9 replies to this topic

#1 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:42 AM

From   http://www.organican...zed-across.html     Breaking: Australia Has Just Legalized Medical Marijuana Across the Entire Continent

Australia has made become the first entire continent to legalise marijuana, after their Parliament took a vote on Wednesday.

Medical-marijuana-is.jpg

Australia, with a population of around 23 million has followed several states in the U.S. and decided to decriminalise the use of marijuana.

The amendments were made to their Narcotic Drugs Act,which means legal cannabis farms and the distribution of marijuana products will have to governments go-ahead.

Sussan Ley, the Minister of Health, said in a statement“This is a historic day for Australia and the many advocates who have fought long and hard to challenge the stigma around medicinal cannabis products so genuine patients are no longer treated as criminals,"  she went on “This is the missing piece in a patient’s treatment journey, and [we] will now see seamless access to locally produced medicinal cannabis products from farm to pharmacy.”

The details have not been finalised just yet, but it is thought within the next few months patients with a prescription for medical marijuana will be allowed to start growing their crops.

This is a huge leap for supporters of legalised marijuana across the world, and hopefully now other continents such as North America and Europe will do the same.

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 6 others like this

#2 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:00 AM

Guys, not sure about this. We have legalised Medical Marijuana and we need to apply for various licences and permits and put in applications to be able to grow, buy and sell seeds etc etc..

The cost of licences are about $5,000 AUD and then you need permits that cost about $1,500 AUD and you need several different licences and need to put in applications that address the security, employees blah blah.

All up it would cost me about $20k for licences and permits each year!!! too prohibitive atm.

Here is an email I received a few weeks ago from them:

Dear Stakeholder,

We are emailing to advise of a major update to the Office of Drug Control website relating to the medicinal cannabis scheme.

A series of example licence application forms to assist you in preparing your application have been published and can be found here: https://www.odc.gov....ication-forms-0.

These forms are examples only and an online smart form will be available on 30 October. No applications will be accepted before this date.

For any further queries please contact us at mcs@health.gov.au.            

Regards,

Medicinal Cannabis Section

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 6 others like this

#3 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,585 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:10 PM

@Petal Yes i see your point but even if you`ve not gotta licence to grow a few plants and its on your Docs medical records that you take weed for meds of somesort, i can`t see why the Aussie authorities would come down on you for growing a few percy plants, that`s my feeling about it, i mean here in UK i would say the same for sure if it was like its going to be ouit their. But yes big up the Aissies it`s deffo a step  in the right direction in`t it. :)

• The Dude Abides, mrsDeeks, Petal and 4 others like this

#4 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:32 PM

20k puts it out of the ave person reach doesnt it ? bit of a joke really but as jim says a step in the right direction

• The Dude Abides, mrsDeeks, Petal and 3 others like this

#5 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:56 PM

@Petal Yes i see your point but even if you`ve not gotta licence to grow a few plants and its on your Docs medical records that you take weed for meds of somesort, i can`t see why the Aussie authorities would come down on you for growing a few percy plants, that`s my feeling about it, i mean here in UK i would say the same for sure if it was like its going to be ouit their. But yes big up the Aissies it`s deffo a step  in the right direction in`t it. :)

Oh for sure it is deffo in the right direction. At the moment medical marijuana is in it's infant stage here and only people with certain medical conditions (eg cancer, seizures) can apply to access it (I think). This will change in time to allow those with other medical conditions access. This came about all thanks to an inspiring woman who campaigned fearlessly on behalf of her dying cancer son (RIP) and then a rich man put millions into research here as his grand daughter was helped with her seizures ...wallah, it all happened within a few years.

I actually posted about this woman's campaign here when she first started. I'll find the link and post it. Cheers Jimmi. :)

20k puts it out of the ave person reach doesnt it ? bit of a joke really but as jim says a step in the right direction

That $20k figure is to get all the licences and permits. I might be able to do a couple of things with licence and permit for about $10k but would e severely restricted. I think in time these conditions, costs etc will come down...atm they are all a bit tight and gungho about it...They need to chill! :bong:

For sure a step in the right direction. If I had the doh re mi I'd be in like a shot...no way I can get a dr to sign off for me medically as it's on my medical records that dope has a psychotic effect on me, darn it :)

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, Forest and 3 others like this

#6 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:00 PM

here is the thread I posted about the initial campaign on behalf of medical marijuana here back in 2014 :

http://www.t-g-c.nl/...abis-australia/

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, Forest and 3 others like this

#7 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,585 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:11 PM

Things have moved fast and it`s come along way since then Petal :)

• Forest, Petal, Sprink and 1 other like this

#8 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:13 PM

Things have moved fast and it`s come along way since then Petal :)

It sure has Jimmi :)

• 2scoops, Forest and Sprink like this

#9 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:45 PM

Sounds a bit like they just want money for licences :)

TBH, I'm not really impressed with half measures like this.

In many US states, it's somewhat legal under local law, but the feds will rip you a new one

In Holland, a bunch of guys were given permission by the mayor to sell weed from certain premises. Therefore the cops turn away, but it's still illegal I think

Whenever they pull some roundabout, fuckabout move like this, it just confirms to me that they aren't even considering doing the right thing.

Duw duw bach, 10K for dope in ya pipe before gwelly

• The Dude Abides, Forest, Petal and 2 others like this

#10 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:03 PM

Old news?

The quote/page in the OP is undated, but it links to stories from February.

The OP says:

"Australia, with a population of around 23 million has followed several states in the U.S. and decided to decriminalise the use of marijuana."

And links to: edition.cnn.com/2016/02/24/health/medical-marijuana-legal-australia-irpt/

The OP says:

"Sussan Ley, the Minister of Health, said in a statement "This is a historic day for Australia and the many advocates who have fought long and hard to challenge the stigma around medicinal cannabis products so genuine patients are no longer treated as criminals," she went on "This is the missing piece in a patient’s treatment journey, and [we] will now see seamless access to locally produced medicinal cannabis products from farm to pharmacy."

And links to: www.lawyerherald.com/articles/35711/20160226/marijuana-legality-approved-australian-government.htm
  • The Dude Abides, Petal, Slippery and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.