82 replies to this topic

#11 CocoMonkey

CocoMonkey

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:10 PM

Im not scrogger but I read from a few peeps they keep tucking the first two weeks of flower depending on the strain, maybe 3 weeks on a sat dom, so plenty of time for stuff that hasn't grown up the screen yet to get going and anything that doesn't make it up to the screen by then can get removed.
  • Dekay, duke, denots and 2 others like this

#12 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:36 PM

Cheers fella, so far so good then I think lol fingers crossed for the coming week
  • Dekay, CocoMonkey, duke and 2 others like this

#13 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:53 PM

I can't tell you if this is 100% accurate olmec, but I have heard you want the screen about 70% full when you flip an indica dominant plant & about 30% full with a sativa ;)

However that may be when said people used an HPS.. The tucking then ensued until the screen was full, as others have pointed out for about two weeks (indica), three weeks (sativa).

You're using a metal halide, obviously you also have a sodium tube & at some stage you'll swap them over :) Seeing as you can do that you should be able to control things much easier!

If things don't seem to be full enough when you're a a week in 12/12 then change to the HPS to get the thing to stretch & grow faster to fill the remaining spaces :)

Looking good by the way... As wah said I'd strip the underside in segments of time & not all at once to keep stress to a minimum ;)

• Dekay, duke, denots and 3 others like this

#14 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:23 PM

I can't tell you if this is 100% accurate olmec, but I have heard you want the screen about 70% full when you flip an indica dominant plant & about 30% full with a sativa ;)

However that may be when said people used an HPS.. The tucking then ensued until the screen was full, as others have pointed out for about two weeks (indica), three weeks (sativa).

You're using a metal halide, obviously you also have a sodium tube & at some stage you'll swap them over :) Seeing as you can do that you should be able to control things much easier!

If things don't seem to be full enough when you're a a week in 12/12 then change to the HPS to get the thing to stretch & grow faster to fill the remaining spaces :)

Looking good by the way... As wah said I'd strip the underside in segments of time & not all at once to keep stress to a minimum ;)

She is sativa Dom but still finishes fast. Yea metal halide 600w as u can see in an air hood set up as rhino>rvk 6">duct>hud>duct>out

The high pressure sodium will go in week one of true flower at 660w

Got growth about 1"-2" through the screen 2nite I just left it be 2nite ;)
  • Dekay, duke, denots and 1 other like this

#15 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:19 AM

If everything looks good later today il flip them 2nite :)
  • Dekay and denots like this

#16 Mick

Mick

Ass Thumb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:50 AM

Hey @olmec nice scrog mate. How do you want your scrog? That is the question init lol. I don't know how much that strain stretches but if you flip now you would have more of a field if you get me. If you flip in a week or two you would have more of a forest.

Both ways a good tbh it just depends on grower. Atb fella :-)
  • Dekay, denots, olmec and 1 other like this

#17 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:59 AM

It's a medium stretcher I'd say although one player on here they did it and there's almost tripled. She like to play at being sativa dominate but I've grown this cut many times now so should be able to keep her in check
  • Dekay, denots and Mick like this

#18 Mick

Mick

Ass Thumb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:08 AM

It's really hard to judge when your not the grower lol. If you have run her a few times you no best mate :-)

I did a skunk haze scrog a while back. That liked to stretch. Used to flip at around 80% filled screen and she came above the screen about a foot. If I flipped her at 60 she would be lower on the screen. All depends on light space and that. My scrogs were hydro btw. Atb :-)
  • Dekay, denots and Roy Cropper like this

#19 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:48 AM

jest keep poking the leeders back through the screen untill its filled........then flipp the fuka i aint  ever scrogged though :lol:

• Dekay, denots and Mick like this

#20 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:01 PM

jest keep poking the leeders back through the screen untill its filled........then flipp the fuka i aint ever scrogged though :lol:

That's the easy bit clart its underneath the screen that needs a lot of butchering and I'm a pacifist see
  • duke, denots and Slippery like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: farty bits, farty, strawberry banana, scrog, coco

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.