Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Feeding very high EC without worrying about overfeeding. (old grow)

2.8ec in bloom coco

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#11 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:56 PM

Cheers guys , for looking in , i chopped saturdays night 10 week bloom , trichs were 80/20 , heres a few pics enjoy

Attached File  DSCF4754.JPG   249.27KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF4755.JPG   207.58KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF4756.JPG   202.88KB   0 downloads

• Dekay, duke, dal and 5 others like this

#12 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:58 PM

Cheers guys not sure on final weight , but i got loads , lol and some shit to make butter and iso oil ,
Ohh ooops i never get issues with mould m8 either .

Attached File  DSCF4769.jpg   79.36KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF4768.jpg   83.03KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF4765.jpg   91.18KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF4763.jpg   80.94KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF4760.jpg   93.86KB   0 downloads

• Dekay, duke, dal and 4 others like this

#13 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:01 PM

Cheers guys , thats about it for this i got around 42oz after 9 or 10 days drying and shed loadsa kuff for oil n butter.

• Dekay, duke, dal and 4 others like this

#14 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:53 PM

Cheers jimmy a good review there on high feeds
  • 2scoops, duke, Sprink and 2 others like this

#15 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:27 PM

Yeah I took my strawberry bananas to 1.4 and burnt them though Jimmi proper crispy burn it was as well although the other plants at time handled it fine there is a big difference in plant as well to think about with higher ec, one might not show signs of burn and another one might, the killas I growing now I reckon they take very high ec have put 1.4 in got 0.8 out, I do think though you have a good point about people having defs rather than overfeeding though mate but it is hardly ever an mg one thats just a standard reply I think :)

• 2scoops, duke, Slippery and 2 others like this

#16 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,001 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:37 PM

hi jimmi interesting thread but i cant help thinking how many nubees will try to copy it and burn feck out of there plants,its probs allright for an old hand who can read the plants but could easy come a cropper if you new to coco thats why i allways telling folks about the benefits of run of that 20% helps stop build up in the coco and so stops lock out occuring an starting out low and building up to get a handle on the strain your growing and like my horticulture mentor allways drummed into us was a slightly underfed plant will allways out perform a slightly overfed plant,a method for practiced growers i think and not tightwads like me who feed on the leaner side of just enough!peace

• Dekay, 2scoops, Sprink and 1 other like this

#17 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:41 PM

nice jimi bach :D

• 2scoops, duke and Cheeseman like this

#18 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:45 PM

So overfeeding is overfeeding the coco and not the plant?

That makes sense, because the lockout seems to occur more often in little pots where they dry out a bit more than bigger ones.

I've started clones at 1.7 before, and they were fine until the roots grew too big for the little pots.

Wouldn't want to try working with a high EC if root space was at a premium

Tap water must play a part in these things as well, mine is 0.8 now, up from 0.7 :(

• Dekay, 2scoops, duke and 1 other like this

#19 CocoMonkey

CocoMonkey

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:51 PM

Nice1 jimmy for putting that up, ive always gone in low mainly becasuse they seem happy at 1.0, not sign of underfert etc, when itry and go higher than 1.2 i get signs of overfert, anything over 2.0 i couldn't imagine doing tho, those plants were proper obese ladies lol.
I did put an article up about giving high feeds but you step it up to like 3.0 then drop it back down to 1.0, ile try and dig it out

