Photo
- - - - -

Organic soil mix - is this enough?

Best Answer captain beefheart , 23 December 2016 - 12:37 AM

Eyup mud slingers

I'm planning a dirt grow, and I don't want to fuck about with liquid feeds, I have enough of that with my coco grows

So I've come up with this concoction, and I only really want to water, and I don't want to adjust ph either

Bio bizz All-mix

a few clay pebs

rockdust

calcified seaweed (why don't more people use that if it has calcium in it?)

Bat shit - for final pot only

worm castings

bonemeal or fish blood & bone

zymes

Wojja reckon?

Obviosuly it depends on how much of each thing I use, but I reckon that should be enough...

I don't want to use root stim either, but I do want to spoil the plant as there's only 1

Advice is muchos appreciados amigos

my advice is work with the ingredience .....but use different mixes in the pots,it helps to do 1 strain in 4 different mixes then tweak to the desired mix,,,,pointless doing a multigrow and fuking things up,with the dirt ewe can hot it up a tad....to easilly ...........slowly slowly catch ewer a monkey.......ive fed my girls to date .............ABSOLUTLEY NOITHING !!!!!!  ;) but go steady on the bat shit....its potent...hope ewe got the flowering guano ? 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 RealMed

RealMed

Pollen Sprinkler

• Breeder
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:13 PM

Eyup mud slingers

I'm planning a dirt grow, and I don't want to fuck about with liquid feeds, I have enough of that with my coco grows

So I've come up with this concoction, and I only really want to water, and I don't want to adjust ph either

Bio bizz All-mix

a few clay pebs

rockdust

calcified seaweed (why don't more people use that if it has calcium in it?)

Bat shit - for final pot only

worm castings

bonemeal or fish blood & bone

zymes

Wojja reckon?

Obviosuly it depends on how much of each thing I use, but I reckon that should be enough...

I don't want to use root stim either, but I do want to spoil the plant as there's only 1

Advice is muchos appreciados amigos

I have a few Q's, 

Inside or outside?

what size pots? 

Are you vegging if so how long?

Have you thought about adding worms to your pots? 

• The Dude Abides, Sprink, Dex and 1 other like this

#22 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:20 PM

I have a few Q's, 

Inside or outside?

what size pots? 

Are you vegging if so how long?

Have you thought about adding worms to your pots? 

Hey Real

It'll be inside probably under HID

I'm thinking that it'll have maybe 8-10 weeks of veg from now, with 6 weeks of intense light. It'll be LSTd to cover a 1 metre tent

I want to use a fabric pot as it'll be in that final pot for 2-3 weeks minimum before flip. Originally I was thinking 30-35 litres

I haven't considered worms, but got nothing against them :)

Do you guys just dig them up?

Cheers geez

• RealMed, The Dude Abides, Forest and 2 others like this

#23 RealMed

RealMed

Pollen Sprinkler

• Breeder
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:51 PM

I would go as big of a pot as you can. 

I did about 30 litres for a 12/12 ok started in Augest 24th or so finished in Nov. I didn't feed them anything but water.
Attached File  abr.jpg   133.72KB   0 downloads

I really like the felt pots, a plant will grow branches to cover there roots, with felt pots they will grow even wider IMO. I'm trying to add cardboard to my garden pots makes filling them easier but also a space to keep the roots/soil moister in the summer, as well as a place for worms to grow and extra feed for them. If you can I wouldn't pot up but once or twice if you can. From seed on 12/12 I want to use 38 to 57 litres, I would even use bigger for vegging with out any feedings. I will only start my indoor seedlings on 12/12 from now on, so by one month old I can sex them and call any I want to. They go into a pre-flower but easy to veg to the size you want.

Attached File  sp.jpg   100.96KB   0 downloads
  • The Dude Abides, Roy Cropper, Sprink and 2 others like this

#24 RealMed

RealMed

Pollen Sprinkler

• Breeder
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:54 PM

IMO Good video's to watch, I am going to try No Nutes this next summer in 200 gal pots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s73_elaNP8&list=PLveOj312EcnpkxCMqu-wtrqmrJrqs6h_g&index=1
  • The Dude Abides, Petal, Sprink and 1 other like this

#25 RealMed

RealMed

Pollen Sprinkler

• Breeder
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:29 PM

Sprink Oh As for worms Redworms like you get for fishing, they will eat the microbes and release nutes to the plants.

