#1 Max

Max

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:34 PM

Am I stupid or ???
Just taking a look at de LEDs atm for de sec grow but I don't get prob one of de most simple thing. How is it that you have 50 3w bulbs and it only takes 90w? And also the tiny area it covers? I'd need like 3 of them for a 4x4 tent?

And sry its prob something simple but I don't get my head around it

Attached Files

• duke likes this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:44 PM

hi max idk but could it just be because there chinese watts and therefore smaller?peace

• Paulie and Max like this

#3 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:46 PM

How is it that you have 50 3w bulbs and it only takes 90w?

Because they don't run them at full power, much like a dimmer switch or dimmable ballast can run lamps at less than their rated power :)

That's a 90 Watt fixture, whatever they may say on the box.
  • weedtroll, duke, Paulie and 2 others like this

#4 Max

Max

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:50 PM

Because they don't run them at full power, much like a dimmer switch or dimmable ballast can run lamps at less than their rated power :)

Ohh ok ty Missy but that's a bit stupid, it's like buying 500hp car and then limit it down to 240 lol .
  • duke and Paulie like this

#5 Max

Max

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:51 PM

hi max idk but could it just be because there chinese watts and therefore smaller?peace

Lmao so you are trying to say that just cos Chinese people are normally smaller than average Europeans they started making smaller watts? Pmsl I'm in bits laughing here
  • duke and Paulie like this

#6 MDS

MDS

Internode Master...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:29 PM

Yeah & that'll be 90W input as well... Allowing for the efficiency of the power supply (90% is a good guess) then the LEDs are getting nowhere near the full power... Also don't forget they'll need a good few Watts to power the fans to cool the LED heatsinks...

The LEDs might be seeing a real 70W... Bag of shite :P

• weedtroll, duke and Max like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.