• Dekay, The Dude Abides, weedtroll and 3 others like this

#12 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 03:09 PM

The planet earth is slightly egg shaped and not a true circle, and it circles the sun in a slightly eliptical orbit and Noon/12'0'clock is human time not sun time so it doesn't really fit into a straightforward 12/12 day/night cycle and will change depending on the season/location. In the old days - pre rail-timetables, each location had it's own times mostly based on sunrises/sunsets/noon etc,. which would have given more chance of proper midday shadows. The School books use a simplified explanation is all.

And if you were raised in the mountains of the UAE (Khoor Fakhan?/E Coast) then the sun has fried your brain as a kid man :sun: :P I've been there and it's like a furnace moonscape pmsl

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 5 others like this

#13 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 03:33 PM

The planet earth is slightly egg shaped and not a true circle, and it circles the sun in a slightly eliptical orbit and Noon/12'0'clock is human time not sun time so it doesn't really fit into a straightforward 12/12 day/night cycle and will change depending on the season/location. In the old days - pre rail-timetables, each location had it's own times mostly based on sunrises/sunsets/noon etc,. which would have given more chance of proper midday shadows. The School books use a simplified explanation is all.

And if you were raised in the mountains of the UAE (Khoor Fakhan?/E Coast) then the sun has fried your brain as a kid man :sun: :P I've been there and it's like a furnace moonscape pmsl

I was tuther side ras Al kheima north end lol and yeah its hot I don't miss the 28-29 night at all lol I used to only sleep with air con noise in background lol.

But yeah I totally understand that my granny was an air hostesses for the army there I asked her a few questions lol our ancestors are ex military and sailor's.. They never used sat nav when they were younger they used the stars lol

So it defies the point us spinning round an orbit where the north star is put and others spin around in a circle yearly without a fail.

Sultans using the stars to benefit their health and stuff like that I don't understand this galaxy stuff but yet same stars we see year in and out. And the sun here seeing the motion and it made sense how it is.

It is not possible for a country half way around the world and down under to have sun rise while I can still see the sun here in summer even if we were pair shaped lol.

We can't be egg shaped if you simply search Google pics of earth you will get the most recent CGI pics they took with the thousands of satellites about showing it's a perfect sphere.

You and Neil degrass have been smoking pot mun your saying egg shaped and the professor will tell ya it's pear shaped lmao.

I believe what I see and using shadow to calculate roughly where about that sun is at you spot and at mine at that spot I can work it out by having their countries time on me fone.

Then I simply know it's 12 there and their shadow looks like this while my shadow looks like this if that makes sense.

I believe the equator countries are flat while northern hemisphere is up hill. That's the only way I can explain that the sun doing what it does while tether countries it does a higher in the sky and lower in the sky motion.

And because we are up hill the light or heat source of the light has moved lower it's hot season down there while it's short days and cold here .

Not sure if I made sense lol
  • Budgie, 2scoops, denots and 1 other like this

#14 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 03:43 PM

It makes sense but we don't live in a pudding bowl fella :)

Stars are a good ref point for measurments because they move much slower relative to the solar system/planet so always seem to be in the same places at the same times.

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, denots and 2 others like this

#15 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 03:45 PM

It makes sense but we don't live in a pudding bowl fella :)

Stars are a good ref point for measurments because they move much slower relative to the solar system/planet so always seem to be in the same places at the same times.

It's been the same for a good few generations lol its crazy mate and doesn't make sense what nasal say and what school said and fro what I see someone is right. It's a bowl shaped buddy gotta be get a torch and a bowl lol
  • Budgie, denots and Petal like this

#16 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 03:47 PM

If it's bowl shaped, how do sattelites work?

• denots, Petal and Dex like this

#17 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:14 PM

If the Earth is flat, why doesn't one simply fall off the edge when travelling far enough in a straight line?

Is there some trickery at work?

Nope, it's because it's a globe (although more orange- than egg-shaped — Slightly flattened at the poles and with a bulge around the equator).
  • Dekay, 2scoops, weedtroll and 3 others like this

#18 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:16 PM

Yeah, it's also tilted on it's axis which gives the seasons in the north and south hemispheres.

Copernicus and then Galilleo sussed this out shortly before they invented slippers.

All good things

TDA

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, Dekay and 6 others like this

#19 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:21 PM

I should have said this do you have shortest days and longest days lol

Yes we do.

Anyway, while I don't believe in your theory (I'm not a flat earth believer)  I am happy to post my shadows for you.... you can believe what you want to believe :)

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, denots and 2 others like this

#20 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:28 PM

Yes we do.

Anyway, while I don't believe in your theory (I'm not a flat earth believer) I am happy to post my shadows for you.... you can believe what you want to believe :)

Thanks petal and lol to the other replies.

Just post yer shadows I don't know what it's like but from a full year of thinking the pic I posted up there is what I believe the pudding bowl. .. how far doest go on not sure if there is an edge not sure. But I definitely know it's no ball, orange, egg or pear and for sure not flat
  • Petal and Slippery like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.