#12 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:19 AM

A full on Malawi tank m8

Glad you posted that :lol: o was about to ask ya what the Malawi about lmao..

Good luck buddy and subbed :D
  • denots, olmec, Petal and 1 other like this

#13 wah wah

wah wah

I don,t like fish..

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:27 AM

We had a big fish tank until we had the house flooding from a bath left running......we get nice new floors afterwards though and carpets from insurance they didnt pay up on fish I dont think.

Used to have silver sharks..came home from work one day ..all my neons had gone couldn,t  believe  it ..absolutely no trace left of em..they had been in the  same tank together for ages..couldn,t prove it was them like..but they did look rather bloated that day..fucked em off after that give em to a mate..only got albert the plec in there now ..had him for years...the fucker will see me out im sure..

Edited by wah wah, 17 January 2017 - 10:30 AM.

• 2scoops, denots, Petal and 3 others like this

#14 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:04 AM

Used to have silver sharks..came home from work one day ..all my neons had gone couldn,t believe it ..absolutely no trace left of em..they had been in the same tank together for ages..couldn,t prove it was them like..but they did look rather bloated that day..fucked em off after that give em to a mate..only got albert the plec in there now ..had him for years...the fucker will see me out im sure..

I had an 18" plec a few years ago, right hardy barstards I do love plecs, they do a small one called zombie plec there fucking cool
  • denots, wah wah, Dex and 1 other like this

#15 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:18 PM

i can help with the leds  if needed , i use to have a tank with a big red oscar  he was about 12 inches long and would eat  any fish you put in the tank , i think i killed him with the wild baby trout and minnows that i used to put in the tank  to watch him eat , i had no idea  wild fish had germs etc , i also use to keep wild carp mirrors and commons  that was years ago not had a tank for 30 years

• 2scoops, denots, olmec and 4 others like this

#16 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:24 PM

i can help with the leds if needed , i use to have a tank with a big red oscar he was about 12 inches long and would eat any fish you put in the tank , i think i killed him with the wild baby trout and minnows that i used to put in the tank to watch him eat , i had no idea wild fish had germs etc , i also use to keep wild carp mirrors and commons that was years ago not had a tank for 30 years

I've had many an oscar, proper cool fish they are :)

Thanks for the LED offer I'm defo going to be taking you up on that, I'm going to guess it will be easier than a grow light :)
  • 2scoops, denots, Forest and 3 others like this

#17 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:36 PM

i can help with the leds  if needed , i use to have a tank with a big red oscar  he was about 12 inches long and would eat  any fish you put in the tank , i think i killed him with the wild baby trout and minnows that i used to put in the tank  to watch him eat , i had no idea  wild fish had germs etc , i also use to keep wild carp mirrors and commons  that was years ago not had a tank for 30 years

I've had many an oscar, proper cool fish they are :)

Thanks for the LED offer I'm defo going to be taking you up on that, I'm going to guess it will be easier than a grow light :)

I love Oscar's, had a smallish one a few years back (about 8") but had to get rid as he was outgrowing my tank. I used to be able to hand feed him - everytime I opened the tank he'd rise to the surface to see what treats were going. It's mad the way they can recognise the person who feeds them most often and ignore everybody else :D

• 2scoops, denots, Forest and 4 others like this

#18 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:32 PM

I love Oscar's, had a smallish one a few years back (about 8") but had to get rid as he was outgrowing my tank. I used to be able to hand feed him - everytime I opened the tank he'd rise to the surface to see what treats were going. It's mad the way they can recognise the person who feeds them most often and ignore everybody else :D

I used to hand feed mine too m8, I had a camy colour one his name was arnie and he was a brute. Then I had a fire eating albino ( although not a true albino cos he had 2 black speckles ) it would be really funny when I rearranged the tank because he would spend hours moving all the stuff around to were he wanted it
  • KiefKat, denots, Forest and 3 others like this

#19 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:53 PM

^^ and I thought fish had short memory lol.. I learned summit new every day :)
  • denots, Petal, wah wah and 1 other like this

#20 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:18 PM

^^ and I thought fish had short memory lol.. I learned summit new every day :)

Malawi's and oscar's are in the cichlid family and are not like the rest of fish kind. Very intelligent fish in many ways, oscars can be trained with a whistle for instance. And most oscars can learn to jump out of the water through a hoop u hold in about a week
  • KiefKat, denots, WanderinBloke and 2 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.