#20 CocoMonkey

CocoMonkey

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:55 PM

Found it

Ive just been reading an article in The Grind magazine about The Super Charge. Its about ec in coco, im not too sure if anyone has heard of it or has done it before or even if it would work with canna. Ile write the article out for you to read and see what you think.COCO SUPER CHARGECoco coir is fool proof. Coco gives better yields. Grow like a pro! These are all statements we hear time and time again. They are true, the results from growing on coco can be of mammoth proportions, but the key is treat coco entirely differently to how one would a soil mixture.As we all know coco is completely inert. There are so many factors to take into consideration in one full cycle of growing on coco. Salt build up, plants taking up certain minerals and not others, correct micromineral composition and accurate EC levels to name just a few. Most significantly, it is hard to predict the correct nutrient ratio in coco at any given point. For example, the plant’s needs dictate if it takes up more N from the N-P-K, and not so much other minerals, just by using EC it is hard for the grower to know there is an increased need for nitrogen in the medium.So, when growers talk about flushing your plans every two weeks with just water, on coco it may not be such a good idea as you could end up depleting the medium of at least one type of mineral. But, on the other hand, to get the best results a grower should not constantly feed with just nutrients, as coco does tend to build up salts. Thankfully, an old-school grower developed just such a system to overcome this problem many years ago. Only now does the Super Charge method make sense.We first came across The Super Charge a few years ago, whilst using a large drip irrigation system on 15L pots filled with a coco and perlite mix. This method gave absolutely huge results and now we know why. As every grower already knows, to start a cutting on fresh coco, one has to add a weak nutrient solution of approximately 0.6 to 0.8 as opposed to just water. For this method it is absolutely essential to have an EC (electrical conductivity) such as an EC truncheon.As the growth cycle goes on, of course the grower must increase their EC levels to satisfy the plant’s uptake of certain nutrients. The crucial stage in the plant’s life comes from week three of flower onwards. What you do at this stage determines whether you will get the same average yield as most or that huge, prized, monster harvest. After a while of feeding your plants, salts inevitably start to build up, and you can see this if you wash your medium through with a weak nutrient solution. Measure the EC levels of this run-through. The likelihood is that it will come out at 3.6+, even if your plants are being fed with an EC of just 1.4! To put it simply, this does not mean that your plants are getting too much of what they want, they may simply be taking up exactly what they need and leaving the rest behind. This starts to build up and eventually locks out other nutrient uptake, though the plants may still be looking healthy, they will never fulfil their full potential.As mentioned above, simply flushing everything out is not the answer to this build-up of salts. This build-up has to be avoided in the first place. The Super Charge method ensures the medium contains exactly what the plant wants at all times. So here we go, this is how you do it using Super Charging...As usual, when the plants start their 12-12 hour light cycle, start their feeding at 1.2 EC level. Remember that the coco was completely devoid of nutrient when you started, increase your EC level by 0.1 with each feeding. So the next time you feed your plants, give them a nutrient solution of 1.3 EC, the next, a 1.4 EC level and so on. Carry on increasing this until you reach an EC level of 3.0. This should happen exactly when the plant is developing flowering sites, and absolutely must receive adequate and precise feeding due to such rapid development.It doesn’t end there. Once you have reached 3.0 on your EC scale, make sure that for the next feeding you drop your EC level back down to 1.2. Start the whole process again and build it back up to 3.0. In the entire growth cycle, a competent grower should be able to repeat the Super Charge continuously 2-4 times.This method works by fluctuating the nutrient levels enough to stimulate the plants metabolism as well as providing the right amount at the right period of growth. It is so much more beneficial than simply giving the plant a terminal EC of 1.8 all the way through, as most growers do. The Super Charge method provides rapid growth spurts. When the nutrient level is dropped back down to 1.2, it avoids any serious salt build-up and allows the plant to accept more and more feeding. As you drop the level back down, the plant is given time to actually use up the nutrient that normally would have built up. After all, what counts is not what we give to our plants but what they actually take up and on a final point, always ensure to flush with a forcing solution at the end of week eight of flower.We have found that one of the best forcing solutions out there is Ripen, by GHE. It stimulates the plant to fully finish off and put its powers into transferring energy into fruit from its leaves, like no other product does. You have to see it to believe it.Enjoy! use. The final result is truly astonishing and I am glad to have shared a trade secret of so many years.By Jason Pirie

Edited by CocoMonkey, 19 October 2016 - 01:59 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2.8ec in bloom, coco

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.