• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:34 PM

What do people think of the Investigatory Powers Bill (Snoopers Charter 2) which now only requires Royal Assent before it becomes law?

This will require internet providers to keep a log of all users internet history for 2 years and will force tech companies like Apple or Google to help break or hack into devices to retrieve information from them.

Will this affect UK users of this site (or other forums which involve activity which is illegal in the UK)?

If so, is there a way to protect yourself?

IMO it's all very Orwellian, why does any government need to know what each and every person gets up to - the government are supposed to be working for the people, not working to control the people.

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 7 others like this

#2 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,585 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:53 PM

From what i`ve seen it`s more to snoop on the average Joe innocent type peeps, cus like a guy on tv said the other day that it`s pretty easy to get around all this bollox if your in the know, say a criminal or terrorist or whatever, in fact you don`t need much in the know, i think all thats needed is tor and/or a vpn, might be wrong though. But yes taking that into account i think its bastard discusting what they are doing, they are just taking more and more innocent peoples rights and freedoms away and not slow but sure anymore but faster and faster, which most people are blinded to that fact and you often here that lot saying "well if your doing nothing wrong you`ve nowt to worry about" .

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 6 others like this

#3 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:24 PM

People are waking up to the reality about their own enslavement, the powers that be are shitting it because they know we have the power, if only we could get organised, eg, "stop putting flouride in the drinking water or we ALL stop paying the bill" they would be completely powerless to punish everyone, they would HAVE to follow our demands, as soon as this happened it would be a watershed moment, their totallitarian system would break down overnight.

A few years ago, we would all gather at church and talk, then, once that broke down, we would gather in pubs and talk, so they shut them down (by strategy), then came the criminal justice bill that stated it is illegal for a gathering of more than (X) people.

Our only form of "mass meeting" to share our ideas is now the internet. There are already strong punishments against "terrorists" and "incitement to riot", THAT is what the snoopers charters are all about, stopping anyone trying to organise a revolt or uprising!

The PTB are less than 1 percent, they only rule by our aquiescence.

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 6 others like this

#4 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:12 PM

Obama passed new laws days before leaving office.

https://www.theatlan...-powers/513041/

• 2scoops, duke and Dex like this

#5 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:42 AM

best you can do is use  the tor browser package (i find it simpler to use that package) but it slow arsed) or a vpn (which i do use 30 quid a year i use pia ) but its not 100% clear that they wont turn over logs, but most company's say they wont and dont keep logs,  

• Dekay, 2scoops and Dex like this

#6 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:50 PM

Just remember

• 2scoops likes this

#7 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,585 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:53 PM

On all this survelance stuff i just watched the film "Snowden" directed by Ridley Scott well that`s well worth a watch if you`ve not seen it. I didn`t realise how important the stuff this guy has done was if im honest with myself and thought he more a traitor when i first heard of him when it all came about a few years back now, not so much now and haven`t in a while since i was put right, but yes a real modern day freedom fighter this guy is and the movie is worth watching .

• Dekay, Petal and Slippery like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: government, spying, farty bits

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.