• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:48 PM

hi all and @Joe in particular having asked about this on my fans thread i thought i would throw up a quick how to on converting a small wardrobe into a veg cab mainly for housing a small mother plant and 2-3 small clones at a time it is a cheap £10 childs wardrobe Attached File  veg cab 001.JPG   162.12KB   0 downloads         of gumtree and cheap 4inch inlne extractor about £12 from fleabay and the rest is simple ducting gorrila tape and various hooks and holes needed for the essentials basically as im using 4inch extract i shall need double that size holes for inlet so 2x 4 inch inlets placed as seen in these pics,

Attached Files

• Mrs Willy, mellowed, Dekay and 15 others like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:51 PM

hi all well today i got a little more done on my veg cab project and so i took a few pics basically i have used good old gorilla tape which imo is worth every penny and lasts a very long time once in place the only issue is it is bloody sticky and you need to have good hands just to pull the wide one of the roll and me only having 1 good hand makes it a chore!

but for doing the lightproofing on the doors esp the hinged sides i do like this,firstly measure twice then again to be sure and cut the exact length of the roll and carefully fold it in on itself so only a 3rd of the sticky is visible now ensuring door is fully open stick this bit down along the edge of the door so the non sticky bit lines up with the door gap then use another length to cover the join entirely this stops the gorilla tape getting stuck in the hinges and gluing shut and ensure light proofing is 100% Attached File  veg cab 3 002.JPG   92.58KB   0 downloads

now i know not everyone feels safe wiring plug sockets etc and i am a competent electrician so rather than build your own you could just buy ready made power outlets but imo most are unsuitable due to design as in the plug socket being to close together and being unable to fit timers and fan controls side by side i find annoying so would rather spend £6 and an hour wiring it up for ease of use after also i had shitloads of mains cable of a big hoover and can make it perfect length no excess and no having to stretch things to reach!

the extraction i have used is a cheap 4inch inline from fleabay at £12 and cheap control £7.50 so inc plugs tape etc so far looking at a tad over £50 not to shabby!heres a few more pics,peace

Attached Files

• Mrs Willy, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 11 others like this

#3 Joe

Joe

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:09 PM

Cheers duke bro, nice one
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 5 others like this

#4 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:46 PM

I`m thinking of doing one of these myself when i come across a cheapo drobe in a shop, just so i can have my kitchern cupboard back and boiler room, then when boiler man comes i`ve no need to faff about taking stuff down.

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 8 others like this

#5 symbol 22

symbol 22

Sir ledalot

• Respected User
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:35 PM

Yeah good shout that mate looks good
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 3 others like this

#6 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:37 PM

hi i have edited above post to add todays work,peace

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, Paulie and 3 others like this

#7 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:13 AM

Nice work @duke
  • The Dude Abides, duke, Paulie and 2 others like this

#8 Paulie

Paulie

old git!

• Respected User
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:32 AM

Nice work duke,stealthy as fook innit😎
  • The Dude Abides, duke, Forest and 2 others like this

#9 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:40 PM

nice duke how long does the g tape last ?  clever way of doing it imo it sure is sticky stuff  , any paint on the inside coming or are you going to line it ?

no stat to controller the temps?  mind you is not going to get that hot in there is it , nice job m8

• The Dude Abides, duke, TheHerbalist and 1 other like this

#10 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:10 PM

nice duke how long does the g tape last ?  clever way of doing it imo it sure is sticky stuff  , any paint on the inside coming or are you going to line it ?

no stat to controller the temps?  mind you is not going to get that hot in there is it , nice job m8

hi forest the tape if done careful will last till you take it of it is indeed sticky and hard to work with my dodgey paws but its done now and shortly i shall move a couple of clones in there so i can flower the critical+ and dark delight soonish,i have painted it if you can call it that its actually more like paint spreading!i hate painting so slap it on spread it out! i have had it closed and running for 3 hours and got groovy cool temps and can turn the fan down a tad atm and still keep temps ok which is groovy i took a few pics this evening after i finished,thanks for looking in all,peace

Attached Files

• Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides, Petal and 4 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wardrobe conversion, veg cabinet, with farty bits

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.