13 replies to this topic

#1 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:38 PM

Anyone know anything about them ? I've just been given a Mars hydro led and don't know the slightest thing about em ! I am thinking this along with a cdm could be a good combo ?

Sticker on the back says 140w ? What's all that about then ? Is it pony or is it worth a go ?

From what I've seen the LEDs are good for veg'n but does anyone know if this particular light is any good ?
  • captain beefheart, gingerb and symbol 22 like this

#2 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:52 PM

Anyone know anything about them ? I've just been given a Mars hydro led and don't know the slightest thing about em ! I am thinking this along with a cdm could be a good combo ?

Sticker on the back says 140w ? What's all that about then ? Is it pony or is it worth a go ?

From what I've seen the LEDs are good for veg'n but does anyone know if this particular light is any good ?

roy bach....hope ewe calmed down a bit boyo !!!  i know ewe got tons in ya head atm with the sale of the cafe...............but im runnig 300 watt draw on 4 panels atm with 250 on the HID ...not mars ones but SKYLINES  anyway the way im reading it ATM  first proper go really ............i possibly will be full LED in near future ?  another 3 grows with them i soon see but all i can say................my panels work a fuking treat ewe saw my coconutter under it ?  that turned out jest fine butty...........i never thought id convert but heat difference is massive,wat i will say is a panel per plant is the key,i really need 3 400 panels in me groom...........i can pick mine up when they o they run cool as fuk butty :smoked:   in veg mine produce much more growth squater than HID  but roy its all new to me bach........im learning it....they also need to be @ least 30 inch from canopy for best effect im finding atm..........get on it boyo.......oi that felans got that mush bang tidy...the daft fuka should av hit the cunt out rite on the floor see....id av killed the fuka if it were me bach :D   btw royston grow a pair of bollox bach and smash that bit of fluff mun ;)

• Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides, duke and 3 others like this

#3 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:13 PM

Never used an led, let alone a Mars, but I've seen a lot of negative stuff about these on line, both the build quality and led/lens suitability.
That said a) quite a few people seem to use them, and B) if you didn't buy it there's nothing to lose😊
There's a massive thread over on the old place for them. Think their a sponsor?
  • The Dude Abides, duke, Roy Cropper and 2 others like this

#4 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

• Respected User
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:18 PM

:haha:

• The Dude Abides, duke, marque08 and 2 others like this

#5 gingerb

gingerb

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:52 PM

Roy I think @A1sativa uses a Mars LED, who recently finished 2 plant scrog with it with some amazing results.

I think your 140w would only be good for one plant I'd think depends on age of it. The new Mars have got alot better
now with what watt LED's they are putting in them, some even come with remote control and timer.
I've using an Advanced XTE 200 LED which i think is 185w and I'm growing 2 to 3 plants under it. Like captain said you get tight nodes and shorter plants,

plus am sure depending on strain you get much froster buds from LED.

#6 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:01 AM

The Mars 2 (black panels) are OK but are not powerful. They run at way less than 50% capacity and the diodes don't last long enough

But you didn't buy it so fuck it :)

Yes use it as additional lighting mate, just a boost. The different spectrum might help somewhat

• The Dude Abides, duke, Roy Cropper and 1 other like this

#7 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

• Respected User
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:10 AM

i know fuk all about LEDS but my 400 is awful bright ............put it this way i nearly blinded mrs beef the first time i fired it,she was 4 foot from me and i shone it straight t her eyeballs :haha:  she was temporarily blinded for 20 mins here vvvvvvvvvv

i advise raybans :D

• The Dude Abides, duke, marque08 and 3 others like this

#8 gingerb

gingerb

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:13 AM

Captain I just looked up your brand of LED, those skylines look pretty dam good and pricewise they are pretty good value for money.
Looks like they are UK based also which is always a plus.

#9 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

• Respected User
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:16 AM

Captain I just looked up your brand of LED, those skylines look pretty dam good and pricewise they are pretty good value for money.
Looks like they are UK based also which is always a plus.

like i say i know fuk all about them............but take it from me they bright as fuk they work to date !!! i am impressed so far :D  like i say we soon see come harvest my closet is well lit tho :huh: temps are no different either + they silent ;)

• The Dude Abides, duke, Roy Cropper and 3 others like this

#10 symbol 22

symbol 22

Sir ledalot

• Respected User
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:31 PM

@Roy Cropper mate if its the old green one there not to bad, run much hotter than what my current lights do, but I've used them green mars LEDs and done ok !,think they was the 2nd light I tryed, way back when I first started playing with them!. @Captainbeefheart wait till you see difference in your electric bill!!! Class. I played with the LEDs a while and love them but I still reckon you can improve. IMO LEDs will go well with cmh, i reckon that's the combo
  • duke, Roy Cropper, captain beefheart and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.