Photo
- - - - -

A rogue ?

Best Answer ZenArcher , 12 December 2016 - 10:09 PM

hi zen long time since ive seen you post,and yes it used to be quite common but is rare now with your quality breeders tbh i only really grow dutch passion autos as they are the best most reliable but basicaly its caused by i sufficient time spent perfecting new strains esp photo/auto crosses take many generations and selection before releasing them to the world,sadly some are not as careful and it shows in this way usually 12-12 will see it flowering like a reg photoperiod,good luck with it,peace

Hi duke, yes  a bit of a break away from here, not entirely sure why either.  :huh:  Thanks for that useful info.  I'm tempted to cull that rogue to get my other autos back on 18 hours light again, I can see the slow down of my autos with the reduction of six hours light  :blush:

Cheers Duke  :)  

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ZenArcher

ZenArcher

Cleaned my nails

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:42 PM

Has anyone experienced an Automatic that behaved entirely like a photo period plant ? :huh:

I have one at the moment which kept getting bigger and refused to flower until flipped it.  :blush:

It was from a mixed pack of Buddha seeds autos. :)  :)

Can put pics up tomorrow at lights on.  :)

• duke, Zipp and Sprink like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:57 PM

Has anyone experienced an Automatic that behaved entirely like a photo period plant ? :huh:

I have one at the moment which kept getting bigger and refused to flower until flipped it.  :blush:

It was from a mixed pack of Buddha seeds autos. :)  :)

Can put pics up tomorrow at lights on.  :)

hi zen long time since ive seen you post,and yes it used to be quite common but is rare now with your quality breeders tbh i only really grow dutch passion autos as they are the best most reliable but basicaly its caused by i sufficient time spent perfecting new strains esp photo/auto crosses take many generations and selection before releasing them to the world,sadly some are not as careful and it shows in this way usually 12-12 will see it flowering like a reg photoperiod,good luck with it,peace

• Mrs Willy, Zipp, Sprink and 1 other like this

#3 ZenArcher

ZenArcher

Cleaned my nails

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:09 PM   Best Answer

Hi duke, yes  a bit of a break away from here, not entirely sure why either.  :huh:  Thanks for that useful info.  I'm tempted to cull that rogue to get my other autos back on 18 hours light again, I can see the slow down of my autos with the reduction of six hours light  :blush:

Cheers Duke  :)  

• duke, Zipp and Sprink like this

#4 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:14 PM

A few years ago i was doing an outdoor grow with some Blue Mystic from Nirvana, and out of 6 two never autoflowered.They ended up going from mid may to late sept so like Duke says it can happen from certain breeders.I never liked Nirvana after that  :angry:

• duke, Zipp, Sprink and 1 other like this

#5 ZenArcher

ZenArcher

Cleaned my nails

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:24 PM

A few years ago i was doing an outdoor grow with some Blue Mystic from Nirvana, and out of 6 two never autoflowered.They ended up going from mid may to late sept so like Duke says it can happen from certain breeders.I never liked Nirvana after that  :angry:

Thanks for your reply BC. I can't condemn  Buddha seeds for this one bad plant.  All the other autos I grew from the two packs were either very good, or excellent.  :) 

• duke, Sprink, gingerb and 1 other like this

#6 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:45 PM

hi zen was that  the mixed ten pack ? what did you think of them ?  and what size were they (a ave) cos they say old school flavors i was thinking they might be more dwarf types? my pal wants to try em cos they are cheap as chips 

perhaps that one was a semi auto? they do show slight signs of flower under 24h but if put i 18/6 they will flower like any auto? and ive seen in other places they say  a semi is a plant that under 24 wont flower at all and can even be made in to a mum and clone not sure how true that is tho

• duke, Sprink and gingerb like this

#7 ZenArcher

ZenArcher

Cleaned my nails

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:11 AM

hi zen was that  the mixed ten pack ? what did you think of them ?  and what size were they (a ave) cos they say old school flavors i was thinking they might be more dwarf types? my pal wants to try em cos they are cheap as chips 

perhaps that one was a semi auto? they do show slight signs of flower under 24h but if put i 18/6 they will flower like any auto? and ive seen in other places they say  a semi is a plant that under 24 wont flower at all and can even be made in to a mum and clone not sure how true that is tho

Hi Forest, It is indeed the mixed ten pack. As you rightly say they are inexpensive, therefore I didn't expect them to be so good, the rogue one aside, they've been really good plants, not particularly short, and quick to finish. I was happy to buy a second pack, and would definitely get them again.

Thanks for reply mate. :) 

• duke and gingerb like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.