30 replies to this topic

#11 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:24 PM

yes i took the two top draws out but mounted their fronts to the bottom one with a bit of ply  and sealed the joints with decorators caulk (needs re doing) and for intake i drilled holes in the floor and then holes in the bottom draw in diff places to the bottom holes to be a sort of light trap ill take some pics for you petal , the extraction is a high power 12v dc 90mm fan you can buy far more powerful fans than they put in to pcs if you know where to look  and in summer i use to put two fans in side the ducting if needed

cmh is ceramic metal halide  they have little driver ive screwed on the back , the ducting and filter for me is a must have , ive seen guys make filters out of cooker hood carbon sheets im not sure how good they are but you could make a flat one for more stealth ,

i tried it up stairs but it was to hot my house is very warm up stairs , i should of done autos then i could just leave the lights on , yes the ceramics look good dont they

thats interesting  a bit long tho maybe but there is a good poss i can wind it on the bottom of the cab where the holes are ....

power resistors that might well do it as well ... cheers food for thought

@duke so you foot long has a stat on it ?  ive just bought a two foot one for my pals tent  with a stat  i didnt know you can ge them on a foot long one ,

ok thanks , i have a bit of thinking to do

@Petal ill take a few pics of my two cabs so you can get ideas

Alright then Forest, good information so I can try the same... Thanks hun and yes please, appreciate your pics. Good stuff!! xx :)

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 1 other like this

#12 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:27 PM

this is the type 40 or 60w   http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27f49cb909

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, Forest and 1 other like this

#13 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:30 PM

I sense a stealth cabinet grow coming in Petal's kitchen (yes I am psychic).

All good things

TDA

• 2scoops, duke, Forest and 1 other like this

#14 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:23 AM

power resistors that might well do it as well ... cheers food for thought

I'm planning on doing something similar to prevent an outside box with an ethernet repeater in it from freezing up :)
  • 2scoops and Petal like this

#15 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:49 PM

Waw buddy absolutely amazing :D
  • Forest and Petal like this

#16 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:08 PM

another question Forest, what sort of environment controller do you use? does this also control the lights? thanks :)

• Forest likes this

#17 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:08 PM

I`m thinking old school Roman type underfloor heating myself or a few heat mats. :)

• Forest and Petal like this

#18 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:27 PM

no its just the temp @petal  its a call for hot or cold room stat mounted inside,  so when its cold the fan drops to a min speed ive set  with a pot (variable resistor) and when its hot the fan runs at full speed , ive got some fine tuning to do and  a rebuild of the fan controller  i want to use a atc-800 now  to connect a heater up to it as well , and using dc volt fans that make it so much easier to control the speed of them than mains powered ones

• The Dude Abides and Petal like this

#19 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:34 PM

ok well that's right out of my league now Forest lol :lol: I just maxed out my capabilities and my brain is now mushy stuff lolol ..thanks I might have to look at another way to work the environment somehow :)

• The Dude Abides and Forest like this

#20 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:21 PM

if you dont have the too cold lights off temps it wont mater  just run it on full or use a pc fan controller to have it at a preset speed

or we can walk you though diy one ive got to make a new one so you can follow it

or use a ready made one like a sms com twin fan speed thingy  and a mains pc fan which are far more power full

• The Dude Abides and Petal like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.