22 replies to this topic

#11 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:06 PM

Changing the beam angle won't change the spectrum, only the area it will cover at a given distance :)

Your not wrong their, ok i got you/it. :D

So another thing cus i know your clued on lighting, im pretty sure i read that its not until the different lighting wavelengths, which i  presume are a certain amount of blue and red LED chips depending whether your wanting more veg or bloom, but yes anyhow its not until these different wavelengths leave the LED unit and mix that creates the right spectrum or am i way of and understanding all this totally wrong with LED light specs ? cheers Missy.

• The Dude Abides and duke like this

#12 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:38 PM

ah so you mean the diff coloured  beams have to mix to create the right whatsit?

• duke likes this

#13 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 02:35 PM

ah so you mean the diff coloured  beams have to mix to create the right whatsit?

I`m not sure now forest ffs lol,  but i just know i seen summink about it saying  its not until the wavelengths leave the led chip does the light mix to create the right spectrum. I`m looking and digging as we speak though.

• duke and Forest like this

#14 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 02:43 PM

anyhow its not until these different wavelengths leave the LED unit and mix that creates the right spectrum or am i way of and understanding all this totally wrong with LED light specs ?

That's correct :)

It's exactly like shining two differently-coloured torches at wall — The colours will only mix where they overlap.

eta:

I didn't make that

Attached Files

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 1 other like this

#15 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 03:04 PM

That's correct :)

It's exactly like shining two differently-coloured torches at wall — The colours will only mix where they overlap.

eta:

I didn't make that

Nice one thx Missy.

So if thats the case i would take it at the point those wavelengths cross that`s the sweet spot to set the height of your light so the plants are growing in that spot and in doing that it would depend on the beam angles of the light which is set by the lensese, i think or maybe ? :)

• duke, Forest and Slippery like this

#16 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:57 PM

So if thats the case i would take it at the point those wavelengths cross that`s the sweet spot to set the height of your light so the plants are growing in that spot and in doing that it would depend on the beam angles of the light which is set by the lensese, i think or maybe ? :)

Yes :)

But if all the LEDs are the same then, apart from the very edges, the coverage will be fairly even [i.e. all the circles in that diagram will be on top of each other].

I can see why one would choose diodes with a specific beam angle to obtain a particular area of coverage at a given lamp distance, but I can't think why one would use diodes with different beam angles in the same fixture.

eta: In general, and for all types of lamp, a narrow-angle beam or reflector placed further away will give more-even coverage and better vertical distribution ('penetration') than a wide one close up.

#17 BIGLUMPAGREEN

BIGLUMPAGREEN

BIGLUMPAGREEN

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:18 PM

Missy you amaze me more and more every day,where the fook does your brain fit all this stuff lol,BIG
  • 2scoops and duke like this

#18 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:21 PM

google  BIG

cool jimbo i get that

• 2scoops and BIGLUMPAGREEN like this

#19 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:27 PM

never thought i say this ...............im starting to like this skyline panel im using,i admit the coverage aint like a hid,but 1 panel per plant ewe be golden,,,,,,,,,,,mine runs cool as fuk compared to the hid....its silent to...and im more than impressed with plant growth and flower sights.... :D  im firin the others asap when this cookies is cooked,im gonna run a closet full of disco biscuit /  cookies in there under them..... ;)    i might even nonails a few of those in there ^^^^^  :D 

to infinity and beyond   :D

#20 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:27 PM

google

Oi! :missy: ;)

The 'Net is a great reference and I obviously use it, but I do actually remember a lot, and what I learned at school is still there too, and I can explain things in my own words, which I think is a mark of understanding :)

eta: Oh, yeah, and lighting and electrics is something I used to do professionally, so I do know about this stuff ;)

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.