32 replies to this topic

#1 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:05 PM

This works for me with my chalky water supply, without any other additives :)

There isn't really any DIY involved ;)

It's dead simple - Just use up to two grams of these Chempak compound fertilisers per five litres of water (that's 0.4 grams of fertiliser per litre of water) and adjust the pH to suit.

post-7-0-77696200-1471985957.jpg   post-7-0-36867400-1471985961.jpg   post-7-0-19412100-1471985966.jpg

They each cost around £7 to £10 per box (for 800 grams) and if diluted as above one box will make 2,000 litres of solution, or more if used in smaller amounts.

I never go above 0.3 g/l (3 ml/litre), because that seems to suit my plants.

I use all three versions -
  • #2, High Nitrogen (25-15-15), during the growth phase
  • #4, High Potash (15-15-30), during flowering
  • #8, Low Nitrogen (12.5-25-25), during the final two weeks or so
[Added note: when diluted as above the final amounts are 1/4 of these, so they work out as 6.25-3.75-3.75, 3.75-3.75-7.5, and 3.25-6.25-6.25]

They all contain the following:
  • Boron (B ): 0.020%
  • Copper (Cu): 0.010
  • Iron (Fe): 0.200%
  • Manganese (Mn): 0.020%
  • Molybdenum (Mo): 0.002%
  • Zinc (Zn): 0.050%
  • Magnesium (Mg): Unspecified but mentioned ('also contains')
I did buy a pack of the same brand of Trace Elements, but there's nothing in that which isn't also in these so I haven't used it.

As an alternative, there's Phostrogen (14-10-27 [3.5-2.5-6.75 after dilution]) which can be used all the way through the grow and at a slightly greater concentration of up to 0.5 grams/litre (or 5ml/litre if diluted to a 100g/litre concentrate first).

post-7-0-08836600-1471985971.jpg

It contains:
  • Copper (Cu): 0.010%
  • Iron (Fe): 0.04%
  • Magnesium Oxide (MgO): 2.5% (Mg 1.5%)
  • Manganese (Mn):0.02%
  • Molybdenum (Mo): 0.0016%
  • Sulphur Trioxide (SO3): 7.5% (S 3%)
  • Zinc (Zn): 0.0055%
These products have all worked for me but, as usual, your mileage may vary depending your specific conditions and circumstances (but isn't that the same as with pre-packed stuff anyway?)

Good luck!

ETA: There's also a 'Balanced' version of the Chempak (#3) which would probably work as an all-in-one, but I don't know its N-P-K ratios.

Attached Files

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, CocoMonkey and 10 others like this

#2 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:42 AM

nice post missy if my grow wasnt so small (dont use much nutes) i would defo get in on. these nutes

• duke and WalterEgo420 like this

#3 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,585 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:40 PM

Yes ive been chatting with MDS not long ago about all this lot and he gave a link to this shop here and i did like the look of their elixir dry salt ferts 1, 2, 3 & 4 with added trace ellements, i then had it down to just making some cal/mag for my softwater which i think they sell too in dry form and maybe adding some more trace ellements, but reading again it says they have more than enough of those in and extra.  But its all good stuff and i really like reading about it all, well until i overlkoad on it, which int too long, but cheers for that Missy. :)

• duke, Forest, WalterEgo420 and 1 other like this

#4 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:56 PM

so jim when are u going to have a go ? this is a much simpler  way than trying to mix the individual  nutes

• duke and WalterEgo420 like this

#5 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,585 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:45 PM

Probably never @Forest mate but then again maybe i will :) , i think i do have a recipe somewhere for canna coco AnB as well as a few other mixes.

• WalterEgo420 and Dex like this

#6 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:40 PM

ive always wanted to do  diy my  caan i have a butchers at the recipes you have if you dont mind m8 ? 

• 2scoops and WalterEgo420 like this

#7 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:33 PM

nice post missy if my grow wasnt so small (dont use much nutes) i would defo get in on. these nutes

Cost wasn't my main driver (although it's a nice bonus!) — I just don't want to use 'grow shops' :)

Yes ive been chatting with MDS not long ago about all this lot and he gave a link to this shop here and i did like the look of their elixir dry salt ferts 1, 2, 3 & 4 with added trace ellements, i then had it down to just making some cal/mag for my softwater which i think they sell too in dry form and maybe adding some more trace ellements, but reading again it says they have more than enough of those in and extra.  But its all good stuff and i really like reading about it all, well until i overlkoad on it, which int too long, but cheers for that Missy. :)

I've not seen or tried those, but they'd probably work :)

Probably never @Forest mate but then again maybe i will :) , i think i do have a recipe somewhere for canna coco AnB as well as a few other mixes.

Why not take a £6.99 punt on a box of the Chempak #2 from this chap on ebay (or elsewhere, such as a garden centre) and see how you get on?

Maybe make up a litre of concentrate and then use it in a similar fashion to the way you use A&B now (up to 4 mL/litre?), starting low as usual, and watch what happens.

I would guess that if you're using supplements at the moment then you may want or need to continue with them, or at least for now anyway.

At worst, if there are any problems (which I doubt there will be) then a quick flush and a dose of the proprietary stuff should sort it out.

But at best, you'll have the equivalent of eight bottles of Canna for £6.99 :)

As things progress and assuming that nothing bad happens and that you are satisfied with the way things are going, you could get the #4 version come flowering time, and possibly the #8 at some stage.
  • 2scoops, Forest, WalterEgo420 and 1 other like this

#8 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:46 AM

as soon as my new a and b are done ill give them a go missy the cost saving is considerable and like you say no shops is a bonus 

• duke, WalterEgo420 and Dex like this

#9 CocoMonkey

CocoMonkey

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:47 AM

Nice post missy, im down to my last litre of canna a and b and wanna try something different without shelling out a fortune. I used the phostrogen before in soil and its very potent stuff, do you get good results in coco then? I'll take a look at that chempak stuff too cheers, you got any photos of your grow miss?
  • WalterEgo420 and Dex like this

#10 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:07 AM

Thanks for the share missy and jimmi it's really helpful the npk ratios :D

Because I'm gonna do one or two plants in coco along side my soil as a trial and I can make anb now lmao woop woop.

I love this place for you geniuses

Can you buy amino stuff and fulvic and humic thingy ?

The npk of veg and bloom that I get is by field Marshall it has same npk but they have humic and fulvic and was wondering if yall have any ideas on adding that to the bloom and veg using powders. ..

Not sure if I made sense there lol ill come back and edit once my head stops spinning lmao
  • WalterEgo420 likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.