19 replies to this topic

#1 mrsDeeks

mrsDeeks

Mrs Deeks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 12:05 AM

All my life since i needed a lighter i say to myself keep it in your pocket you always have one then ,but i let things lip i let people use mine i put it in my bag another pocket or the drawer.....i own about 5-10 you know how many i can find now? non i just had to ask deeks.

So my question is where do they go? is there some other thing going on here? is there such a thing as elves?

• Dekay, Roy Cropper, Paulie and 2 others like this

#2 RossPa

RossPa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 01:53 AM

In my experience it's generally other people. That's why I stopped buying clippers.

You'd go out round a mates for a smoke and the course of the night it'd get passed round and you'd forget. Then when you do remember you can't find it and every fucker denies having it.

Sometimes you'd get them back other times not, especially if it was a clipper elite or something equally flash.
  • Dekay, mrsDeeks, Paulie and 2 others like this

#3 Swilly Jibs

Swilly Jibs

Pull my finger...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:17 AM

Mornings Mrs D, Let it go  :) I gave up on that years ago, especially if you have young un's and their friends coming round. I don't even know I've lost one sometimes until Mrs Jibbers asks "where's the one I got you gone?)

Touch me foofin ashtray though and then there's trouble, that baby stays by my side. :D Hope you got lit eventually?

• Dekay, mrsDeeks, Paulie and 1 other like this

#4 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:24 AM

I would say il check me coat cos I'm am that man that steals them. Although it's still a mystery how bunny ended up with my dad's lol
  • Dekay, mrsDeeks, Paulie and 3 others like this

#5 Missginger

Missginger

Aka Fleur

• Respected User
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:39 AM

I have the same problem, I don't let anyone use my lighters now becuase all the ones I own have sentimental value. If I do ever let anyone use one, then I get it back after they've lit whatever they're lighting. I have lost one or two in the house I swear the house eats them. Can't find them anywhere and no one has been here to steal them!

Same with socks though, where an earth do they disappear to? Put two in get one out, what's with that? Maybe there's a little man that lives in there and decides "oooh that's a nice sock, that'll do for me blanket/pillow for the next week till I find another".

Frustrating, I tell you. Frustrating.
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, Roy Cropper and 3 others like this

#6 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:41 AM

i too feel the pain mrs d ,

it cant be other peeps here  cos i just live with mrs forest and two spaniels and the damn things just vanish,  i do suspect mrs forest,  but she always says no its not me !! or do my spaniels have the  mother of all lighter collections hidden under their bed?

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, mrsDeeks and 3 others like this

#7 Swilly Jibs

Swilly Jibs

Pull my finger...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:45 AM

Same with socks though, where an earth do they disappear to?

A solution to this is to amputate a foot or a leg, problem solved? I did now, I never wear odd socks or worry about losing one. :D

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, Forest and 2 others like this

#8 DreDdYBoY

DreDdYBoY

Sir smoke alot

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:47 AM

Grrrrr I hate loosing clippers. Tey need to introduce a clipper with on board tracking... clipper thieves hehehe

e269e45f9499525485cac7b1822f86f5.th.jpg
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, mrsDeeks and 2 others like this

#9 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:50 AM

A solution to this is to amputate a foot or a leg, problem solved? I did now, I never wear odd socks or worry about losing one. :D

im not sure mrs forest is going to go for that!!! i ask tho....  it is all her socks that get lost mine tend not to go figure

#10 Missginger

Missginger

Aka Fleur

• Respected User
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:51 AM

I very rarely wear socks anyhow, it's the kids breathing down my throat with fire from their dragon glands. "where's my socks? There's only one! Can you please help me find the other?" with five minutes left before they have to go out the door to school. My feet need to breathe, socks make me feel imprisoned get all colostrodated.

I used to have a sock bag for odd socks, put them all in there. Check it every week to see if I could match any, I'd maybe match one or two pairs of about 200 socks! Why oh why do people/aliens/little men/dogs/or whoever/whatever steal socks and lighters? Do they not understand how frustrating it is? Before now I've trashed the house to find a lighter. Pffft.

Edited by Missginger, 15 October 2016 - 10:52 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fartybits slippers lighters, farty bits, lighter

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.