68 replies to this topic

#21 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:44 AM

Today's recovery not so bad ;) rather pleased cos I thought I was going to be really achie.

Pulled out the vid for the 3mile climb and stuck some funky choons over the top, il edit up some of the fun stuff tonight.

@ wah wah what's this ebike u got them? I'm loving the full suspension xc ebikes

#22 wah wah

wah wah

I don,t like fish..

• Banned
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:51 PM

gallery_375_414_466179.jpg

#23 wah wah

wah wah

I don,t like fish..

• Banned
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:54 PM

Tis a lapierre fs500.^^...i live about a 15 minute peddle away from bike parc wales..often  have a jaunt up the forest there..haven,t been on any of their trails though..from what i,ve seen of them,,they look pretty scary....wouldn,t mind a go on the begginer ones though...

Edited by wah wah, 12 December 2016 - 12:58 PM.

#24 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:46 PM

Hehe I have a bike. It's made out of a decent frame and cheap spare parts :)

I only got it to run the dogs, and I haven't used it for months

I do enjoy a gentle ride though, with as few inclines a possible, I don't even know how to use the gears properly.

It's great for the legs and it makes the dog think I'm fast, on a flat surface anyway :)

Fuck riding up a mountain though. Shiiit we have a steep hill near here that I wouldn't touch on bike. I used to when I was about 12 YO, but I didn't smoke nearly as much back then

Fuck it, I'll get the dogs out biking next decent day there is. I'm a real lazy fuck when it comes to excercise

• olmec likes this

#25 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:01 PM

gallery_375_414_466179.jpg

My colour sceme is almost exactly the same as this

#26 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:04 PM

Hehe I have a bike. It's made out of a decent frame and cheap spare parts :)

I only got it to run the dogs, and I haven't used it for months
I do enjoy a gentle ride though, with as few inclines a possible, I don't even know how to use the gears properly.
It's great for the legs and it makes the dog think I'm fast, on a flat surface anyway :)

Fuck riding up a mountain though. Shiiit we have a steep hill near here that I wouldn't touch on bike. I used to when I was about 12 YO, but I didn't smoke nearly as much back then

Fuck it, I'll get the dogs out biking next decent day there is. I'm a real lazy fuck when it comes to excercise

Think of your gears like this, your legs should always be doing walking speed, if there going faster than that change gear, if there slower than walking speed change gear

Tip

Have a ride then a few days to recover then get out again
  • Sprink likes this

#27 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:06 PM

Tis a lapierre fs500.^^...i live about a 15 minute peddle away from bike parc wales..often have a jaunt up the forest there..haven,t been on any of their trails though..from what i,ve seen of them,,they look pretty scary....wouldn,t mind a go on the begginer ones though...

Il shout ya when I head dowt to bike park wales m8
  • wah wah likes this

#28 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:16 PM

Think of your gears like this, your legs should always be doing walking speed, if there going faster than that change gear, if there slower than walking speed change gear

Tip

Have a ride then a few days to recover then get out again

Ah cool, I'll think about that when I'm next out

So what about inclines then?

Obvuiously speed helps you so far, but do you change down/up approaching it?

I'm just getting off & walking if it's steep, it just seems too hard. I do tend to use too much muscle power with pretty much everything, which wears me out, so it might help if I can be a bit smarter on the bike :)

#29 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:20 PM

Ah cool, I'll think about that when I'm next out
So what about inclines then?
Obvuiously speed helps you so far, but do you change down/up approaching it?

I'm just getting off & walking if it's steep, it just seems too hard. I do tend to use too much muscle power with pretty much everything, which wears me out, so it might help if I can be a bit smarter on the bike :)

Uphill yours legs should be turning the peddles the same speed as if you were going down hill,

So if I was coming up to a hill I'd be changing down gears one at a time to try and keep the leg speed at a constant.

Getting your seat up as high as u can helps millions to, when your ass is on the seat your leg should be pretty straight on the lower pedal. So each pedal stroke straightens the leg almost completely, this is very efficient on the muscles
  • Sprink likes this

#30 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:30 PM

Right, leg speed again. Now I'm starting to understand :)

That's why I can't do it, because my legs are going too fast

I'll have a look at the length to pedals as well, might be to short.

I never understood why people had their seat so high. I like to be able to stand and I have short legs, but I'll give that a go

Cheers m8

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.