38 replies to this topic

#1 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:59 PM

This isn't a full on diary, just a catch up and flowering one.

I recently moved and the new gaff has a nice little growing space in it at last. So, I figured I'd get a tent slung up and see how it rocks for growing in as you do.

I was also fortunate enough to be able to borrow from the Green Circle, a Sunplus Pioneer4 410w LED/Cree-Cob Light rig. My plan is to use the LED for vegging and early flower and, for a change, I stuck to it. For later flowering I have a 400w with HPS to swap in.

Setup

Coco has been calling me for a while but I'm sticking with soil this time as it's the first grow in the new setup and I wanted to use this grow as a shakedown and not introduce too many unknowns.
So, in August I decided to crack a few beans.

• Dutch Passion : Jorges Diamonds#1 - Indica
  • Heavyweight Seeds : Budzilla - Indica Dom Hybrid
  • Dinafem : Original Amnesia - Sativa/Haze

Typical of me, I started them off, without having the vegging groom setup. So, after a 24hr soak and straight into John Innes#1, they spent their first week-n-a-bit of life on a windowsill (out of view of preying eyes!) this put a bit of stretch on them but nothing that couldn't be sorted when potting them up. Although I sacrificed one of the budzillas (two were popped) as it was a bit weedy in comparison.

Seedlings - Ignore the bigger cut, thats not part of this grow show.

After about 2 weeks I potted them up to small pots with just bog standard wilcos compost, it's a light mix with a good texture is this years batch, to which I added in Perlite, Activated Charcoal, Alph-Alpha pellets, Volcanic Rock Dust, Myhco/Tricho Bennies, a sprinkle of Epsoms, a sprinkle of Dolomite Lime and a bit of composted chicken manure.

These sat under the LED, quite comfortably considering the warm weather in Late Aug/September. The good thing about LEDs is that the heat is not from the bulbs but from the circuitry so more heat is pulled from the top of the LED and has less chance of effecting the plants. They still kick out heat though!. No extra feeds have been given, or needed during vegging, they just had a couple of molasses and a couple of seaweed root drenches. One each in the first week of potting up and one each a week later, just to help get them settled and give the soil something to help it along. About 2 weeks later they were ready for potting up to 15l finishing pots. Same soil and amendments, just a little less chicken manure this time

4 weeks Vegged, Potted up Pics

Amnesia Haze

Budzilla

Jorges Diamonds#1

A few days after potting up I flipped them to 12/12. This was just over three weeks ago. They started flowering pretty quick and as of today I have them pegged as three weeks of true flower.

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, smokin soul and 16 others like this

#2 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 09:09 PM

These are the pics from the middle of week 2 flower. Not bad for LED and four pots of cheap muck. As they move into flower I have started feeding them (from the start of week 2). Plant Magic Old Timers Bloom only 2ml/l to start, 3ml/l in week 3 and the plan is that I will up this to 4ml/l and to keep it at that till week 7, unless the plants tell me different. I also picked up a few sample packs of Ecothrive Biosys from the local hydro, it's bennies and benny food in a dry yet soluble form. This was added to the first OT Bloom feed as an extra boost of soil microlife.

Jorges Diamonds

Budzilla

Amnesia Haze

I'm still umming and ahhing whether to stick some PK in there come week 5/6, I like to keep things organic but I'm not hung up on it and will give them what they need if I feel it's the right thing to do. Been looking at vitalink budcandy as an alternative to straight PK, any one used it and got any reports?

Anyway, a few final pics of the ladies at the disco, it's got a floating dance-floor don't yer know :dance2:

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 21 others like this

#3 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 09:38 PM

hi budgie its great to see you getting growing again and you look to have a nice little set up there and some nice shrubbery to i kinda like the growshow idea straight in with the best bit and the boring bit allready done,nice work i shall follow along,take care,peace

• Budgie, smokin soul, denots and 2 others like this

#4 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 09:42 PM

Hey Budgie :)  nice set up you have there and great looking girls... Budzilla looks like she is ahead of the game so far... good one :weed:

• Budgie, smokin soul, duke and 1 other like this

#5 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 09:54 PM

Good to see you in action again man and i watched as they carried my jorges diamond away from me house handcuffed in a car so be good to see that grown again biggest bud I ever grown on that baby shame I never tasted the fucker like but hey ho and you have to have me round come harvest ;)

