11 replies to this topic

#1 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:45 PM

i need a spot of help in the design for a tgc keyring  which i will 3d print and make available for free, i was going to make bespoke key fobs for anyone that wanted them (and still can ) but it will be much simpler to give you a tgc key fob  so bespoke ish

what i need is for some one to take the tgc logo at the top  (the round thing with the hands) i need a  back puting on it  so when i covert it to a stl file it works (it doesnt at the mo)  can any one do that for me please?

this will enable me to churn them out quicker as well as time before xmas is drawing in, this is my gift for xmas as the guys here are great and i want to give sth back 

thanks

• mellowed, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 6 others like this

#2 gingerb

gingerb

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:22 PM

i need a spot of help in the design for a tgc keyring  which i will 3d print and make available for free, i was going to make bespoke key fobs for anyone that wanted them (and still can ) but it will be much simpler to give you a tgc key fob  so bespoke ish

what i need is for some one to take the tgc logo at the top  (the round thing with the hands) i need a  back puting on it  so when i covert it to a stl file it works (it doesnt at the mo)  can any one do that for me please?

this will enable me to churn them out quicker as well as time before xmas is drawing in, this is my gift for xmas as the guys here are great and i want to give sth back 

thanks

Direct msg me forest I should be able to sort that out for you.

• The Dude Abides, weedtroll, duke and 4 others like this

#3 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:50 PM

How complex are we talking here?

post-7-0-64204200-1477162218.png

ets: I have several variations on that, along with the leaf and hands and other doodles — most of them as vectors.

Attached Files

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, weedtroll and 4 others like this

#4 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:32 PM

hi miss ill run that through the converter and see what comes out i think it may be to detailed im printing with a 0.5mm nozzle it might struggle with the small lettering and detail do you have any  simpler ?  i can change the nozzle size  but that increases print time

will do gingeb 

thanks both of you we should be able to find sth useful

• The Dude Abides, duke, mrsDeeks and 1 other like this

#5 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:44 PM

I can certainly simplify it, and if you know what needs changing/losing/enhancing then it might be quicker :)

Would dropping the colour help? If so, would you prefer greyscale or just black and white?

eta: What's the final size and minimum line width? I can probably do something full-size with proper dimensions :)
  • The Dude Abides and Paulie like this

#6 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:00 PM

ill just go and run that one though the convert now  and report back tomorrow then go from there ill under stand  what it needs i like it tho :D  im not sure how the lettering  will come out it might be to fine 

• The Dude Abides, duke and Paulie like this

#7 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:23 PM

ok its is to detailed,  i want to print these  at around 40/50mm dia  gray scale might be best or one colour and a background colour, im not sure of bearing the colours have on it , i would think the converter may try to make a feature out of each colour

i did a conversion on the one at the top and it came out looking good  but the lack of a background made the leaf fall out  if you could come up with sth similar in detail to the one at the top of the forum and maybe add tgc lettering  or not 

this is quite new to me ive only designed mounting brackets before in cad  and printed other guys stl files

if you imagine the logo embossed  that how it will be 

this may take a bit of twoing and throwing to get it right

• The Dude Abides and duke like this

#8 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:32 PM

not sure if this helps  missy this is one of the converters and looking at the womans bust thing on that page a grayscale might be best?

http://www.embossify.com/

• The Dude Abides and duke like this

#9 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:37 PM

that is not necessarily  the one i will use for the conversion but its along those lines there is a few to choose from

• duke likes this

#10 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:35 PM

Looking at that, maybe something in greyscale with the shade denoting the depth?

How does 40 mm real size with no line thinner than 0.75 mm sound?

Obviously, the overall final depth will be up to you when you render/print it.
  • The Dude Abides, duke and Forest like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.