2 replies to this topic

#1 RealMed

RealMed

Pollen Sprinkler

• Breeder
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:38 PM

Found this the other night and thought it had some good info in it about Otto #1 and #2
https://oldschoolba....ain-review-otto

First Grown By: Otto #1 was first bred by a collective effort of Centennial Seeds and Full Spectrum Labs, based out of Colorado. It has been gender stabilized and improved into Otto #2, which has even higher CBD amounts than the original.

Genetics: The genetics on Otto vary depending on who you talk to, some sources speculate that it is a cross of two landraces, a Thai and an Afghani. The most widely cited genetics are a cross of Nepali Hash Plant with FSL 1-3.
Otto is said to have about a 60-70 day flowering time, with some plants displaying purple phenotypes and others not. There appeared to be some correlation between the plants being purple and having higher amount of CBD but it was no exact and indicated a need for further back/forward crosses to create stability in the stain. Otto is a great plant to grow outdoors and can get up to fourteen feet tall.
Cannabinoid/Terpene Profile: Otto is a strain known to be very rich in cannabidiol (CBD), with some batches having a roughly 10:1 ratio of CBD:THC. Otto tends to express one of three main phenotypes, each with a different ratio of CBD to THC, with some being as high as a 27:1 CBD:THC ratio. Other ratios were much closer to being 2:1 CBD:THC. As stated in an earlier post on this blog, when growing CBD-rich strains from seed roughly 25% of the plants will have a THC-rich phenotype; Otto is no exception to this rule. If you are growing from seed and want only CBD-rich plants you will need to get lab testing done on your plants before you spend time growing them out.

History and Background: Otto was one of the first six CBD-rich strains identified by Harborside Health Center, Steephill Labs, and Project CBD during their first round of lab testing back in 2008. The partnership between Project CBD, Steephill, and Harborside led to many of the advances we have seen in lab testing accuracy and to the rediscovery of CBD. In their early testing, a strain was not viewed as being a CBD-rich strain unless it had over 4% CBD; that is still a commonly used definition for when a product can be deemed CBD-rich.

Since Otto can have such a wide range of CBD:THC ratios, presumably with varying terpene profiles to match, this is a strain which could be very beneficial for a wide variety of conditions. Otto #2 can have ratios even higher than the original, potentially up to 40:1 CBD:THC, which is beyond the CBD potency of anything else available, even Charlotte's Web. This makes Otto an ideal strain for sufferers of epilepsy, if they are using the correct CBD-rich phenotype. On the flipside, if someone is looking for a THC-rich strain that still has a nice kick of CBD to dull the psychoactive effects of THC, then a THC-rich Otto phenotype is great for you. Otto also can have a balanced profile, the same 1:1 ratio we saw with Harlequin, which is excellent for dealing with all sorts of pain. This 1:1 ratio is the best for pain because both THC and CBD work to reduce pain by using different mechanisms in your body, this balanced ratio best takes advantage of the benefits of both while minimizing the drawbacks. Many other conditions, like anxiety, depression, PTSD, and many more, can benefit from this balanced ratio.
  • Mrs Willy, weedtroll, duke and 2 others like this

#2 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:10 PM

tidy bach ^^^^ i tried them cbd`ers ......tbh they done nothing for me at all not those tho ^^^^ other ones i piped fuk out of it to no avail there wernt a fucking buzz offa it,anyway i like the rush of thc see up is where its @ for me,i like to hold on after a bowl :D   horses for courses i expect ;)

#3 RealMed

RealMed

Pollen Sprinkler

• Breeder
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:21 PM

tidy bach ^^^^ i tried them cbd`ers ......tbh they done nothing for me at all not those tho ^^^^ other ones i piped fuk out of it to no avail there wernt a fucking buzz offa it,anyway i like the rush of thc see up is where its @ for me,i like to hold on after a bowl :D   horses for courses i expect ;)

Yeah CBD isn't for everyone just like THC isn't for everyone. It's about finding the strain/s that work for you. CBD works for me, and with out the couch lock, but also helps me sleep.
  • Mrs Willy, duke and captain beefheart like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.