Photo
- - - - -

Gold label 60/40 hydro/coco

Best Answer Roy Cropper , 21 October 2016 - 08:50 PM

So I found out that the clay pebbles used in this mix are the same as the gold label clay pebbles for straight hydro, and ph'd neutral so that'll be ph 7 ! Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:23 PM

I'm using that stuff now Roy, only because the shop was out of canna

It's not a patch on canna TBH. Too effing dry and way too many pebbles.

Only good for ammending soil wth really, or perhaps F&D.

• duke and Roy Cropper like this

#12 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:02 PM

stick with pure coco  each diff substrate adds its own ph to the mix  and your far better of with cocos own ph value  and nothing in it

and it will dry out too  quick  ive tried with diff amounts of perlite and its defo better pure

#13 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:24 PM

I don't really comment on growing cause I don't feel I'm qualified... But if you want to run a recirculating system, why wouldn't you do nft??
  • Budgie, duke and Roy Cropper like this

#14 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:30 PM

its a load of balls init!!!!!!!

• marque08 and Roy Cropper like this

#15 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:32 PM

its a load of balls init!!!!!!!

Don't get that @duke ?? I don't use balls. If you mean that as a reason not to go nft?

Edited by marque08, 21 October 2016 - 10:33 PM.

#16 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:52 PM

Don't get that @duke ?? I don't use balls. If you mean that as a reason not to go nft?

thats what it is gold label coco with balls!damn silly idea imo,i hope your well not sen you about for a while?peace

• Forest and Roy Cropper like this

#17 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:08 AM

thats what it is gold label coco with balls!damn silly idea imo,i hope your well not sen you about for a while?peace

Lol got you mate. I'm easily confused:)
I'm good thanks mate, normally lurking around, hope you and yours are goodx
  • Budgie, duke, Forest and 1 other like this

#18 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:35 AM

well I'm ticking my answer as answered cos your all just talking balls ! 

@marque08 i wouldn't do nft same reason as i wouldn't do iws or rdwc...... stays too wet for too long lol 

@Sprink our norris uses it, he does the same amount of water as i did, same no. of pots and same size !, fed off a timer 4 times a day, run to waste ! he's always moaning his run off is lower ec but 7 ph ? banging, and i mean banging results from it ! couldn't get my head round it if I'm honest, i reckon he's blaggin' me ! 

fed 4 times a day in 1 min bursts that deliver 1L per minute so they get 4L a day, 35L a day with 10-12L run off a day ! 

oh and see that david platt, wanker of the highest grade, thinking of doing him with the cricket bat like i did carrot top gary ! 

• The Dude Abides, marque08 and Sprink like this

#19 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:20 AM

I grew with canna pro+ and brand new unwashed clay balls slung straight into pots with around a 3 to 1 coco/clay ball mix for donkeys years without any problems, it was only cus im a tight git i stopped buying clayballs to do that tbh although i still use them on bottom and top of my pots, if i have any lieing around. I cant see a problem using it myself if its inert with no ferts in except the odd trace ellement from buffering and innoculation process.

• Forest, Roy Cropper and Sprink like this

#20 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:11 PM

i think in those 20l buckets you use to use jim you wouldnt of noticed it drying out to quickly did you?  in fabrics it would be a bit of a nightmare imo

• Roy Cropper likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.