21 replies to this topic

#11 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:56 PM

Hillbilly ( @RealMed ) used to wash his outdoor crop to clean it of bugs, bird shit and crap like that, i think it was just a case of dunking it in water a quick swirl and then hanging to dry, i don`t really think its called for with indoor crops unless you been spraying it with summink myself.

Aaah so RealMed is Hillbilly!! dam, I didn't realise when he posted welcome. Now I understand why he was so peed off when they stopped him growing outdoors! Hillbilly was legendary with his outdoor grows.

edit - sorry I got off topic - I've never washed my outdoor grows but usually hose them down all the time anyway so they would be nice and clean mostly :)

Edited by Petal, 15 September 2016 - 04:58 PM.

• RealMed, 2scoops, Solo Quin and 2 others like this

#12 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,602 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 05:19 PM

Same as washing them that is really Petal, give them a blast with the hosepipe before chopping and bingo, nice cleans plants.

• RealMed, Roy Cropper, Petal and 3 others like this

#13 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 05:29 PM

Good thread @Chew I never used a filter for my intake before until I got my loop then I noticed bad loft dust on it...

After that time I always have the wife's tight on the intake and never any dust apart from the oscillations blowing on me pots..

I am thinking of making oil when I manage to get my game on and thinking of washing the buds. .

What cups do you use or what size would ya recommend?

lol being from a nation known for our brews, I have so many different sizes :D

Thanks for the share buddy and hope your well
  • duke, Roy Cropper, Petal and 3 others like this

#14 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:52 PM

Aaah so RealMed is Hillbilly!! dam, I didn't realise when he posted welcome. Now I understand why he was so peed off when they stopped him growing outdoors! Hillbilly was legendary with his outdoor grows.

edit - sorry I got off topic - I've never washed my outdoor grows but usually hose them down all the time anyway so they would be nice and clean mostly :)

i didnt know it was hillbilly either epic grows

• RealMed, The Dude Abides, duke and 3 others like this

#15 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 01:57 PM

What cups do you use or what size would ya recommend?

In the U.S. a cup is a standard measure :)

Customarily it's half a U.S. pint, and legally (such as when used on food packaging) it's 240 ml.
  • The Dude Abides, duke, Forest and 3 others like this

#16 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 02:24 PM

In the U.S. a cup is a standard measure :)

Customarily it's half a U.S. pint, and legally (such as when used on food packaging) it's 240 ml.

Thanks missy, i only got as far as Canada lol
  • Petal and Solo Quin like this

#17 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 02:30 PM

missy is like having a thesaurus/google right there!  quite cool ;) 

• marque08, Petal and Solo Quin like this

#18 RealMed

RealMed

Pollen Sprinkler

• Breeder
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 07:34 PM

Hillbilly ( @RealMed ) used to wash his outdoor crop to clean it of bugs, bird shit and crap like that, i think it was just a case of dunking it in water a quick swirl and then hanging to dry, i don`t really think its called for with indoor crops unless you been spraying it with summink myself.

I did but found after looking at it with a micro cam. that it did knock off some tri-co, and wasn't worth it. 

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 2 others like this

#19 Chew

Chew

BioBomber

• Respected User
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 07:48 PM

I did but found after looking at it with a micro cam. that it did knock off some tri-co, and wasn't worth it. 

It does not wash the trichomes off. lol

• Petal and Solo Quin like this

#20 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 07:50 PM

Great thread Chew, there's a lot of potentially dangerous dust in the air, especially in cities.

My outdoor stuff in Northern France gets plenty of free washing, no point in washing it again, bird shit and the odd bug just supplement the flavour.

All good things

TDA

• 2scoops, marque08, Petal and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.