• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 denots

denots

oil me up before you go go

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 04:09 PM

Nasty woman, fancy putting that up while I'm on a diet, I used to like you as well   ;)  :D  :D .

Looks lovely girl, have you forgot how to put the recipe up, 8oz of this and 6oz of that sort of thing  :P . Because I wouldn't mind making 1 of them me self  :lol: .

• Petal likes this

#12 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 04:20 PM

Nasty woman, fancy putting that up while I'm on a diet, I used to like you as well   ;)  :D  :D .

Looks lovely girl, have you forgot how to put the recipe up, 8oz of this and 6oz of that sort of thing  :P . Because I wouldn't mind making 1 of them me self  :lol: .

hahaha you crack me up Denots :lol: ... I put the link to the basic recipe in the original post - http://www.taste.com.../banoffee pies

The Basic Recipe is below. Changes I made were I squeezed lemon juice on the sliced bananas (stops them going brown and cuts through all the sweetness) and sprinkled nutmeg on them. I also just made one big tart instead of individual ones and topped with strawberries and passionfruit.

Bet you make a rip snorter one  :)

Ingredients

• 1 x 250g pkt granita biscuits (Arnott's brand)
  • 125g butter, melted
  • 2 bananas
  • 1 x 300ml ctn double cream
Caramel filling
  • 1 x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
  • 70g (1/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
  • 50g butter

Method

1. Step 1

Place the biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely crushed. Add the butter and process until well combined. Divide the biscuit mixture among six round 8cm (base measurement) fluted tart tins with removable bases. Use the back of a metal spoon to firmly press the biscuit mixture over the base and side of each tin. Place in the fridge until required.

2. Step 2

To make caramel filling, place condensed milk, sugar and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 10-12 minutes or until caramel thickens (do not boil).

3. Step 3

Pour the hot caramel evenly among biscuit bases. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.

4. Step 4

Peel and thinly slice bananas, and arrange over the caramel filling. Top pies with a dollop of cream and serve immediately.

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, The Dude Abides and 3 others like this

#13 denots

denots

oil me up before you go go

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 04:41 PM

Top girl, I'm having a go at that, and nobody else is getting a bit, I'll have to hide the fucker, because if 1 of my kids (ages between 22 and 40 ) get hold of it I won't see it any more  :D

Just like me jars of weed the greedy bastards  :lol:  :lol: .

• KiefKat and Petal like this

#14 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 04:46 PM

Top girl, I'm having a go at that, and nobody else is getting a bit, I'll have to hide the fucker, because if 1 of my kids (ages between 22 and 40 ) get hold of it I won't see it any more  :D

Just like me jars of weed the greedy bastards  :lol:  :lol: .

hahaha... good on you! :D

• denots likes this

#15 mrsDeeks

mrsDeeks

Mrs Deeks

• Banned
  • 10,342 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:37 PM

If i liked bananas i would love that :)

• Petal likes this

#16 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:44 PM

If i liked bananas i would love that :)

just leave the bananas out of it Mrs D :)

• mrsDeeks likes this

#17 mrsDeeks

mrsDeeks

Mrs Deeks

• Banned
  • 10,342 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:47 PM

just leave the bananas out of it Mrs D :)

Good idea lol i didnt think of that, will it not be lacking then, would you recommend i replace them?

i will pass the recipe on to my teen she is the baker ;) 

• Petal likes this

#18 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:50 PM

Good idea lol i didnt think of that, will it not be lacking then, would you recommend i replace them?

i will pass the recipe on to my teen she is the baker ;)

No it wont be lacking at all...just becomes a caramel cream pie :) ... but you can adapt the recipe to your own likes as I did..eg I added the fruit on top which isn't in the basic original recipe. On to the daughter then and ask her to get cracking to stave off them up coming munchies :D

• mrsDeeks likes this

#19 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:52 PM

Bloody nora thats a tasty lookin pie you got there petal ;) I could defo go at that like a starving man :D

• mrsDeeks and Petal like this

#20 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:01 PM

Bloody nora thats a tasty lookin pie you got there petal ;) I could defo go at that like a starving man :D

hahaha...good on you WT :)

• weedtroll likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.