20 replies to this topic

#11 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 03:42 PM

omg that looks great ! your hubby is a lucky man   and if you dont have one its prob a good thing cos he would be fat lol

my mouth is watering 

beef and peas are my fav in  a cottage pie!  which is the simular to  a shepherds pie

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, weedtroll and 3 others like this

#12 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 04:17 PM

Looks great Petal and Ignore the poms and their sweetcorn dislike ;) 

That's the way to do a good shep/cot pie with a proper browned top. Nothing worse than mash potato topping not given a bit of colour.

@captain beefheart egg n chips mun? what no beans or bacon, butty?  :D

• Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 4 others like this

#13 CocoMonkey

CocoMonkey

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 04:43 PM

Im gna check out the next available flight, cottage pie for tea and banana pie for dessert
  • Budgie, 2scoops, weedtroll and 2 others like this

#14 CocoMonkey

CocoMonkey

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 04:58 PM

Shepherds I meant lol always get them confused with each other
  • Petal and Paulie like this

#15 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 07:14 PM

Aww ffs Petal,i've only just got over your banana pie,and now this.....yum fookin yum☺☺

hahahaa....aww thanks Paulie... I crack up with your lovely comment :lol:

yuck a vee .....i dont do sweetcorn see.........so its a 7/10 from len :D

next time i'll save a  bit for ewe, without the sweetcorn in the stew :lol:

Looks amazing, not made that in a while. Although it's cottage pie I make.

Thanks Bunny....from reading the comments here I have learnt that this is actually a cottage pie and not a shepherds pie because I made it with beef and not lamb...I just call everything that looks like this a Shepherds Pie hahaha :D

oi petal cmon girl....show us ya egg + chips bach :D

roight i'm on it....watch this space...well in  a week or two when i'm in the mood :D

Looks delicious Petal, I love shepherds pie as well, when made with beef mince it's called cottage pie over here.

All good things

TDA

Aaah I never knew that, thanks Dude. I just call everything that looks like this a Shepherds Pie! hahaha. Thanks for the lovely comment :)

Does look very nice petal.. I would wolf that down no probs.

The darling abides is very right. Shepherds pie is made with lamb mince over here. But the beef version is equally revered and i prefer it.

I am with captain curtains on this one. The sweetcorn in UK is almost frowned upon. Carrots, celery,onions, peas all fair game. But sweetcorn in a shepherds/cottage pie.. is like putting pineapple in liver and onions. But apart from that, it looks stellar.

But i would come round your gaff for tea any day of the week. I would bring my special apron , with mrs williams written on it and help mash those tatties. I love the bit just before its put in oven, when its all prepped and you know it is going to be yummingtons.

PS petal - capts egg and chips is rubbish. The fat is full of brown black flakes. Pretty sure his frying pan doubles as an ash tray. (it could also just be Mrs Beefs washing up skills... :)

Looking again, sweetcorn or not, i want to eat that as much as  kelly brooks bottom.

Aaah Mrs Willimas, it is good to be tutored on the differences between shepherds and cottage pies and who knew sweetcorn is a no no! I hope there is no sweetcorn discrimination in tuna mornays...that would be a travesty! :o

You'd be welcome over anytime and sure i'll put you on the mash...but i am fussy with my mash and no sloppy mash for pie toppings please -   love it when it's going in the oven too hehehe

Would love to see your Mrs Williams apron and here is a glimpse of mine as I relaxed with a glass of reisling when browning off the pie last night ( I knew you would do an apron call).

gallery_228_58_29942.jpg

bwahahaha re capts egg and chips and ashtray and mrs b's washing up ....hahaha you are a naughty Mrs Williams! :lol:

omg that looks great ! your hubby is a lucky man   and if you dont have one its prob a good thing cos he would be fat lol

my mouth is watering 

beef and peas are my fav in  a cottage pie!  which is the simular to  a shepherds pie

awww cheers, thanks Forest :) ...I'm a singleton which best suits my difficult temperament  ;) 

I should have added peas! I forgot ...next time... and I never knew the differences between cottage and shepherds pie but do now...I'll still call it shepherds pie as that's what I've always call it lol

Looks great Petal and Ignore the poms and their sweetcorn dislike ;)

That's the way to do a good shep/cot pie with a proper browned top. Nothing worse than mash potato topping not given a bit of colour.

@captain beefheart egg n chips mun? what no beans or bacon, butty?   :D

Awww thanks WT ....yes I found the poms dislike of the golden goodness of sweetcorn rather strange too...they are sticklers for protocol and what not though so to be expected I suppose ^_^ 

Yep I'm with you, that mash topping needs a good browning and I like it crunchy too! 

Cheers hun :)

Im gna check out the next available flight, cottage pie for tea and banana pie for dessert

I'll pick you up at the airport! better get the nice tablecloth out then eh lol :lol:

Shepherds I meant lol always get them confused with each other

all these pies are shepherds pie to me... much to the chagrine of my fellow gourmets :rolleyes:

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, The Dude Abides and 5 others like this

#16 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 07:27 PM

Does look very nice petal.. I would wolf that down no probs.

The darling abides is very right. Shepherds pie is made with lamb mince over here. But the beef version is equally revered and i prefer it.

I am with captain curtains on this one. The sweetcorn in UK is almost frowned upon. Carrots, celery,onions, peas all fair game. But sweetcorn in a shepherds/cottage pie.. is like putting pineapple in liver and onions. But apart from that, it looks stellar.

But i would come round your gaff for tea any day of the week. I would bring my special apron , with mrs williams written on it and help mash those tatties. I love the bit just before its put in oven, when its all prepped and you know it is going to be yummingtons.

PS petal - capts egg and chips is rubbish. The fat is full of brown black flakes. Pretty sure his frying pan doubles as an ash tray. (it could also just be Mrs Beefs washing up skills... :)

Looking again, sweetcorn or not, i want to eat that as much as  kelly brooks bottom.

oi swilva the black bits on my egg and chips is charcoal bach.....good for the gutz oi did ewe know that the avarage ABU in oz eats 2 tons of charcoal in his lifetime,,,,,,,might be bits of the 5 times cooked chips to see bach,i do change the lard once a month see :D

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, The Dude Abides and 3 others like this

#17 hazed bunny

hazed bunny

doing bunny stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 15,201 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 10:19 AM

Guess what am making for dinner lol. Put me right in mood for it 😊
  • Mrs Willy, Budgie, The Dude Abides and 4 others like this

#18 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 05:37 AM

Aah that's what I like to hear! good one Bunny...bet it hit the spot too eh :)

• 2scoops likes this

#19 hazed bunny

hazed bunny

doing bunny stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 15,201 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 06:14 AM

Aah that's what I like to hear! good one Bunny...bet it hit the spot too eh :)

it did, he even said was best meal he had had in a while.
  • Budgie, 2scoops and Petal like this

#20 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:38 PM

egg and chips?

• Petal likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.