Photo
- - - - -

Gold label 60/40 hydro/coco

Best Answer Roy Cropper , 21 October 2016 - 08:50 PM

So I found out that the clay pebbles used in this mix are the same as the gold label clay pebbles for straight hydro, and ph'd neutral so that'll be ph 7 ! Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:37 PM

Any one use it ? If so do you have to buffer it ? Like wash it first, as its 60% clay balls and I've heard you have to wash your balls first ! Before use like ! Ph 6 or there abouts ?

Thinking of moving to this from just plain ol coco as I can get it for the same doe, but then I think if somethings not broke don't fix it ?

Heard it don't stay wet as long as plain ol' coir but that makes sense, clay balls n all

Roy
  • duke, Sprink, Paulie and 1 other like this

#2 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:38 PM

i use the pound shop coco roy........its banging stuff @ a  quid.....it will save ewe enough dosh over a  year or 2 so ya moggy 1000  can get some carlos fandango`s fitted....3 years ewe can get coil overs fitted then she be screwed to the ground roy,,,,,,,,oi i see ya bacon sarnys av gone up in the cafe to......cmon now royston ewe milking it bach :D

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 4 others like this

#3 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:58 PM

Any one use it ? If so do you have to buffer it ? Like wash it first, as its 60% clay balls and I've heard you have to wash your balls first ! Before use like ! Ph 6 or there abouts ?

Thinking of moving to this from just plain ol coco as I can get it for the same doe, but then I think if somethings not broke don't fix it ?

Heard it don't stay wet as long as plain ol' coir but that makes sense, clay balls n all

Roy

hi roy i have tried mixing coco and clay balls and it was a right fuck up and ph all over the shop despite prewashing and soaking my balls!dont do it imo it is a silly idea and coco doesnt need messing with as it works well as is and you will find you need masses more water and nutes and drying out happens to quick unless your pots are huge,mon the coco!

• Dekay, Roy Cropper, Sprink and 1 other like this

#4 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 01:45 PM

@ duke I was thinking of turning my run to waste system into a recirculating thingy of sorts as I don't like waste, and I'm throwing a 3rd of the run off feed away every day, so if you work it out I chuck around 12-15 litres away everyday, that's nearly 2 days worth of feed/run off a week "slung down the shitter" (as Jim used to put it !)
If I got that right it's like 20 odd days of grub going down the shitter over 10 weeks !
20 days of 40L water at 2mil per litre of a+b is like a litre n half of base nutes ?
Need to stop this oil malarkey as its got me thinking to hard !
Suppose it's like I said then, if it ain't broke, don't fix it !

@ captain beefheart I hear ya on the poundshop coco, bloody price of it everywhere else is why the buttys have gone up
I had a sconce thru your diary last nite, cheesezilla a gwaanin there bach ! Nice !
  • duke, Sprink, Paulie and 1 other like this

#5 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:04 PM

@ duke I was thinking of turning my run to waste system into a recirculating thingy of sorts as I don't like waste, and I'm throwing a 3rd of the run off feed away every day, so if you work it out I chuck around 12-15 litres away everyday, that's nearly 2 days worth of feed/run off a week "slung down the shitter" (as Jim used to put it !)
If I got that right it's like 20 odd days of grub going down the shitter over 10 weeks !
20 days of 40L water at 2mil per litre of a+b is like a litre n half of base nutes ?
Need to stop this oil malarkey as its got me thinking to hard !
Suppose it's like I said then, if it ain't broke, don't fix it !

@ captain beefheart I hear ya on the poundshop coco, bloody price of it everywhere else is why the buttys have gone up
I had a sconce thru your diary last nite, cheesezilla a gwaanin there bach ! Nice !

hi i not a fan of recirc coco i have tried it but imo its far better for the plants going rtw as you negate detritus build up and constant need for maintaining res settings and temps recirc you may aswell just use water and then have rootrot to contend with,my rtw waste goes out to all the plants in my garden so not wasted,peace

• Dekay, Roy Cropper, Sprink and 1 other like this

#6 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:11 PM

I was thinking of turning my run to waste system into a recirculating thingy of sorts as I don't like waste, and I'm throwing a 3rd of the run off feed away every day

I've been thinking the same as far as recovery goes.

Have you tried flood and drain?

I did it for a few years (not in coco, mind - I used perlite and vermiculite) and am starting to think about having another go - Less work and lower running costs than RTW coco (although the media weren't nice to handle), with better yields.
  • duke, Roy Cropper, Sprink and 1 other like this

#7 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:55 PM

@ Anonymiss the rta/rtw system I use i modded a little so it's not quite flood and drain but that's sort of what I'm looking for/trying to do,
I use blue flood stakes instead of drippers, when they fire up it gives so much pressure it bubbles on top of the pots, I can't quite set this system up to flood and drain as such, I'd need an iws system to go that route

@ duke I hear you about re used nutes and coco

I like a bargain but if it means changing the tekkers then thanks but no thanks !
  • duke, Sprink and Paulie like this

#8 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:16 PM

@ Anonymiss the rta/rtw system I use i modded a little so it's not quite flood and drain but that's sort of what I'm looking for/trying to do,
I use blue flood stakes instead of drippers, when they fire up it gives so much pressure it bubbles on top of the pots, I can't quite set this system up to flood and drain as such, I'd need an iws system to go that route

I made mine out of a plastic storage box, a washing up bowl, a couple of tank connectors, a few feet of garden hose, and a cheap submersible aquarium pump :)
  • Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 3 others like this

#9 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:21 PM

I made mine out of a plastic storage box, a washing up bowl, a couple of tank connectors, a few feet of garden hose, and a cheap submersible aquarium pump :)

I like this way of building a system, very cheap. :)

• duke, Roy Cropper and Sprink like this

#10 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:50 PM   Best Answer

So I found out that the clay pebbles used in this mix are the same as the gold label clay pebbles for straight hydro, and ph'd neutral so that'll be ph 7 !
  • duke and Sprink like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.