Edited by RealMed, 28 December 2016 - 04:30 PM.

• The Dude Abides, Sprink, Dex and 1 other like this

#26 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:36 PM

Have you googled TGA subcools supersoil mix?

worth a look, no fert required., just water them and stand back

• RealMed, The Dude Abides, Sprink and 2 others like this

#27 RealMed

RealMed

Pollen Sprinkler

• Breeder
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:30 PM

Have you googled TGA subcools supersoil mix?

worth a look, no fert required., just water them and stand back

This is what it is.

8 - 1.5 cubic ft bags of high quality base soil
1 33lb. bag of Worm Castings
2.5 lbs. Fish Bone Meal
5 lbs. High Phosphorus Bat Guano
5 lbs. Blood Meal
2.5 lbs. Bone Meal
3 cups. Oyster Shell
3 cups. Kelp Meal
3 cups Alfalfa Meal
3/4 cup Epsom Salt
1 cup Dolomite Lime
2 cups Azomite
2 TBS powdered Humic Acid
  • The Dude Abides, Petal, Sprink and 3 others like this

#28 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:03 PM

This is what it is.

8 - 1.5 cubic ft bags of high quality base soil
1 33lb. bag of Worm Castings
2.5 lbs. Fish Bone Meal
5 lbs. High Phosphorus Bat Guano
5 lbs. Blood Meal
2.5 lbs. Bone Meal
3 cups. Oyster Shell
3 cups. Kelp Meal
3 cups Alfalfa Meal
3/4 cup Epsom Salt
1 cup Dolomite Lime
2 cups Azomite
2 TBS powdered Humic Acid

thats a good mix for rooted cuttings or potting up ^^^^^ i`d not put seedlings in that tho,also i cut back on the blood meal imo its a fuka to much of that shit.

this grow im doing atm the plants are 30 days old and ive fed them nothing,im trying out something new to me this grow + so far its working a treat apart from my fuk up on potting up plants and stunting the fukas going into to hot a mix :lol: anyway ive got 2 doing really well on this new method,,,,,,,,,im calling it the........... slow release diet ;) im hoping to get at least 3 weeks into 12/12 before feeding anything ;) i do like potching with dirt see its marvelous stuff :lol: ewe cant beat organic dope see :surrender: oooh dont forget the pics beef :D    ooooh btw canna will grow in the crack of ya arse if its fed correctly :huh:

blessed is a few gallons of DWR CYMRU  :haha:

Attached Files

• RealMed, The Dude Abides, jackball17 and 4 others like this

#29 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:44 PM

Cheers for all the input guys :)

Nice video about soil life, very interesting

I did see that soil mix but I've never been one for following recipes :).. it's pretty much what I have planned with a few extras, although I hear that you don't need lime if you use seaweed

I didn't mention fungi, but of course I'll be using that as I do with coco anyway, and sugars as well. No harm mixing in some coco too

I'm not really worried about this, or the exact composition. I figure that as long as there's a diverse mix of slow release ferts and the microherd is healthy then it'll work out

That's what this is about after all, having nature do the work for me :)

Like with mineral ferts, I'll study the dosages and then tone it back some. I can always top-dress with compost & use compost tea if need be. Some of the dosages are in grams to metres square, so you know you only need a touch of that

Worm shit seems to be the one ingredient you can go to town with.. i never knew worm castings was worm shit.. perhaps we should stop calling shit things shit

Well I'm waiting for some stuff to arrive and then I'll get mixing the muck. Maybe do a youtube video where I also give out a load of wrong info like it's magic secrets. lol

• RealMed, The Dude Abides, Forest and 5 others like this

#30 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:30 AM

I usually buy good quality potting mix for growing veges and tomatoes that has 6 months of nutrients in it that retains water.

To this I add:

Cow manure

Chook manure

Epsom salts

Potash

Blood and bone

mix it up and pot up. once the seeds have broken the soil and about 2 inches tall I put sugarcane mulch on top to keep the moisture in.

just water as needed and then liquid fertilizer with a seawood/fish emulsion diluted in water once a week or fortnight depends on how the plants look.

Great thread, interesting :)

• RealMed, The Dude Abides, Forest and 3 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.