326 replies to this topic

#1 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:08 AM

Hi folks and welcome to another long haul outdoor grow down under. Make yourselves at home and I look forward to hearing from you :)

I have cracked 8 Bianca seeds (hybrid of White Widow, White Queen and Afghani #1) original seeds came from Amsterdam in 2012 but these beans are what I bred from the originals and are from the bushy Bianca 2013 grow (voted number #4 in potm at the time).

Germinated using the paper towel method on top of ye old hot water tank and 8/10 cracked and planted direct into their forever pots (2 seeds per pot) outside in my courtyard.

It is early Spring here in Canberra (Australia's national capital) and it gets quite cold here being about 2 hours from the snowy mountains but I have been lucky because today, 4 out of the 8 beans have poked their heads through the soil to say hello to the world.

These seeds are not feminised so no doubt there will be some culling to be done later on although I will be breeding more seeds to keep up a fresh supply.

Soil is a delicious combination of normal tomato/vege/herb soil mix and premium potting mix, with a splodge of charcoal, a pinch of epsom salts and a dash of potash with some yummy cow manure all mixed together.

On with the pics!

the seeds are in the 4 pots without plants in them (2 seeds per pot) - other plants are lavender, daphne, tomatos, rosemary and lemon thyme - another tomato plant in the small greenhouse behind them and some aloe vera babies and other things

Group shot - the one pot with a bit of mulch in it was when I realised my mistake after loading it up with mulch and then realising oh bloody hell how is the poor seed going to make it's way up through all that sugarcane! hahaha so of course took it off but it left some residue in the pot :)

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 29 others like this

#2 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:19 AM

Interestingly, although there are 2 seeds in each of the 4 pots, 1 seed in each pot sprouted - here's hoping we see the rest of them pop up

Seed sprout 1 (in pot closest to greenhouse) - see the seed cracked on top of her head hehe

Seed sprout 2 (in next pot along)

Seed sprout 3 in the pot with the mulch leftovers in it

Seed sprout 4 in the pot closest to the wall

Tomato plant, some flower succulents, parsley and aloe vera in the greenhouse

tomato, chilli, aloe vera and mint

Well thanks for looking folks :)

• Budgie, Mr Pothead, Dekay and 31 others like this

#3 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:31 AM

nice start petal i shall follow along biancas sound a jolly nice combo and anything with afghan1 has to be a winner imo i hope weather is kind and the shrubbage large,peace

• The Dude Abides, CocoMonkey, smokin soul and 8 others like this

#4 Mick

Mick

Ass Thumb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:56 AM

Looking good @Petal :-) Strain sounds lovely. I will be popping in from time to time to Ave a nose. Atb

Edited by StickyMicky, 08 September 2016 - 08:56 AM.

• The Dude Abides, smokin soul, denots and 4 others like this

#5 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:22 AM

nice start petal i shall follow along biancas sound a jolly nice combo and anything with afghan1 has to be a winner imo i hope weather is kind and the shrubbage large,peace

Hi Duke, I'm so glad you will be following the grow. Great to have you on board hun. I meant to ask you how Tina was and how your dogs are? Hope all is going well for you all. Thanks for the well wishes for the grow. Cheers hun :)

Looking good @Petal :-) Strain sounds lovely. I will be popping in from time to time to Ave a nose. Atb

Hi Micky, great to see you here and thanks for your interest in the grow. Will look forward to seeing you here having a sticky lol... Cheers! :)

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, smokin soul and 4 others like this

#6 smokin soul

smokin soul

droplets of yes and no in an ocean of maybe

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:56 AM

good to see your back at it petal, looks like your well set up for the coming months, i like the trolleys the pots are on, that should save your back a bit :) good luck with this one, i shall follow with interest :)

• The Dude Abides, denots, dal and 5 others like this

#7 CocoMonkey

CocoMonkey

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:39 AM

Hopefully the weather better this time round hun, sure it was winter last time you did them funny cos I never knew you get winter in aus.
  • The Dude Abides, smokin soul, denots and 4 others like this

#8 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:16 AM

good to see your back at it petal, looks like your well set up for the coming months, i like the trolleys the pots are on, that should save your back a bit :) good luck with this one, i shall follow with interest :)

Hey Smokin, great to see you here and thanks for your thoughts. I'm fairly well set up but I need to get something to hide the grow from the neighbours later on as I have upstairs apartment block and neighbours looking with interest at my goings on in the courtyard...sigh. Looking at getting something like what Denot's got - a polytunnel but I think for my small space I will need to look at a lean to number that can go against the wall where they are currently located.

Yeah the trolleys are handy to move them about later on and my back can do with some care lol :) Thanks for the luck Smokin, I'm going to need it and great to have you on board :)

Hopefully the weather better this time round hun, sure it was winter last time you did them funny cos I never knew you get winter in aus.

Hey CocoMonkey, Yeah I think you are right about one grow I started in the winter and nursed the buggers for ages it seemed until the weather warmed up. Silly me hehehe

Australia is not all sun and beaches lol particularly near where I live as we experience the full 4 seasons. It gets very cold and has occasionally snowed here and lots of frost during winter with scorching dry summers but blindingly beautiful spring and autumn although windy in spring. But there are many areas north of me that seem to get summer all year round, particularly in Queensland and northern NSW. Thanks for popping in and for your good wishes hun :)

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 10 others like this

#9 denots

denots

oil me up before you go go

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 01:01 PM

That's what I like to see, straight in there Petal, and with your home grown seeds as well, good girl  :D . Looking forward to this grow, ain't seen you grow in ages. Good luck with this.

Subbed up my lovely ;)

• The Dude Abides, smokin soul, dal and 4 others like this

#10 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:18 PM

Great stuff Petal, here's hoping the offspring of Bushy Bianca go as well as their mum.

Your other plants are looking good as well, hope the weather warms up soon for you.

Subbed of course.

All good things

TDA

• smokin soul, denots, dal and 3 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.