8 replies to this topic

#1 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:42 PM

So im wanting to upgrade my setup a touch,im limited space wise and stealth is a must.

At the moment iv got a 60x60x140 tent with a 250w hps and 4''rvk and rhino pro cf,now i want to add a small 60x60x60 veg/drying tent and piggy back a 6'' rvk as extraction from both  and use the 4'' as an inlet to the flower tent.

The current tent is insulated in a kingspan box and id do the same with the veg tent and use the heat from the mini rad in the main tent to heat the smaller one.

Both fans would be boxed and i would be takeing in air from the eaves at one side and extracting to the opposite side.

screenshot (1)

heres a rough sketch to illustrate what i mean.

What do you guys think the effectiveness of the ventilation would be like?

Cheers BC.

• The Dude Abides, duke, Zipp and 2 others like this

#2 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:46 PM

That seems overly complicated to me - Why not just use one fan for each space, giving independence and (probably) better control?
  • The Dude Abides, duke, Bubonik Chronic and 1 other like this

#3 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:57 PM

Hmm... If you swap the fluorescent out for a 150 Watt CMH then you'd have the same amount of light but it would produce a lot less heat and would save lots of power and money :)

Compact fluorescents are about as inefficeient as things get, especially for the larger ones - a few smaller ones or some tubes is often a better bet

#4 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:57 PM

That seems overly complicated to me - Why not just use one fan for each space, giving independence and (probably) better control?

that was my original idea but my loft is uninsulated and i cant really run two oil rads hence why id use the warm air from the main tent to help heat the small tent.

• The Dude Abides, duke and Dutchy like this

#5 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:00 PM

Hmm... If you swap the fluorescent out for a 150 Watt CMH then you'd have the same amount of light but it would produce a lot less heat and would save lots of power and money :)

Compact fluorescents are about as inefficeient as things get, especially for the larger ones - a few smaller ones or some tubes or is often a better bet

that would be fine in the warmer months,but when its cold like now i think the 300w cfl(what i have laying around) or possibly a 250w mh is going to be needed.

#6 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:12 PM

Hmm...

Seeing as the 12/12 lighting cycle will cause temperature fluctuations in the propagation space, and that the propagation cabinet will probably have longer lights-on periods than the flowering space, how about:

- giving the propagation space a passive inlet,
- using the 100 mm fan to extract from the top of that into the bottom of the flowering space,
- using the 150 mm fan and fiter as a final extract from the flowering space?

That would achieve a more consistent incoming temperature for the propagation space, and hence for the incoming air temperature for the flowering space.

As for using the lamp for heat... I'd get a lower-Wattage lamp and a small tube heater to make up the difference when needed :)

#7 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:15 PM

I still can't help but think that separate is better though - I wonder whether building a box around the pair of tents rather than one each might achieve what you want?

#8 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:22 PM

I get... You do not have permission to view this image

Avez vous you got your album set to private?

:)

yep :D ..sorry pal fixed it. 

Hmm...

Seeing as the 12/12 lighting cycle will cause temperature fluctuations in the propagation space, and that the propagation cabinet will probably have longer lights-on periods than the flowering space, how about:

- giving the propagation space a passive inlet,
- using the 100 mm fan to extract from the top of that into the bottom of the flowering space,
- using the 150 mm fan and fiter as a final extract from the flowering space?

As for using the lamp for heat... I'd get a lower-Wattage lamp and a small tube heater to make up the difference when needed :)

I still can't help but think that separate is better though - I wonder whether building a box around the pair of tents rather than one each might achieve what you want?

id not thought of building a single box around both of them with the rad inbetween and passive inleting both from that space...cheers Anonymiss think that might be a goer  :)

#9 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 01:44 AM

there's a better solution to this . let me look at it in the morning . I see balancing woes and you will need a fan controller
  • The Dude Abides, duke and Bubonik Chronic like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.