Photo
- - - - -

How easy is it to dissolve a root block in water?

Best Answer captain beefheart , 01 December 2016 - 10:07 PM

oi sprink i done this last grow...i took growing cuttings from dirt into coco....no probs at all...i jest filled the bosh with tepid water and plonked the dirt cutts in there rootball submereged...i gave them a 15 min soak then lifted carefully massarging the root ball in the water,,,,i removed 90 % without even snapping a root see..............jest soak it the coco will fall away no sweat ;)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:59 PM

Hey crimbo heads

This is about coco, and possibly plants that were potted up before from small pots

I'm thinking of soaking them in buckets and gently freeing the roots from the old coco, as much as is safe anyway

It might seem a bit mad but I have a theory I want to try out

I know there may be some shock, and that's fine, but will it all just come away with a long enough soak?

Sprink be playin himself.. nobody be readin' this, maaaaaan.

Everyone doin' sum crimbo shit no doubt :)

• captain beefheart likes this

#2 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:07 PM   Best Answer

oi sprink i done this last grow...i took growing cuttings from dirt into coco....no probs at all...i jest filled the bosh with tepid water and plonked the dirt cutts in there rootball submereged...i gave them a 15 min soak then lifted carefully massarging the root ball in the water,,,,i removed 90 % without even snapping a root see..............jest soak it the coco will fall away no sweat ;)

• 2scoops and Sprink like this

#3 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:13 PM

Nice one beefster :)

I can see whay you did that too, whenever I change from one t'other they don't like it

I have a feeling that the old coco is hanging onto salts, even weeks after potting up. Mebe not, but feels like a fresh start this way :)

• captain beefheart likes this

#4 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:23 PM

Nice one beefster :)

I can see whay you did that too, whenever I change from one t'other they don't like it

I have a feeling that the old coco is hanging onto salts, even weeks after potting up. Mebe not, but feels like a fresh start this way :)

yo bach 1 thing most growers dont realise..........coco holds onto salts easily !!!  the 1 i just finished cookies i over did the salts  :lol: tbh i loves me dirt..........but the biscuits i transpotted done well ....but did look ruff for first week or so...untill things took sync  ;)   good luck...............bang em in a pot of dirt bach they be sweet that way around  ;) 

• Sprink likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.