Photo
- - - - -

Monster cropping

Best Answer 2scoops , 21 November 2016 - 04:33 PM

A plant grown from seed has generally stronger buds up top than down low, but if you take a cutting and flower that then a cutting from that cutt, then over time that strength up top is lost and strength becomes the same on all all the plant, so it kinda levels out on strength over time after 3 to 4 runs taking cutt from seed then cutt from cutt and so on, or i was told and lead to believe.

So by monster cropping i take it you mean taking a cutting around 2 or 3 weeks into bloom and repaeting that process with same plant ? . So anyhow yes i can`t see why it would lose any potency after that intial loss from top budz which i never noticed tbh anyhow and i did cutt from cutt for years of the same plant.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:44 PM

Would it be possible to monster crop a plant time after time?

Ie, veg,flower, veg, flower etc or would it lose vigour?

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 2 others like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:54 PM

Would it be possible to monster crop a plant time after time?

Ie, veg,flower, veg, flower etc or would it lose vigour?

hi slippery i guess as long as the genetics stay healthy how long is to long for an annual plant is anyones guess but imo stems become to rigid growth gets elongated and harder to train as stems become brittle and inflexible better imo to just take clones really,peace

• The Dude Abides, marque08, Zipp and 4 others like this

#3 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:33 PM   Best Answer

A plant grown from seed has generally stronger buds up top than down low, but if you take a cutting and flower that then a cutting from that cutt, then over time that strength up top is lost and strength becomes the same on all all the plant, so it kinda levels out on strength over time after 3 to 4 runs taking cutt from seed then cutt from cutt and so on, or i was told and lead to believe.

So by monster cropping i take it you mean taking a cutting around 2 or 3 weeks into bloom and repaeting that process with same plant ? . So anyhow yes i can`t see why it would lose any potency after that intial loss from top budz which i never noticed tbh anyhow and i did cutt from cutt for years of the same plant.

• The Dude Abides, duke, Roy Cropper and 3 others like this

#4 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:20 PM

Not exactly @jimmi2scoops, more like re-veg after cropping a plant, leave it for a couple of weeks to veg and then flower again. Iv'e done this in the past but wondered if it would be possible to veg it for a third time and flower again, etc etc.

I wondered if it would be an advantage to have such an established root system, or whether the plant would lose vigour the third time around.

Just a thought experiment!

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 2 others like this

#5 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:43 PM

I got you :), tbh i never done revegging after chopping @Slippery i don`t think that would be whats known as monster cropping though.  :)

• The Dude Abides, Roy Cropper and Slippery like this

#6 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:04 PM

You could be right Jimmi, I'm not too clever with the inddor malarky

• 2scoops and duke like this

#7 uk Percy

uk Percy

Cannabis Tree Surgeon

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:24 PM

Isn't monster croping is where you crop/top every single point on plant?.
I.e its name monster as it turns to one?
Regards
Percy.
  • 2scoops, duke and Slippery like this

#8 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:31 PM

It`s when you taking a cutting 2 or 3 weeks into 12/12, root it, reveg then flower aka monster cropping, Percy. You can also use other training techniques on the plant just as you would do on any plant if your traing once it`s reverted back to veg

• duke, Roy Cropper, uk Percy and 1 other like this

#9 uk Percy

uk Percy

Cannabis Tree Surgeon

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:38 PM

I see jimmi. I might give a go one day.

So whats one ive explain then?lol. Monster topping..lol.

Regards

Percy.
  • 2scoops likes this

#10 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:40 PM

i dont see why you cant reveg as many times as you want  if thats what you are saying

• duke and Slippery like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.