taken some fans of throughout bloom it would have been  a stonking scrog,. i guess thats strain dependent though whether the plants a leafy sort or not.

My thoughts on removing fan leaves in veg is well plant will just replace it up top by moving energy up till around 3 to 4 weeks into bloom, those little diddi fuckers just seem to grow bigger again up top if you ask me, might be wrong on that though, but tis just my observations from donks of lollipopping at different times during plants life cycle. :)

• Dekay, duke, denots and 4 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: farty bits, farty, strawberry banana, scrog, coco

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.