182 replies to this topic

#1 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:03 AM

Oookay lol I been meaning to this for a very long time..

How to start, I was never a religious man but came from a half Christian and half Muslim mum and dad.. don't ask lol

Any way I was born and grew up in very 12/12 country in deepest darkest Arabia. . The sun just seemed to go from wast to west rising between mountains and setting tuther way over the mountains we had a dry season and a really dry season. The sun seemed further up for 6 months and lower like right above your house sorta speak in second.

As a teenager I caused allot of trouble there so my mother had enough and was scared I'd be killed, we moved to UK.

The sun here does a big motion in the sky spinning nearly 180○ degrees round and setting on the horizon in summer to rarely seeing the sun rise above house's in winter to the point where our street never thaws. .

So seeing the sun moving so much and going through the season few times I came to realise that the science says different from what I see in the sky.

Northern hemisphere is closest to to the sun in winter and furthest away from the sun in summer as we spin around the sun.

My mum's family are originally from Africa so I been there few times and have the times of my fones saved for dubai, Tanzania and UK.

In summer I could look out from 4 am and see the sun on the horizon as the sun is approaching it circles over my house (I have a suntrap house) the two countries I been to are both had a day and are going into the night.

How can this be, when the sun is at half way over my house aparantly in South Argentina it's just past midday??

And in summer the sun is still visible from my house and beaming through the back bedrooms and Lord behold it's sun rise is Australia lol.

So the point of this mumbo jambo is.

Why is the sun so warm to the point even I get sun burnt in summer (when it's hot lol)? when we are at the furthest point away from the sun.

Yet in winter it doesn't even do nothing (heat wise) apart from few hours of day light but we are closest to the sun.

The sun seems to circulate closer in summer and further in winter that from just my observations.

So I know in dubai you can get a 12oclock (where the sun is bang on above you) shadow nearly every day of the year in Africa it's nearly the same every day too. But in North England i can never get a 12oclock shadow.

So this is my mission after being on sick and staying at home allot I do look up more to the skies and I am realising every day that the schools science teaching us backwards compared to bible's any bible's (old ones at that non of this new testaments or how ever it's spelt or new age quran)

So this is what I believe the earth is shaped and please don't bite just let's open minded and let's try and solve this issue of mine.

Attached File  5731497910_26e83e4f2e_b.jpg   643.88KB   0 downloadsAttached File  i2Ndje2.jpg   232.63KB   0 downloads

Okay so from all this I am kindly asking anyone willing to help hoping as many as possible to go outside and

please try at 12,3,6 o'clock to take a picture of your shadow and what city or town. .

If you are para just something like Midlands England, Cape Town South Africa or how ever you like just try and face as North as you know please.

I really believe that the sun spinning higher and closer in summer and further and lower in winter, which explains the dry season and the really dry season in the gulf lol and wet and dry season in East africa.

Please help make sense again and this is the only way I can do this just for my records. :D thanks for helping and if not then thank for reading. .. don't judge me lmaoo
  • Budgie, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 4 others like this

#2 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:13 AM

I'll do my best dex but I need to get some sun first!

edit: we have just started daylight saving where I live and moved our clocks forward an hour. I guess that means I need to take these shadow pics as if it wasn't daylight saving? eg at 11, 2, 5 etc??

Edited by Petal, 04 October 2016 - 08:18 AM.

• Budgie, 2scoops, denots and 1 other like this

#3 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:18 AM

Thanks petal, it's the only way I can figure this out...

What motion does the sun do in Australia is it just a East to west on the same path in the sky or does it shift slightly north or slightly south?

#4 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:19 AM

Thanks petal, it's the only way I can figure this out...

What motion does the sun do in Australia is it just a East to west on the same path in the sky or does it shift slightly north or slightly south?

I don't know, I don't watch it that closely sorry.

#5 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:21 AM

edit: we have just started daylight saving where I live and moved our clocks forward an hour. I guess that means I need to take these shadow pics as if it wasn't daylight saving? eg at 11, 2, 5 etc??

Up to you petal either way we are shifting clocks soon too. But either way I can look on the world clock on my fone and ill figure it out
  • denots and Petal like this

#6 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:22 AM

I don't know, I don't watch it that closely sorry.

I should have said this do you have shortest days and longest days lol
  • 2scoops, denots and Petal like this

#7 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:31 AM

Okay I will not be able to take a pic at 12 because I'll be doing school run and I walk slow so I'm nearly always late lol.

This is just now pic I am facing north or as North as I know lol.

Okay in tz and uae it's past midday and midday Attached File  20161004_102220.jpg   442.54KB   2 downloads
Attached File  20161004_102213.jpg   282.72KB   2 downloads
Common guys try it lol
  • Budgie, 2scoops and denots like this

#8 smokin soul

smokin soul

droplets of yes and no in an ocean of maybe

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:01 AM

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 4 others like this

#9 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:08 AM

I know that buddy I got b in science lol only gcse I took I loved it and fully know it works but it's not visually the same as the books is all I'm saying. :)

Thanks tho
  • denots likes this

#10 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:09 AM

Forgot to add in on North east England
  • denots likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.