32 replies to this topic

#1 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:05 AM

Joined a couple of weeks ago and decided that I needed to introduce myself before I explore the forum more than I have already and start to post up. 

Bit about myself. I am a mature in age grower who has only recently started growing herb for my own consumption. Technically retired now so have time to enjoy the growing.  What that means is of course that I am not vastly experienced when it comes to herb, one successful grow under my belt and busy with my second. I still consider myself a n00b.  However I have more than two decades of being in the commercial side of horticulture, specifically in the wine estate and vineyard cultivar development.  And have found that those skills are transferable, with the expected tweaks needed for the specifics of growing herb of course.

The more I get involved the more I am enjoying the vast amount of knowledge and different ways to achieve a successful grow. There is still so much to learn about growing weed that I suspect that journey of discovery is never ending.

My set up currently is quiet basic. Grow tent in a shed, four Airpots, good amount of airflow and extraction in my space with a CDM light set bup for the girls to grow. At the minute only doing soil grows, my first grow was two Auto plants and my second is four photo-period plants. I believe in getting the basics sorted first, making mistakes and learning by them which is why I keep things as simple as I can. Coco is on the menu for next year once the current girls are done. They are in their second week of true flowering. 

Looking forward to making new friends and seeing in to old faces.

Thanks for stopping bye and saying hi.

Viz

• Mrs Willy, mellowed, Dekay and 22 others like this

#2 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:09 AM

Welcome to tgc mate :)
  • The Dude Abides, duke, denots and 2 others like this

#3 smokin soul

smokin soul

droplets of yes and no in an ocean of maybe

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:21 AM

hello and welcome mate :hiya:

#4 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:24 AM

Welcome to The Circle, Viz

Good luck with the ganja, there's a lot of expertise here so we can sure help if ya need it

There's quite a lot of us using coco, I'm sure a lot of people wil recommend it, so we can help with that too

Vineyards eh? You'll fit right in in suspect :)

• The Dude Abides, duke, denots and 1 other like this

#5 Chew

Chew

BioBomber

• Respected User
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:42 AM

Hi Viz,

Hope you're well mate. How's that grow going ?

Edited by Chew, 07 December 2016 - 11:42 AM.

#6 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:49 AM

Welcome in m8 if your a slipper wearer I can see u an the dude havin many a long chat

#7 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:49 AM

Hi Viz,

Hope you're well mate. How's that grow going ?

Hello Chew, hope you are doing well mate and good of you to say hi. Thanks for asking about my first grow, did very well with the two Auto Blue Treacle and cleared 185g dried. Messed the dry up a bit as the RH was just under 60% at first. Have been working on the cure process and getting it up to the 62%. Still a work in progress. Smokes like a dream, was the best smoke I have had simply because I grew it myself.  

Welcome to The Circle, Viz

Good luck with the ganja, there's a lot of expertise here so we can sure help if ya need it

There's quite a lot of us using coco, I'm sure a lot of people wil recommend it, so we can help with that too

Vineyards eh? You'll fit right in in suspect :)

Cheers for that, yeah have set myself the target of learning the basics of coco from heaps of reading and then hope to be able to make fewer mistakes of my own when I start in January. 

hello and welcome mate :hiya:

Thanks smokin soul

Hello Viz.

:)

You might need that gas mask you're wearing with some of the farty types around here.

;)

LOL should fit right in then, better out than in eh?

Welcome to tgc mate :)

Thanks mellowed

• mellowed, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 6 others like this

#8 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:58 AM

Viz me old fruit :D ,hows it goin dude .

#9 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:00 PM

Welcome in m8 if your a slipper wearer I can see u an the dude havin many a long chat

Love me slippers.  :D

Viz me old fruit :D ,hows it goin dude .

Chronic hello mukka - so this is where you went to. Good to see you mate.

• The Dude Abides, duke and Sprink like this

#10 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:43 PM

hi viz and welcome to the circle i hope you find the place a nice spot to be in and stick around,im a coconutter and we have a thread devoted to the experience of coco growing link in my sig it might be worth a read as homework for the future,peace

• denots, Sprink and Viz like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.