• Budgie, smokin soul, duke and 4 others like this

#6 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 10:21 PM

hi budgie its great to see you getting growing again and you look to have a nice little set up there and some nice shrubbery to i kinda like the growshow idea straight in with the best bit and the boring bit allready done,nice work i shall follow along,take care,peace

Agreed, it's good sometimes to have a small blog/diary. The growshow subforums just seemed to fit the bill. I tell you, It's been pure purgatory not having a decent grow space or worrying about peeps looking over my shoulder who shouldn't be bothered. I failed miserably in small space grows really, not having any spare cash to spend and using bits of kit I had lying around. Growers like your good self who do successfull grows in small spaces really do get my admiration and respect :joint:

Hey Budgie :)  nice set up you have there and great looking girls... Budzilla looks like she is ahead of the game so far... good one :weed:

Hey Petal :), thanks, they're not three bad if I say so myself. The Budzilla was the runt to start with, well, not runt, but the slowest/smallest. But you're right, she's the first to be frosting up, has some good bud sites on her and is the stinkiest lady in the groom. Must be the skunk side of her coming through (G13xSkunk) Just how I like it :deviltoker:

Good to see you in action again man and i watched as they carried my jorges diamond away from me house handcuffed in a car so be good to see that grown again biggest bud I ever grown on that baby shame I never tasted the fucker like but hey ho and you have to have me round come harvest ;)

oooh man that's not good, don't be putting the heebies on me :P I did a JD early last year and it was a belting indica, nice buds as you say and was a proper indica wrapping its arms around you and hugging you to comatoseville :vape: Hoping for more of the same from this one.

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, smokin soul and 4 others like this

#7 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 10:29 PM

And me,

i love a nice indica.

Its nice to see that you still have  skills on the plant front Budjie , they look superb.

I used to use chicken manure in soil but its easy to over do it, and i fuct a crop up once by doin just that.

Do you use mychorizzal / trchoderma in the re-pot (root grow, by another name). I used to notice a fair difference when i was in muck.

Anyway, you can put the LED away now and bring out the proper light ( there that should wind up the led heads ha ha)

Thanks badbillybob :mr:, Sativas/Hybrids are good but indicas are a rare smoke these days. I really think I prefer them tbh, although I do like something with a bit of buzz. Thats why I went for a sat, a hybrid and an indica, get a good cross section of effects in time for christmas/dark nights.

It does get hot sometimes chicken manure, I made that classic of putting too much into the cut in the first pics and I've had nowt but trouble because of it. It's finally sorted out now (and fresh cuts have been taken as she is deffo a keeper :ninja:) but the yield isn't going to move the needle on my scales :(

Yes, I do use bennies. Great White at the moment. And I use it on cuts, in my soil mixes and when potting on. The lushest, healthiest grow I ever did was with the bennies and then feeding them Compost Tea. Its all about the rhizosphere as you know, and the plants actual roots are only half the story :)

You can read my mind mate, the HPS has been glowing for the past 48hrs :sun:

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, smokin soul and 4 others like this

#8 Joe

Joe

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:48 AM

Nice one budge, I can see this being a really informative grow for us muck people, they look, by far, the healthiest, lushest and just down right happiest plants I've seen so far in dirt. I'll sit quietly in the background and learn loads, cheers bro :)
  • Budgie, smokin soul, duke and 3 others like this

#9 smokin soul

smokin soul

droplets of yes and no in an ocean of maybe

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:01 PM

about bloody time too! :P very nice set up you've got there mr b, looks like things are getting interest so will take a perch and follow with interest :)

• Budgie, duke, denots and 3 others like this

#10 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:39 PM

Nice one budge, I can see this being a really informative grow for us muck people, they look, by far, the healthiest, lushest and just down right happiest plants I've seen so far in dirt. I'll sit quietly in the background and learn loads, cheers bro :)

Just trying to inspire you to grow big multi-oz plants as opposed to those diddly autos :) Don't be too quiet, pipe up whenever you feel like it :)

about bloody time too! :P very nice set up you've got there mr b, looks like things are getting interest so will take a perch and follow with interest :)

I know, it's a bind not being able to get the mojo going. Plenty of space on the perch and there's some nuts in the feeder too :)

• Dekay, smokin soul, duke and 3 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LED, Cree, Cob, HPS, Amnesia, Budzilla, Jorges Diamonds#1, Soil, with farty bits

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.