• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 09:23 PM

I'm no tin hatter, but it does seem like it is beginning to feel like World war 3 is a distinct possibility in the not too distant future.

Whatever is going on, Russia are probably one step ahead of the west in terms of defence. And they are happy to publically declare their nuclear threats seemingly on a much more public basis than ever before, especially in the last few weeks.

Today...

Russias spin doctor says any impudent behaviour could have nuclear consequences.

http://www.independe...g-a7355226.html

Putin Ally tells USA vote trump of face nuclear war.

http://www.reuters.c...SKCN12C28Q?il=0

Putin urges officials to bring home family members..

http://ijr.com/2016/...rt-of-chilling/

Last week

Russia Launches nuclear war training exercise involving 40 million people.

http://www.independe...n-a7345461.html

Putin puts Nuclear missles on european border.

http://edition.cnn.c...-labott-tsr.cnn

Russia ends nuclear agreement, with United States

http://www.reuters.c...m-idUSKCN12521J

Ooohhhh, i better buy some baked beans.

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 5 others like this

#2 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 09:30 PM

8d7a10e53c3b1c47758cb817b71a9ffc.jpg

Better build that bunker innit :D

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, Dekay and 5 others like this

#3 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 09:38 PM

Well if we doomed, they doomed, everyone doomed ah the word doomed has gone all doomed now doesnt sound right.

• 2scoops, weedtroll, duke and 3 others like this

#4 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 09:40 PM

yep its looking more likely with each passing day and notice how little mention of any detail on the mass media,see we are to stupid to understand so why bother to tell us?the yanks are knowingly provoking the russians the chinese are brisling with new armies and weapons they wanting to try out and the biggest worry re the russians is caused purely by the americans so called missile defense system which in theory negates the russian nuclear arsenal and they know it,so in there place with the yanks massing troops around there borders and missiles from space over there heads and now pointing directly at them how would you expect that sort of provocation to end?ww3 thats where,peace

• Mrs Willy, Dekay, 2scoops and 3 others like this

#5 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:47 PM

• Dekay, weedtroll, Slippery and 1 other like this

#6 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:22 AM

Nah i dont buy it tbh.

The missle deploymeent to the balkens is a routine rotation an was reported last time they were moved around an its all hyped up due to the old Soviet states asking nato to deploy more missle battrys which they have done. More media speculation to make it sound more daunting than it is. And they are not nuclear missiles, they are nuclear capable missiles so can take a few different warheads an are not permantly armed nuclear warheads so im willing to bet that the so call nukes they deployed are infact armed with high explosive warheads instead but that wont sell papers or make headlines.

The nuclear engagement was never going to be the treaty that removed warheads from use or reduced each countrys stockpile of chemical, biological or nuclear dramatically an the russains walked away due to american choices of not sticking to the pact....this time next years then will all be back on track.

i doubt they would hit a major eu or american city nowadays.
Most wars fought today are proxy wars on another continent so the first strike if it ever comes is going to be some place safeish to avoid the assured mutual destruction issue. There is simply to many warheads below the waves etc to assume the other country will be delt a killer blow with no repercussions an i doubt putin or any world leader would risk that.

And lets not gloss over the fact that the Americans walked away from the peace talks over Syria due to the russains talking smack an not doing what they promised. Now the russains have called for the peace talks to start again which is a turn up for the books as its usually a un or nato member that instigates the talks when needed so the russains have changed there game plan. ......i doubt it will be long before al bashar is popped off the mortal coil by a russain sniper for not doing what hes told again.
An the russains aint all that whenbit comes to there war forces.
Majority is old school Soviet weaponry still.
There was an announcement a few years ago to update the armed forces but thats going to take a fair bit of time to get going an start producing the arms they want......ie tanks, planes, ships an modern rifles etc.......ok there special forces will have top dollar weaponry but thats as far as it goes.
An with the Ukraine an syria conflicts draining funds fast an the eu an american sanctions already biting the majority of the population and not to mention the low price of oil ( putin ratified this week that russia will commit to opecs order to reduce the output of oil to bump up oil prices ) an gas they export then it going to be even longer before they have a state of the art war fighting forces.

