#1 FatBagZ

FatBagZ

Nugs Not Drugs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:44 AM

Attached File  IMG_6616.JPG   132.72KB   0 downloads

Hello everyone, I'm back for my 2nd organic grow attempt only this time we have 5x GHS Super Lemon Haze & 2x Heavyweight KO Kush.

I was going to experiment with a SCROG but I'm in two minds now. I'm thinking due to the number of plants I'm going to have I will just apply some basic LST/topping to them all. I chucked a couple KO Kush in with the SLH so I have something to smoke as the SLH is finishing up.

I will try and keep to a strict veg time of 30 days but this will be all dependent on how they are looking by day 30.

Plant magic OT range again as I was satisfied with how easy these nutes are to use, especially for a newb like myself. I have added Plant magic root stim and some unsulphured molasses to my inventory for this grow.

I'm wanting to keep this grow fairly simple and will be looking to put into flower ASAP as these Haze strains do take a little longer than the rest. Any advice from the soil pros and anyone who has experience with these two strains would be a great help.

ps. I also bought myself a little propagator for the seedlings. I'm hoping it does the trick nicely. I've attached a pic for everyone that likes pointless pics :)

ATB

FBz

Edited by FatBagZ, 19 September 2016 - 11:44 AM.

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, Dekay and 11 others like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 12:43 PM

hi fatz i shall follow along from a corner with me bong!nice strain choices they sound nice the ko is one i have looked at but not grown yet,good luck

• Budgie, Dekay, weedtroll and 2 others like this

#3 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 01:44 PM

You look like a man with a plan man :joint:

Only advice from me is that when the time comes, pot them up into a really light (nute-wise) soil mix, maybe even stick with seedling and cutting compost so you can keep tabs on the amount of nitrogen that's going in as it's that which will give you problems with the hazey sativa doms.. The kushes can go in a proper compost as they love it a bit rich :)

• Dekay, 2scoops, weedtroll and 2 others like this

#4 FatBagZ

FatBagZ

Nugs Not Drugs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 02:36 PM

Alright fellas, pull up a chair and your bongs, this is going to be a long ride with the SLH.

@Budgie I've got the seedlings in Plagron LightMix. I may buy another bag of this and keep the SLH in this throughout their lifes, will this suffice?

@duke I've heard nothing but good things about the KO Kush, a friend of mine grew this not too long ago, albeit baldy and it still got me wrecked and smelled great so we shall see. I thought it would be nice to be able to chop a couple down and have them curing as the SLH are finishing up. I'm hoping it will make the 11-14weeks flower time less of a killer if Ive got some mad kush to smoke.

ATB

FBz

#5 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 02:39 PM

yeah @FatBagZ, the Plagron Lightmix will serve you and them well :weed:, If they get hungry then you can feed them more nutes as needed and hopefully not have to worry about any leaf curl/canoeing and delayed/prolonged flowering.

• Dekay, weedtroll, duke and 3 others like this

#6 FatBagZ

FatBagZ

Nugs Not Drugs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 04:42 PM

@Budgie awesome nice one. It's decided then. The SLH can live in the Lightmix and the KO Kush can live in the bat shit.

I've just got home from work and can see 3 of the SLHs have popped, so far so good. Propogator must be doing its job then.

I was thinking of grabbing another 250w bulb for veg. I heard dimming down my 600w wouldn't be beneficial? Is that right ?

#7 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 04:48 PM

Its probably right, and I've not used 250s but a 400w MH would serve you better in a 600w dimmable ballast.

One thing though, those propagators are good, but, once the seeds are all up, take the lid off because they can wilt and die pretty quick if it's too humid.

• Dekay, weedtroll, duke and 1 other like this

#8 FatBagZ

FatBagZ

Nugs Not Drugs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 07:36 PM

I'll pick up a 400 then nice one. Thanks for the tip will keep a closer eye on them in the prop.
  • Budgie, Dekay and duke like this

#9 FatBagZ

FatBagZ

Nugs Not Drugs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:03 PM

Picked up a 'Powerplant Super Veg 400w MH' anyone had one of these before? This will be used for veg and the 600w HPS will be used during flower. Are there noticeable differences with vegging under an MH as opposed to the dual spec HPS?

ATB

FBz

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, Dekay and 2 others like this

#10 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:14 PM

Picked up a 'Powerplant Super Veg 400w MH' anyone had one of these before? This will be used for veg and the 600w HPS will be used during flower. Are there noticeable differences with vegging under an MH as opposed to the dual spec HPS?

ATB

FBz

hi fatz i use mh for veg and first 2 weeks of true flower as it gives shorter internodes and better spectrum for veg growth then use the full hps till the chop you will see a marked difference mostly in keeping the plant more compact,im not a fan of dual spec hps full hps is better for flowering.peace

• MDS and FatBagZ like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: haze, kush, super lemon, KO

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.