7 replies to this topic

#1 TheHerbalist

TheHerbalist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:35 PM

I originally started with 2 Afghani but as they were regular seeds one was a male and had to be pulled, I started them in small yogurt pots and graduated to 11l pots and then from the 11l pots into the ground that had been dug out and replaced with 70l of compost from asda, low budget grow with free seeds from herbies, the plant shown is one of 2 i germinated, the other showed as a distinctly shorter indica pheno type with broader leafs while the one pictured was more lanky and sharper looking leaf structures, the plant shown is indeed one plant at its height is roughly 6ft, the picture does her no justice as recently the wind caused her to slump over a bit also, but neverthless she was trained well, topped many times and alot of super cropping done to restrict main node growth further upwards for stealth reason [6ft is already big enough!]

I have not given it any fertiliser in about 6 weeks and it is steadily but slowly flowering, showing slight signs of purpling likely a cause from the cold weather.

I don't care what I harvest from this as it is just for a bit of fun really.

Attached Files

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 4 others like this

#2 Red eye knight

Red eye knight

Herbalist

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:53 PM

Nice one herbalist...always wondered what herbies never ending supply of freebies would turn out.

:)
  • Budgie, smokin soul, duke and 1 other like this

#3 TheHerbalist

TheHerbalist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 05:14 PM

Nice one herbalist...always wondered what herbies never ending supply of freebies would turn out.

:)

Yep I've been using herbies for ages but never yet had I grew their afghani theyre always sending out

• smokin soul, duke and Red eye knight like this

#4 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 05:54 PM

Yep I've been using herbies for ages but never yet had I grew their afghani theyre always sending out

i have grown them several times now there ok and very much like early afghanica strains with a slight tendency to late in flower hermies if stressed so keep an eye out for nanas at 6=7 weeks but they are worth growing if you do regulars i love the colour outdoors very pretty plants,best of luck getting a harvest peace

• Budgie, smokin soul, Red eye knight and 2 others like this

#5 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 10:18 PM

good luck bud, watch out for the budrot!

• Budgie and smokin soul like this

#6 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 11:06 PM

Nice one @TheHerbalist :weed: can't beat a bit of outdoors homegrowing :ninja:

Is it in a safe spot, looks like your back garden from this side of the fence?

You must be 8ft tall taking pics like that if she's a 6 footer, but she does look well healthy. Fingers crossed there's no rainy damp mornings/nights and you get a few more sunny weeks of life out of her to see her to the end :joint: Keep us updated with it won't you.

• smokin soul likes this

#7 TheHerbalist

TheHerbalist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:26 AM

Nice one @TheHerbalist :weed: can't beat a bit of outdoors homegrowing :ninja:

Is it in a safe spot, looks like your back garden from this side of the fence?

You must be 8ft tall taking pics like that if she's a 6 footer, but she does look well healthy. Fingers crossed there's no rainy damp mornings/nights and you get a few more sunny weeks of life out of her to see her to the end :joint: Keep us updated with it won't you.

Yeah i havent gone out with a tape measure but before it got blew down by the wind somewhat it was standing at about the same height as me which is 5 11" and this was a month ago, the win has blown it down some and its loped sided now and lost some height, and I'm pretty much sure i will get bud rot due to the fact this plant probably wont finish flowering till late November! 

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 2 others like this

#8 smokin soul

smokin soul

droplets of yes and no in an ocean of maybe

• Respected User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:46 AM

looking good herb, bound to get a bit of rot but fingers crossed you'll get a decent bit of smoke off of her, good luck!

• Budgie and duke like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.