• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 KingBob

KingBob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:07 PM

Hey buddy welcome to the circle, I have a 80/80/160cm tent I did use a 600 in there and you find us too hot and dry unless really cold loft..

With 400 I'm growing really beautiful buds and good size, lighting power ain't always the case for a good yield mate :)

Looking forward to the grow buddy and hope you enjoy your self here :)

Thanks man. Hoping to start prepping in the next couple weeks. Unfortunately it's gonna be a lil while before I get the grow going as want things to be right first. Have screwed myself up in the past rushing into it.
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 4 others like this

#12 KingBob

KingBob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:09 PM

Hi Bob welcome dude.im new here too dont worry about it :D .id go for a 400w max in that space and id stick with the 6in exhaust,are you thinking of going with a passive inlet?

Not 100% on inlet yet. Thinking passive from outside or forced inlet from the landing. Either way I'm sure I'll be enlisting the help of you lovely people. :)
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 2 others like this

#13 FatBagZ

FatBagZ

Nugs Not Drugs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:33 PM

Welcome to the forum Bob, lots of knowledgeable people around here who can help you through any mess you get yourself into.

I'm only on my second grow but in the summer I can struggle to control the heat with my 600w in a 1.2 x 1.2 6" Rhino extrac. Like others have suggested, get yourself a digital ballast, I don't think they're much dearer than the OG ones and do a trial 400 & 600 run, see what sorta temps you're getting.

ATB

FBz

#14 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:38 PM

hi bob and welcome to the circle i am a big fan of the drobes for growing and do ok with 250w tbh much more is overkill and a waste of electric,i have tried 2x250w in my larger drobe but imo the tiny difference in harvest are lost by extra electric costs also you may struggle in summer keeping temps stable with 600w,i shall follow if you do a diary here as will many others,enjoy our little home,peace

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, Red eye knight and 5 others like this

#15 denots

denots

oil me up before you go go

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:41 PM

Hi Bob, welcome to the circle mate. Duke is the man you want to talk to about cupboard grows, he'll be about soon, he's always lurking in the background some where  :) .

Speak of the devil ^^^^^^^  :lol:  :lol:

#16 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:50 PM

I`m growing 2 plants in a 3.5ft x 2ft x 7ft tall or roughly that size with a 600hps and a 5 inch extractor and tbh it`s running a bit hot in their atmo, so im thinking of powering down to maybe a 400hps in their at some point.

On another note running the 600hps with a 6inch extractor if that`s all you got for this run go with it cus i`m pretty sure you could smash a grow ouit with that set up in that space, might not be a cock on enviroment all the time, but this shit grows in owt it doiesn`t give a rats ass :D I`m, not sure on room size and lighting power either cus you can have too much light for a space i here, i don`t know maths to it all light x space = feck knows type thing, but yes you can have too much

Have fun. :)

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, denots and 2 others like this

#17 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:55 PM

What sane person doesn't wear slippers XD

Ahem... :rolleyes:

Welcome to the site Bob

Why not try an LED light, no heat issues and there are some incredible results on here

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, denots and 1 other like this

#18 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:57 PM

Welcome along to the circle bob :)

Therea a lamp guide that gives the ideal bulb size to growing space chart kicking about

http://www.t-g-c.nl/...growfaq/820.htm

Best of luck  :)

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, denots and 1 other like this

#19 KingBob

KingBob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:36 PM

Wow so many replies. Thanks guys. Think im gonna go 400w with no cool hood 6" rhino L1 extraction and rhino pro filter into the snake room with passive intake from outside. Thinking 2 photo plants (one sativa dominant one indica) in plant magic soil and vermiculite with OT nutes. Thoughts?
  • The Dude Abides, 2scoops, weedtroll and 3 others like this

#20 KingBob

KingBob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:41 PM

Ahem... :rolleyes:

Welcome to the site Bob

Why not try an LED light, no heat issues and there are some incredible results on here

Would love an LED. Unfortunately it's not something the wife would let me splash out on. :(
  • The Dude Abides, weedtroll, duke and 2 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.