20 replies to this topic

#1 TheGreenMachine

TheGreenMachine

Potato

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:03 AM

Does this look like it's down to heat stress / light bleaching or is it a deficiency?

Attached File  SDC13232.jpg   254.51KB   0 downloads

Cheers :)

• The Dude Abides, Petal, Dex and 1 other like this

#2 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:31 AM

I think nutrient deficiency rather than heat or stress...not sure which nute...could be cal/mag or nitrogen. Check out a nutrient deficiency chart (lots on google) and compare and with your feeds. Good luck

• duke, Dex, TheGreenMachine and 3 others like this

#3 symbol 22

symbol 22

Sir ledalot

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:19 AM

http://www.growweede...mptoms-pictures

Here you go pal, take a look through this this will answer all your worries good luck bro!.

Let us know your findings man

Forgot to add giving you the link isn't a brush off mate its just you reading what I would be repeating. I don't want to pretend to be a know all ha respect mate

Edited by symbol 22, 02 January 2017 - 09:30 AM.

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 7 others like this

#4 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:37 AM

and details of the grow will help others to help you

• The Dude Abides, duke, Dex and 4 others like this

#5 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:38 AM

I would check run off too see if that's off... Most of the time deffs are from ph drifting or not correctly feeding ie over doing one nute over the other.

It looks like iron Deff to me buddy. That grow weed easy site is good to find the source of the cause. Type iron deff and have a good read :)

Happy growing mi bradda
  • The Dude Abides, duke, TheGreenMachine and 3 others like this

#6 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:51 AM

well looking @ that pic..........not knowing whats its been fed and how often..........i`d say thats well burned !!!  its not a deficiency but fried bach imo......a tad of info on the feeds mite help a proper diagnosis's ?   but im saying over fert ;)  

• The Dude Abides, duke, Forest and 6 others like this

#7 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:10 PM

Just had a look in your diary GM, if that cola is only inches from a 1000W HPS then I'd say that is your problem amigo.

All good things

TDA

• 2scoops, duke, Zipp and 8 others like this

#8 captain beefheart

captain beefheart

original closet gardener !!!

• Respected User
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:39 PM

fuk me inchs from 1K   no wonder its fried

• The Dude Abides, duke, Forest and 5 others like this

#9 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 01:02 PM

hi green like said to you even in a parabolic 1000w is an awful hot bulb and that close damage is certain imo and scropping the tops would be my quick fix if you have no headroom left,peace

• The Dude Abides, Dex, Bubonik Chronic and 2 others like this

#10 TheGreenMachine

TheGreenMachine

Potato

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 01:12 PM

Thank you all for the replies guys. I didn't want to post too much info initially as my posts end up quite long lmfao.

Anyways, she's being fed on Canna Coco A+B at roughly 1.25ml per liter making an EC of 1.3 and I set my PH to 5.7 - 5.8.
The reason she's at EC 1.3 is because I've been checking the run off regularly for about 3 weeks now. I was originally feeding at EC 1.1 but she was a little pale when she first went into the flowering cycle and I saw the run off was coming out at 0.8 which I took to mean I could up the feed. So I've been upping the feed from EC 1.1 to 1.3 over that time and now when I feed at EC 1.3 my run off is coming out at 1.2 bang on. The PH run off is coming out at 6.2 constantly. There are no signs of burning anywhere else, just the upper part of the plant under the lamp. All the rest of the leaves are great and there's no classic signs of overfert i.e. burning tips anywhere else. It's just these few colas up top.

I have looked on the internet and at lots of diagnostic charts and the confusion I have is that it looks a lot like either Zinc def or Cal/Mg def HOWEVER I have been giving Plant Magic CalMag+ every so often as I know some plants can really lay into the Mg during flowering. What confuses me is how random this bleaching is. I mean I've got a cola that's right on the outer edge of the parabolic and it's bleached whereas I've got one right under the lamp that hasn't. I would have expected those colas nearest the lamp to all be bleaching. Not random colas at varying distances from the lamp. This is where I'm thinking it may be a deficiency and those diagnostic charts just confuse me even more as I've said above, it looks very similar to Mg/Cal or zinc def.

If ALL the colas close to the lamp were doing this I'd think bleaching straight away but the bleaching is so random :/ I mean I've got one cola sat 2 inches below the lamp and it's fine :/

I gave her a good flush through two days ago with 30L of plain straight nutes (no additives) at EC 1.2 just to clear out any crap and build up that may be lurking just in case it is some sort of lock out / deficiency etc. Then yesterday when I fed her I gave her an addition of 5ml of CalMag to 15L of feed just in case. I've also tied down what I can where I can to pull some of the worst colas away from the lamp more but she's very brittle now and doesn't take much to snap a cola off - which I managed to do the other day :(

Thanks again everyone.

Edited by TheGreenMachine, 02 January 2017 - 01:13 PM.

• The Dude Abides, duke, Bubonik Chronic and 2 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.