Photo
- - - - -

Winter loft grow silly high temps

Best Answer Forest , 08 December 2016 - 12:51 PM

it all points to a blocked filter they can block with dust,  if every other thing is ok theres not much else it can be try taking the filter off  as mentioned at least you can rule that out

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 Chew

Chew

BioBomber

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:22 AM

iv got neg pressure,tent sides are sucked in a bit and if ya light a flame next to intlet vent it bends.and theres no smell from exhaust.only other thing i can think of is having heating on in house full whack most of the time but loft temps go from bout 3-15.

Ambient temp will have a huge effect on tent temps. You may need a bigger fan and filter then as 4 inch don't have much grunt anyway and with the added ambient temp, it may well be too much for it?

Can't you pull the intake from outside?

Edited by Chew, 08 December 2016 - 11:23 AM.

#12 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:23 AM

and its only about 5 months old.this shud be dun in 6 week or so then im gettin a 5'' fan and filter,still rhino pro.ill probably get a controller and use the 4'' as a intake 

Edited by Bubonik Chronic, 08 December 2016 - 11:24 AM.

#13 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:27 AM

high rh does make em fail @chew   ,

so no leaks bub, have you added a internal fan ? some times if you have added a internal fan and you have it turned up you are bouncing the air all around and the temp will rise , try to have intake on one side extraction on other , bottom to top and if you use a internal fan have it on the intake side and try to point it up to the filter a bit and have it on the slowest speed , it sounds mad but it is true that bouncing air off the walls will up your temps ,  also to rule out a fucked filter they still get blocked a bit even with the soak on , lofts are dirty places  with the filter off what temps do you get ? it will be lower of course  im wondering if the filter has got to wet or blocked with dust ? prob unlikley if its not old tho

• The Dude Abides likes this

#14 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:33 AM

high rh does make em fail @chew   ,

so no leaks bub, have you added a internal fan ? some times if you have added a internal fan and you have it turned up you are bouncing the air all around and the temp will rise , try to have intake on one side extraction on other , bottom to top and if you use a internal fan have it on the intake side and try to point it up to the filter a bit and have it on the slowest speed , it sounds mad but it is true that bouncing air off the walls will up your temps ,  also to rule out a fucked filter they still get blocked a bit even with the soak on , lofts are dirty places  with the filter off what temps do you get ? it will be lower of course  im wondering if the filter has got to wet or blocked with dust ? prob unlikley if its not old tho

i havent checked temps with the cf off,but i might have to now youve mentioned it pal.iv got a 7'' fan blowing just under my hps ill have to have a play and see if theres any difference cheers dude.

• The Dude Abides likes this

#15 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:42 AM

if the fan isnt sth new then it prob not that, but its defo worth having it blew a cross the grow as i said ,  its very odd that  you could run this in  aug and not now sth has changed for sure  i suck loft air in to my cab through passive tubes and ive had to block up two and a half of my three tubes since august when i was struggling to keep it cool   go back and check all your joints  start from one side to the other go over everything , take the cf off does it sort it? . if it does in a big way then it could be a blocked filter maybe,  seems unlikely tho? i get a lot of dust from my loft , i blow in to my rhino pro  and use a soak over the pipe it been running a year and its still good  tho

• The Dude Abides and Bubonik Chronic like this

#16 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:04 PM

Try extracting the the heat straight into the eaves between inner and outer wall skins, then your not pulling any of the older warm air thats  maybe left hanging around in your loft, more so for summer time really, so i cant see thast being your problem in winter time, but maybe worth a try, or pull cooler air from inbetween the eaves whicheever way reound works for you. :)

• The Dude Abides and Bubonik Chronic like this

#17 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:40 PM

Try extracting the the heat straight into the eaves between inner and outer wall skins, then your not pulling any of the older warm air thats  maybe left hanging around in your loft, more so for summer time really, so i cant see thast being your problem in winter time, but maybe worth a try, or pull cooler air from inbetween the eaves whicheever way reound works for you. :)

i extract into my chimney stack.(a cast concrete beast  with fuck load of rebar that i had a right mission  to carve out with a sds drill,grinder and a big fuck off lump hammer and chisel :D )

Edited by Bubonik Chronic, 08 December 2016 - 12:41 PM.

• 2scoops likes this

#18 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:46 PM

chimney blocked?  i used to do the same in my old place loft  a disused chimney i chopped in to it, sucked cold air from down  stairs it was always cold and sent hot up  but this was 8inch i just cant see a 250 heating it up that much its a strange one for sure 

i currently exit my 300w led grow in the loft and its still  fucking cold up there as as said i suck passivly from up there which is to cold its a drafty loft tho with no felt

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops and Bubonik Chronic like this

#19 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:48 PM

no chimneys deffo not blocked.looks like im leaving tent door open for the time being just until i figure out whats gwarning 

• Forest likes this

#20 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:51 PM   Best Answer

it all points to a blocked filter they can block with dust,  if every other thing is ok theres not much else it can be try taking the filter off  as mentioned at least you can rule that out

• 2scoops and Bubonik Chronic like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.