Photo
- - - - -

Winter loft grow silly high temps

Best Answer Forest , 08 December 2016 - 12:51 PM

it all points to a blocked filter they can block with dust,  if every other thing is ok theres not much else it can be try taking the filter off  as mentioned at least you can rule that out

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 08:56 AM

So yeah as per the title iv been having peaks of 34 with a 250w hps in a mainly uninsulated loft ,in december...da fuuuuuck.

my tent is in a 75mm kingspan box and i had it  pretty much dialed in after about week 4 of my last grow maintaining a 25-27 temp range thru august so im a bit baffled why when its freezing outside i cant seem to keep my temps down.im using the same ventilation as before with a  100mm rvk exhaust with passive intake but at the min im having to have tent door 2/3 open to keep it near abot 28/29 .im proper blagged ,any one got any ideas?

Cheers BC

• 2scoops, uk Percy and Chew like this

#2 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 09:39 AM

Not sure to be fair m8 I'm struggling to keep mine warm at the moment
  • uk Percy, Bubonik Chronic and Chew like this

#3 Chew

Chew

BioBomber

• Respected User
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:09 AM

When is the last time the dust cover was washed on the filter?

A few grows back i had temp issues and noticed there was not much negative pressure. I took the dust cover off and it was like shaking out a hoover filter! Worked perfect after. Worth a check.

I also find if the RH is too high like 75% + if affects the performance 

Edited by Chew, 08 December 2016 - 10:10 AM.

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops and Bubonik Chronic like this

#4 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:21 AM

When is the last time the dust cover was washed on the filter?

A few grows back i had temp issues and noticed there was not much negative pressure. I took the dust cover off and it was like shaking out a hoover filter! Worked perfect after. Worth a check.

I also find if the RH is too high like 75% + if affects the performance 

first thing i did when i noticed the spike was take cover off and wash it,rh has been high but for last 4-5 days iv switched to a flowering friendly 25% with fuck all improvment in droppin temps.my loft hatch has never fitted right an i noticed there was warm air from house cuming into loft so i made a new draught sealed hatch,still no effect.im perplexed lads.

im gettin a bigger fan and new filter after this grow but i need to understand why im havin such odd temps its winding me right up  :angry:

Edited by Bubonik Chronic, 08 December 2016 - 10:22 AM.

• The Dude Abides and Chew like this

#5 Chew

Chew

BioBomber

• Respected User
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:30 AM

first thing i did when i noticed the spike was take cover off and wash it,rh has been high but for last 4-5 days iv switched to a flowering friendly 25% with fuck all improvment in droppin temps.my loft hatch has never fitted right an i noticed there was warm air from house cuming into loft so i made a new draught sealed hatch,still no effect.im perplexed lads.

im gettin a bigger fan and new filter after this grow but i need to understand why im havin such odd temps its winding me right up  :angry:

Have you checked all the duct for leaks?

If it's always worked and now not i would think its fan/filter related?

• The Dude Abides and Bubonik Chronic like this

#6 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:45 AM

yeah mate when i washed the prefilter i checked all connections and for any leaks and its all sound,though i noticed the drop in suction when my cf is in place to when i removed it is huge from like a wind blowing in your face to hardley owt coming out when the cf is back in place and iv got a short run with minimal bending.and like ya say if its been working fine uptill now its unlikely to be fan/filter.

Edited by Bubonik Chronic, 08 December 2016 - 10:48 AM.

• Chew likes this

#7 Chew

Chew

BioBomber

• Respected User
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:56 AM

Is the fan connected directly to the filter?

#8 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:57 AM

no, cf is in the tent (a 60x60x140) and the fan is on top 

• Chew likes this

#9 Chew

Chew

BioBomber

• Respected User
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:10 AM

no, cf is in the tent (a 60x60x140) and the fan is on top 

Try connecting straight to the filter if you can? Do you have another filter you can try?

I only ever use Rhino pro. They do their job in regards to cleaning the air but I find them a bit....temperamental. I had one fail totally due to high RH. I know everyone is gonna say they are the bollox etc etc, but i've had 2 let me down over 18 months. The first sign has always been lack of negative pressure along with high temps.

If it was working fine, and NOTHING has changed, i can only think filter seeing as the fan works correctly when not connected. 

• Bubonik Chronic likes this

#10 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:18 AM

iv got neg pressure,tent sides are sucked in a bit and if ya light a flame next to intlet vent it bends.and theres no smell from exhaust.only other thing i can think of is having heating on in house full whack most of the time but loft temps go from bout 3-15.

Edited by Bubonik Chronic, 08 December 2016 - 11:18 AM.

• Chew likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.