Dont believe the headlines. Read the other storys and then put them all together.
Ww3 aint anywhere near the horizon in my book, its just media hype coz everyones fed up of reading about donald trump.
One nuclear warhead will get blown out the sky and they cant target every nuclear capable country we have pacts with and there nuclear infrastructure to stop retaliation.

Thats my view but if it does kick off then im hidding under my shed with my jars an rizla for a bit hahaha

But let's back track to the syria issue an yemen.

Wanna scare another country involved in a proxy war to back down then where else is a nuclear warhead going to hit. Right over there. Russia pops one into yemen or another important middle east country an America replies in kind over Syria. Each rival backed army or leader is taken out and both win the proxy war an nobody loses face to the other.
An why would the russains call for more peace talk today?? Bad press? Bad reaction in the media at home after un convoys an hospitals taken out??
It wont buy more time before they retake aleppo as thats already begun, the ground troops are on the way into the city centersp thats not going to stop.

So no i dont think nuclear war is coming as made out. London or New york are safe. Maybe a middle east big bollock nuclear slinging match.
An how many birds with a few missles would that take out an how many world peace problems would that solve??
A helluva lot.
  • Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 3 others like this

#7 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:17 AM

@mellowed i think it`s Americans trying to change the ceasefire agreement to include AL Quaeda (al nusra) which wasnt part of the originol agreemkent and it was agreed by both parties they were terrorists that needed taking out, in fact  they are America`s most deadly and hated terrorists, but  Al Nusra are going no where unless they a 6ft under, well now the Yanks know that and wanna include them as a moderate force now that Al Nusra has been rebranded to to stop the bombings of Eastern Aleppo where they are holed up and the Ruski`s are having none of it. In the mean time 1000`s of innocents are paying with their lives, pretty shite stalemate really. Pretty shite situation out their really, its fucked up bad m8 int it. :)

I think its alot of patter about missiles shooting missiles out of the sky pretty much a real James Bond shit to ease peeps nerves and make everyone feel safe, im not saying it can`t be done and they dont have missiles and defense systems that are designed to do it, but you may find that for every 10 missiles fired at us and being aimed at to be shot out of the sky whilst coming over only maybe 50% of that defense system will work. I remember the American patriot missiles during the Gulf war didnt work none too well for the Saudi`s or the Israeli`s, ok they were dated and missile defense systems will have come on a wee bit, but those scud missiles were pretty dated cumbersome things too ok ballistic yes but old and official figures of shot down scuds were said to be 50% meaning the lying cunts and more like 20% if they were lucky. But thinking on how can you shoot down a inter-continental-ballistic missile unless its shot down at the source of take off b4 hitting the outer atmosphere, even more impossible if you ask me. I`m afraid if nukes are shot by either the Ruski`s or Yanks at each other in aggression i fear its doomsday for us all.

@weedtroll

• Mrs Willy, mellowed, The Dude Abides and 2 others like this

#8 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:42 AM

yep i thought there could be trouble over what the russians are doing in siria  thing is we are all afraid of what could happen and rightly so i guess , the russkys are flexing for sure

• mellowed, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 1 other like this

#9 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:22 PM

Yeah, Putin is an extremely dangerous Loony (don't tell him I said that though).

AGT
TDA

• 2scoops and Slippery like this

#10 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:36 PM

Always found it ironic that war pigs, an anti war song. Is actually a great war song.

Rolling through the desert with the sabbath blasting out.

Tracer fire from the 50's and the LMG's arcing out through the night.

Brief flashes as artilery rounds impact or some fast air delivery of lazer guided munitions.

Followed by some Rage against the machine and killing in the name of

Anti war songs = fantastic battle tunes

• duke likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.