272 replies to this topic

#131 Charnel

Charnel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:24 AM

Some real sad news people I have found spider mites on two of the 4 plants..... Both plants that are infested are on the right side of the tent and im bloody pissed about this. I have gone 4 grows now without any spider mites and now they decide to make an appearance.

I think they must have started taking hold of the rear right sativa and progressed towards the front ams coming in from the tents passive intake at the base of the sativa.   I am sure this is the only way they have been infected as they have not spent a second outside and I have never had a single spider mite in my 1.5mx1.5m tent to date.

I sprayed these plants with my organic pesticide as I usually do in the vegetative stage a few times as insurance but this time I did not spray in first week of 12/12 and I think that with the summer heat these fucking pests are on a rampage setting up shop outside my window in my moringa tree and my bamboo.  I am so pissed at this but I have 3 weeks left and I shall not let the sativa mature for the normal 11-12weeks.

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 3 others like this

#132 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:28 AM

@Charnel shit news buddy ! mites are a right pain in the asshole ! would it be worth spraying/treating the moringa tree and bamboo ? 

cull em from the source ! 

• 2scoops, denots, Dex and 1 other like this

#133 Charnel

Charnel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:30 AM

With ambient temps around 26'c at 10pm and day temps hitting 36-37'c at about 2-3pm in the sun I think that this will be one hot summer and those little fuckers love the heat.......

Im going off today to buy one of those pressure insecticide sprayers and Im going to go absolutely cold blooded on these rat bastards outside as If I can keep their population under control then odds of contamination indoors is reduced.

I will use a mix of my ludwigs organic insecticide and some of my habanero extract to burn the bastards into oblivion. If only I could hear their screams before dying! that would at least console me to some extent.

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 4 others like this

#134 Charnel

Charnel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:31 AM

@Charnel shit news buddy ! mites are a right pain in the asshole ! would it be worth spraying/treating the moringa tree and bamboo ? 

cull em from the source ! 

I do spray them every once in a while but clearly not enough in the recent months

Only sprayed them once at the end of winter and now we are halfway through spring so I should have hit them at least one other time.

Edited by Charnel, 27 October 2016 - 09:32 AM.

• Dekay, Roy Cropper and Dex like this

#135 Charnel

Charnel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:43 AM

I have just checked my small clone tent and my Blue Dream mother and smaller rooting clones show Zero signs of spider mite activity WOOT!

That confirms it, those little suckers entered my tent either through the rear bottom  6" intake sock or by hitching a ride on my clothing.

#136 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:42 AM

Sorry to hear buddy. Hope they do blow up to smithereens lol.

In South Africa do you guys have any type of incense sticks or little rubber ball they use to throw on a hot charcoal to me the house sell nice?

Not sure what it's called there but in tz it's called oudi or ubbani used in houses to make smell nice and repel flies and mosquitoes too lol I was gonna suggest that in the room the tent is in for an hour let the room smoke up then open yer windows to let the smoke out...

I Did that the last time I had spider mites and never had them again and a clean freak now too lol

I use it allot throughout spring to and summer if I have any to rid off the billion flies.

Or lady birds catch a few and throw em in I sure they eat mites.

Hope it helps buddy
  • The Dude Abides, Roy Cropper and Charnel like this

#137 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:48 AM

burn the shit outta em ! habanero for the win lol !

• The Dude Abides, Dex and Charnel like this

#138 Charnel

Charnel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:59 AM

Sorry to hear buddy. Hope they do blow up to smithereens lol.

In South Africa do you guys have any type of incense sticks or little rubber ball they use to throw on a hot charcoal to me the house sell nice?

Not sure what it's called there but in tz it's called oudi or ubbani used in houses to make smell nice and repel flies and mosquitoes too lol I was gonna suggest that in the room the tent is in for an hour let the room smoke up then open yer windows to let the smoke out...

I Did that the last time I had spider mites and never had them again and a clean freak now too lol

I use it allot throughout spring to and summer if I have any to rid off the billion flies.

Or lady birds catch a few and throw em in I sure they eat mites.

Hope it helps buddy

I have a rule about not spraying anything at all onto the plant once flowers start to present themselves.  Once I am done here I will use a fogger that contains organophosphates to kill any living creature in my study/growing area.

It will mean leaving the room closed and isolated for a few days but after all should be good.  There is a fogger called NuPro that a single can will treat a full size grain silo so I should have my small room covered.

http://www.cooperses...il/nupro-120ml/ product link for any interested person.

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 2 others like this

#139 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:08 PM

Quick question for you m8, if your in SA is there still weed growing wild there, true landrace?
  • The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 3 others like this

#140 Charnel

Charnel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:07 PM

If you go to the rural areas 100-200km out of the main cities the tribals grow land race sativas due to the fact that they keep the seeds from their current crop for their next and so on and so forth.

There are a few sativa land race strains about such as Swazi, Transkei and the classic Durban Poison.

Back in the day after I completed High school a few of us did a bit of a road trip around South Africa and during those days we would buy our stash.   We found both in KZN and in the transkei locals who would sell us good quality outdoor cannabis in those shopping plastic packets for R50 so 2.5 pounds give or take :P Those were the days.

There were plenty of seeds to be found which was the starting point for my own home grown.   The local strains I grew back in the day before a few of us ordered online were fantastic and very comparable to imported genetics but as you know its always appears greener on the other side so aftger a while I chucked the seeds that I had into some random fields and have kicked my self a few times for that decision.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hps, AMS, AmsXSwazi

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.