• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:42 PM

Well I was afraid to document my first grow in coco cos I knew I'd fuck up somewhere along the way :P, as a result it's taken 2 months to get me to the stage where I'm ready to flip to 12/12!

First fuck up was I was reading the (cheapo) meter wrong and was drastically underfeeding the poor girl, had been converting from ppm to EC completely arseways - really surprised she survived TBH. After that I kind of hit a low point and she was abandoned for about a week (no light, no feed, no water) and yet was still alive when I got my head sorted.

Today she is about to start her first day of 12/12 and I don't think she's looking too badly (esp. considering her treatment thus far). She is in a felt pot (just been repotted to a slightly larger size last week), couldn't tell you what size as I've forgotten - looks big enough to me anyway :haha: She's been getting fed between 700 and 800 ppm daily with ph between 5.75 and 5.85, been using lemon juice as a ph down and bicarbonate of soda as ph up (although I only need to use this when I overdo the lemon :D ). 

She's been topped once and has received some LST, due to my heavy-handedness and inability to read the price tag correctly I'm using Bendz to train her. Saw them on the counter in the grow shop and thought it said €3, it didn't, it said €9! TBF there are 50 in a pack and even if I lose or break some a pack should last me years considering I only used about half a dozen on this plant.

Anyway, without further ado here is how she's looking as she's about to start flowering.

And a shot showing the bendz at work

Thanks for looking in :hattip: I'll update every few weeks as things progress.

• Mrs Willy, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 11 others like this

#2 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:48 PM

I'll sub up, first in too !
All the best

Roy
  • KiefKat, Petal, Zephyr and 1 other like this

#3 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:51 PM

hi kiefkat and welcome to the coconutters club!only bit of advice i will give is stop using lemon juice and go get some proper ph down as i have found to my cost using lemon juice can cause trouble as it doesnt remain ph stable long and will cause misreading by the ec meter also it can ferment in your medium producing alcohol byproducts that cause root tips to be burned and stunted just look at my last run all due to using the either vinegar or lemon juice esp with boosters like green planet massive which have mollases and plant sugars all of which can cause trouble,for £5 a bottle of ph down will last about a year best to dilute it down in a seperate container makes it easier to use,apart from that id say your learning good!subbed good luck

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, KiefKat and 4 others like this

#4 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:56 PM

Well done Kief, she looks great... those bendz look good to use... All the best :)

• duke, KiefKat, Roy Cropper and 2 others like this

#5 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:38 PM

same as duke with the  the lemon juice i tried it and it led to ph woes,

subbed in nothing better to grow in then coco and fabric pots

i use bendz as well great little things it amazing how 50 can be used up if your space is small

#6 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:48 PM

for £5 a bottle of ph down will last about a year best to dilute it down in a seperate container makes it easier to use

Do you just dilute it with distilled water or do I need something else to mix it through? Will pick up a bottle of ph down next time I'm by the grow shop - Amazon won't deliver over here :(

• Dekay, duke, Roy Cropper and 2 others like this

#7 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:55 PM

I just added water to my PH down about half and half and it made life so much easier than only being able to add a tiny drop and it gone too far the other way ;)

And welcome to the club buddy looking forward to your first results with this stuff :)

#8 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:59 PM

@Mauricey - you're profile pics are getting more disturbing as time goes on - put a shirt on man! :haha:

• Mrs Willy, duke, Roy Cropper and 3 others like this

#9 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:04 PM

tap water is fine for the ph down,  mix it  in a ratio to what you find easier to work with 

#10 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:13 PM

One should always add an acid to water, and never add water to a concentrated acid ;)

Good luck with the grow, Kat :)
  • Dekay, duke, KiefKat and 4 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: with farty bits, Dutch Passion, Outlaw

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.